[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exams? Exams...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: study.jpg (140 KB, 960x485) Image search: [Google]
study.jpg
140 KB, 960x485
So I got exams in 6 weeks. Now, I'd like to know whether you think it's possible to be FULL prepared for them )and how I should proceed to prepare myself for them. Like, what's the best way and what worked for you?
>>
How many exams?

Define prepared? A decent grade? Then ya you have enough time but a excellent grade requires constant studying the material from the get go.
>>
File: a4L0npv_700b.jpg (76 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a4L0npv_700b.jpg
76 KB, 700x700
>>16557755
I'm in for three this semester. Just cut the hard one out (Higher Mathematics) for next semester since it really adds well to my cryptography class.

I thought I'm going to ask this since a lot of people are in exam period now and/or have already written them. Imo it's a good timing to hear fron different people what worked for them and whatnot. Especially in terms of (exam)-preparation and studying the material. A decent grade would be really good.
>>
>in 6 weeks
You can learn literally anything in 6 weeks.
You can learn the first 4 years of calculus and the principles of analysis in 6 weeks.
Yes motherfucker you should have more than enough time to get prepared.
>>
>>16557764
>Higher Mathematics
As someone taking graduate courses in math, what on earth is "higher mathematics"?
>>
File: 1403921831447.png (129 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1403921831447.png
129 KB, 512x384
>>16557767
Yea, it's 1.5 months. But on the other hand, you have to distribute the time over different material/subjects in this time span.
>>
>6 weeks
I've taken a whole course in 6 weeks. Of course it's possible to be fully prepared in 6 weeks. How you should study is whatever works for you, we don't know what that is.
>>
>>16557769
Um, Higher Matheamatics are some german equivalent of advanced math classes. Like, http://www.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de/hm/hm4p14/k2/k2_loes.pdf
(not my Uni though)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Further_Mathematics
>>
>>16557764

Then get started right away. Spend one day making a master schedule plotting all 3 classes and how much.

Send a mass email to all the other students and get any notes that you missed or anything that you didn't catch in class.

Then when you start studying the material it is imperative you make notes for each chapter as a study guideline and then another set of notes with more detail.

Work on the problems in 20-30 minute intervals with a 5 minute break. I did jumping jacks for 2 minutes and then listened to one song after that.

Eat fruits and vegetables. Make sure you get 3 square meals a day every single day up to to the exam.

Every week switch up the study spot. So for example, one week you study at home, the next week in an empty classroom and the third week in the library.

While studying I highly suggest you look up material or problems from other university. Search it up on google and see what examples they used.

Imperative in your final week that you do as many practice exams or tests as possible.

One the final days before the exam, gather up all study guidelines for your chapters. I worked with bullet points because they were easy to read and got me to easily remember them.

Don't study but 30 minutes on the final day 3 hours before the exam.
>>
>>16557796
Really. Thank you a lot. Some are common sense advices while the others are hard to catch.

It's just the excitement plus the scaremongering from the peers which let me overthink and stressing me a little.
Thank you, I'm gonna grab a blank paper right away.
>>
>>16557814

Np pal, I wish you good luck. Feel free to update this thread with any more questions or make a new one if you feel lost.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.