[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving Out of Parent's Home - Need Legal Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Can_-_Future_Days.jpg (59 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Can_-_Future_Days.jpg
59 KB, 300x300
I'm 18, live in southwest Washington, am still in high school and will be moving out of my parent's house. I'm moving out because my mom and stepdad have made it next to impossible to be happy while I'm home. I'll explain that in greater detail if necessary.
I'm intending to move in with a friend during the remainder of the school year and then move in with my grandmother who lives close to the college I've been accepted to before the semester starts. I've carefully evaluated where I'm moving and so that's not a cause of concern.
I'm not letting my parents know I'm moving out because if I do let them know they will certainly panic and I'd rather not deal with repercussions of that.
What worries me is that I don't know what is legally mine within my parent's house. I've googled 6+ law sources within my state but none of them have details on what is legally mine or my parents'. If someone could explain what is legally mine or not while providing sources that'd be great.
Thank you
>>
>>16559374
>Can
Go back to mu you hipster faggot
>>
>>16559374
>I don't know what is legally mine within my parent's house
If you bought it it's yours.

It's kind of fucked up you have to ask, are you hoping to steal from your parents to save yourself money?
>>
>>16559465
not OP but what the fuck man
>>
>>16559486
But what if my possessions were gifted to me and I've been personally been using them for years?
I want to know what I can bring with me when I move out.
>>
>>16559533

legally you dont REALLY own anything, but what are the chances of your parents taking you to court? generally speaking your own clothes, your computer, and perhaps anything in your room is not going to make them upset.

what specifically are you concerned about?
>>
>>16559538
I've actually bought about 2/3 of my possessions personally.
My mother and stepfather are incredibly spiteful people and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they decided to take legal action.
Although, now that I think about it the only things they've bought me that I'd bring with me is a dresser, some clothing, a work desk, and my bed.
>>
>>16559551
Like why would you bring furniture if you want this to be a quiet move?
>>
>>16559551

yeah those items might be hard to swing, especialy getting them out without them noticing. so its probably going to be discussed when you actually DO move out. but if you can get them out i doubt they'd so. who has the time? who has the money to sue over items they arent going to use? what lawyer would take this case?

got a job tho?
>>
>>16559565
>>16559564
I have a job. There's a 3 hour period where there's nobody at my house and I have 10+ friends who have agreed to help me move and I intend to just have myself and four other guys show up and grab everything and then get out. I intend to notify the police of my intentions and exact time and date of when this'll be happening.
>>
>>16559580

ehhhh why notify the police? that just seems weird in and of itself.

imo, just talk to your parents. if they say no, you can still take the stuff with you during that secret time anyway.
>>
>>16559605
So if someone sees a bunch of guys hauling expensive items and furniture out of a house and decide to notify the police they police know what's up?
Why ask my parents for permission? It doesn't matter whether they say yes or no and if they figure out I intend to move out they'll go out of their way to make it difficult for me to communicate with anybody who could help.
>>
>>16559605
Not OP, but no. If the parents are half as bad as OP makes them to be, OP might get into even more shit than before, and they might not let him move.

If anything, he'd need to talk to the police now, instead of waiting.
>>
>>16559615

unless you live in the ghetto all the neighbors will just see you and some friends getting stuff out of the house. ur neighbors know you dont they?

etiher way good luck. i think if oyu get it out of the house they wont bother to sue so might as well sneak it i guess.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.