[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>21 today >not a single friend or coworker said happy birthday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 0088 - nokSoT1.jpg (91 KB, 614x588) Image search: [Google]
0088 - nokSoT1.jpg
91 KB, 614x588
>21 today
>not a single friend or coworker said happy birthday
>not even on facebook where all friends are literally reminded and prompted to write a post
>when ever another friend or co worker has a birthday that get plenty of acknowledgement and praise (from me included)

What could I have done so wrong that these people care so little about me?

I'm not autistic, weird, or an asshole. I'm friendly with all of these people and interact with most on a regular basis

I know it's such a small and meaningless thing, but it's really eating at me. I thought I'd made real progress this year and met a lot of new people I considered my closest friends
>>
Happy Birthday anon! I'm turning 21 too next week!

Maybe you haven't known them for long enough? Imo being friends with someone for a year doesn't make them a close friend, especially if you only talk to them about fickle things, or only talk to them at work.
>>
>>16558681

thanks anon

not all of them are just people I've known recently. a lot are people I've known since childhood.

And as far as people I've known less than a a year or just work with, I've seen whom my "friends" have known a lot less time be celebrated.
>>
>>16558667
I'm like you. Had my 29th birthday yesterday. I actually got a call from a highschool friend that I meet every year when I go home for christmas.

Anyway, maybe you not nauthentic? You go to far to please everyone and make them happy that you are not your self. Try to be your self, even if it means to disagree and say "No. I don't want to."..
>>
>>16558667
My 21st birthday today too. Happy birthday anon.
>>
>>16558699
>you go to far to please everyone and make them happy that you are not your self
I can agree with this statement to me honest. I had a girl that fell out with me tell me exactly this once and it hit home

>>16558702
you too. Have a god one anon
>>
Why people care so much about that shit?

>"hurr durr muh birthday"

Are you 12?
>>
>>16558711
Listen, I still doesn't have any friends, but it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm an adult and if people don't like me, I can't force them to.

However, I discovered that I cannot be anybody but my self. It drains to much energy. Recently I've stoped trying to please people. I've stopped being politically correct. People will have to accept or be offended, non which is my problem. I'm just living my life.

You latest comment suggest that you don't stand for anything. Why should people find you interesting? Start questioning more. Don't agree with everything, unless you actually agree. You are 21 now, and you need to act as an adult and take responsibility for your self. Nobody is going to do it for you anymore.
>>
Don't beat yourself over it anyway anon. But it's true that you should be true to yourself when interacting with others, maybe you won't have much friends but at least they'll be meaningful ones. I don't have any interest in people who are like "everyone else" since that means they're easily replacable so keep your individuality. I don't have much people I consider my friends either, most of them are only acquaintances and the ones I consider my friends I've known them since grade school and middle school.
>>
>>16558667

Well you obviously are autistic and weird, otherwise they would say happy birthday wouldn't they?

You're obviously doing something wrong and you probably know it so stop being such an annoying beta pathetic faggot, man the fuck up, and get some fucking friends.

Friends don't come to you you pathetic fuck so you have to go out and get them, and they're not going to want to be your friend unless you have something to offer to the conversation, some personality, so man the FUCK UP, grow a set of fucking balls and stop WHINGING about your failures you stupid cunt
>>
Happy Birthday anon! All my best to you!
>>
I'm going to turn 21 soon too.
In my opinion it won't matter after 21, really. I just want a few friends to go out drinking with for the 21st is all.
>>
Happy birthday OP! I suspect there is more of a technical problem such as facebook not showing others your notifications due to privacy settings and so on.
>>
Happy birthday Anon <3
>>
File: 1269376131229.jpg (130 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1269376131229.jpg
130 KB, 800x600
>>16558667
Depends on how long those people have known you vs. how long they've known everybody else in your circle or workplace. If you're new to them, they may not remember you for a year or two. If they're people you've known since childhood, then I don't know. I've noticed friends that don't live nearby are less likely to say happy birthday even if you've known them a long time.

As for Facebook, personally, if I don't happen to log in right on a person's birthday, they're probably not going to get a happy birthday from me. And honestly, some years I get a lot of birthday wishes from people on FB and some years I don't. I have about 80 people on my FB so idk how much of a factor that is.

Also, it's less than 2 weeks til Christmas and people are probably freaking out about all the Christmas shit they haven't gotten done yet.

I understand you feel neglected and it sucks because feeling neglected always sucks. But there are a dozen non-personal reasons why your birthday might've gotten overlooked. And even if it was because of something you said or did, or because they didn't like you or something: there is literally nothing about feeling sorry for yourself that will make your situation better.

Also happy birthday. Please enjoy this owl.
>>
>>16559173
That's a cute owl :)

Anyway even some anons care enough to wish you a happy birthday so not all is lost right? Cheer up buddy.
My own mother forgot my birthday and when I asked her if I had to buy a cake myself since she was working she asked "Why? Whose birthday is it?" and it wasn't even a joke. My father argued with me how old I was another year.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.