[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to make a living off poetry? if anyone replies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Don.gif (175 KB, 304x319) Image search: [Google]
Don.gif
175 KB, 304x319
Is it possible to make a living off poetry?

if anyone replies or cares ill post a poem in reply to myself
if i do pls rate out of ten
>>
why dos noone reply to me on 4chan
>>
File: 336.jpg (881 KB, 2048x1420) Image search: [Google]
336.jpg
881 KB, 2048x1420
alright now post
>>
The skill is useless monetarily. Have fun flipping burgers.
>>
>>16562779
It is possible, but it is not at all probable

famous living poets
>Maya Angelou
>Shel Silverstien
>
>
>
>>
Are you an oppressed minority?

Otherwise no.
>>
>>16562932
>famous living poets
>>Maya Angelou
>>Shel Silverstien
They're both dead.

It IS possible to make a living as a poet, but it is extremely difficult. Most poets -even most famous poets- have day jobs.
>>
Not even John Ashberry makes a living off his poetry senpai.
>>
File: dante_tall.jpg (11 KB, 176x275) Image search: [Google]
dante_tall.jpg
11 KB, 176x275
>>16562779
Unfortunately, this isn't the middle ages anymore.

As a hobby, yes. To live off, no.
>>
You usually don't make the money till after you die
>>
as with most arts..
>>
>>16562779

Your wrote on this the other day,
There isn't much new to say,
You must be smart,
About your art,
To make a profit from your heart,
Look at the success of others as a start.

Poetry alone will never make you rich,
But play the market and be it's bitch,
And you will find a system glitch,
To make a profit from the word you preach.
>>
>>16563106

My excuse is that I am not drunk, tired, or otherwise fucked up. I seriously understand the "need to be a drug addict" to do art excuse.

With that said, look at Epic Rap Battles of History on youtube. Looks at Lindsey Stirling (fucking violin). If you make your art appealing to the masses with sex, cultural reference, current events, etc, it can work. You have to whore it actively too.
>>
What do you think of the poems that Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm wrote?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.