[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1430618745495.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1430618745495.gif
89 KB, 600x450
So I have an exam in 4 hours that I know for a fact I'm going to fail. I just submitted an application form for student counselling and I know if I fail/don't attend this exam I will get at least one resit next August. Do you guys think it's worthwhile for me to just not sit the exam and focus on my other three to avoid a completely disgusting mark or should I sit it, fail it and just take the mark and pass the resit?
>>
A side note is that I've had ongoing mental problems for a while and I was considering phoning my grandparents and letting them know before attending/skipping the exam.
>>
>>16557484
You'll learn things from just reading the questions in the exam. Consider it preparation for the resit.
>>
>>16557498
But the issue is that whilst the exam questions each year have been mostly similar, I have missed out on a lot of the course material and not kept up with my studying. So I wouldn't be learning anything I'd just be writing nonsense on the paper and embarrassing myself
>>
>>16557506
Who says you have to write anything? You're planning to resit.
>>
What fucking country do you live in that allows resits? I have an exam in the morning I'm gonna fuck up, but I'll be taking the shaft up my ass as consequence.
>>
>>16557538
Scotland. At uni here you get a chance at the main one or a resit exam in August.
>>
File: 1447302753873.gif (790 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
1447302753873.gif
790 KB, 375x304
>>16557545
Cankek here, the envy is real. I would give my left nut to redo this exam.
>>
>>16557567
That sucks canadabro, I feel for you. That's one of my issues, I've fucked up time and time again but gotten this far and finally applied for help although it's a bit late. The only thing thats making me consider going is just so I don't have to phone home at 8am to tell them I'm a fuck up and I'm dodging an exam.
>>
>>16557484
Are you the same guy from the calc exam thread?

I think your procrastination problem is you're being a little bitch and are too afraid to face big challenges like these. Grow a god damn pair and work towards success rather than finding ways to wiggle out of it and procrastinate further
>>
>>16557589
Different guy mate.
>>
>>16557577
Damn scotbro, our situations sound literally identical. Keep your head up, and focus on self improvement. I'll be doing the same thing and staying somewhere else so my parents don't know I dodged this one. Godspeed!
>>
>>16557589
Wrong people friendo, but thank you for the constructive criticism. Charmed.
>>
>>16557597
>>16557606
Whoops

Regardless, I've seen way too many of you guys waste your potential because you're too afraid to take initiative

Case in point: you are sitting on 4chan 4 hours before your test that you've already written off as a failure
>>
>>16557610
The only issue is that I will fail the test this sitting because I failed to keep up with the coursework. I know it's because I failed to take the initiative and go to class but there have been other factors eating away at my mental health for quite a while that fucked me over whenever I tried. Thanks for your input though.
>>
>>16557610
Yes, I realize there are amazing things we are capable of if we actually put some work into it. How does one "grow balls" and overcome procrastination habits that are ingrained in you since middle school though?
>>
>>16557622
I'm hoping you've at least seen a doctor or psychologist or something to overcome these problems

Also checked

>>16557624
You've got to grow up. Its not middle school anymore.

In a thread suspiciously similar to this I suggested building a schedule and adhering to it. You're a uni student so you should know your typical schedule, so divide it up and put it at least and hour for studying per night. Write it down and tack it to a wall in your bathroom or by your computer.

When you find yourself thinking "I have plenty of time to do this later," "the exam is in 2 weeks," or "just one more hour" of whatever else youre doing, you're fucking yourself over.

And by growing balls I mean acting like an adult. This stuff is important, and right now there's literally nothing more important in your life than your classes.
>>
Although you likely came from a family that pushed you to succeed or punished negative academic results, this is pretty solid advice. The thing you need to realize, is procrastination extends further than being lazy, and often ties into other psychological issues. There is much that can be done rather than seeing a psychologist to work on it though, so I plan on making serious changes.
>>
>>16557681
Nah, I procrastinated pretty bad through high school. It was after a bad first freshman semester that I hit the changes pretty hard.

I really used the schedule, it helps. I also told many friends to fuck off as they dicked around all week.

It pays off, and I understand there may be underlying issues but its mostly about how much you care.

I'm done for the night, I'll leave you all with this

https://youtu.be/5-sfG8BV8wU
>>
>>16557654
A few hours ago I submitted a request for counselling with the university, I'm hoping they respond relatively quickly so I can find out what I have wrong. I feel like there is stuff in my head thats just not right but I have a constant irrational fear that I'm going to go and just be told I'm an attention seeker and that I'm an idiot.

>>16557681
Thanks, I've been planning on seeing one for a while and I fear I may have left it too late but I emailed about it a couple of hours ago so I'm hoping better late than never.
>>
>>16557700
Stop being scared man. Plus if they don't take you seriously sue them for negligence.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.