[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Committed partners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1440029371896.jpg (67 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1440029371896.jpg
67 KB, 800x600
Potential /r9k/ waspnest incoming. Please try to avoid it. (I am not and will never be from there.)

Why does it seem that trying to find women to have casual sexual encounters with, even to the level of manipulation, is more noble in the eyes of society than trying to find a committed partner? This is how it seems to me. I'm hearing this from men and women alike.

It doesn't make any sense because nobody will say one thing and stick with it.
>>
Because like gravitates to like. You're presumably young- in high school or college and you've presumably slept around a fair bit or used to. So your circle of friends and acquaintances reflects the view that big number = good. If that doesn't apply to you then for one reason or another you fell into a group of friends who it does apply to and you are now the outlier.
>>
>>16555777

Sweet double trips.
>>
>>16555777
Love hurts sex doesn't, nice trips btw.
>>
Nothing is more noble than anything else. It all comes down to what you and your friends perceive to be noble.

Basically stop hanging out around whores.
>>
>>16555796
Noble is for lack of a better word. "Normal/Acceptable" might be closer.
>>
>>16555777
>Why does it seem that trying to find women to have casual sexual encounters with, even to the level of manipulation, is more noble in the eyes of society than trying to find a committed partner?

Guys brag about how much pussy they get because, unless you look like Brad Pitt, convincing a girl to fuck you is a challenge. It's a skill.

On the other hand, girls don't really have to do anything. They just show up, look pretty, and wait for someone to chat them up.
>>
>>16555788
I'm at a liberal arts college. So I guess that's why. But it seems to be more prevalent than just here, even elderly people I've met seem to think this.

>>16555792
This is a good answer. Thanks. Love really hurts man.

>>16555862
/r9k/ bleedover.

Girls have to deal with all the shit thrown at them. Both sides have advantages. A woman's skill to be honed is fire control. A man's skill to be honed is, well, rapid fire mode.
>>
>>16556094
>>16556094
>A woman's skill to be honed is fire control.
That's why we trash talk fuckbois.
>A man's skill to be honed is, well, rapid fire mode.
And you guys praise hoes.

See how stupid this is yet?
MEN like being single forever, women do not.
>>
In my experience, getting along with people is just a more versatile skill than being able to pursue and cement a long-term relationship. Well what goes into getting along with people? A pleasant personality is obvious but it's an open secret that we also judge people based on looks and lifestyle. I'm talking about the most general cases of interaction here. We'll treat our cashier at the grocery store better simply if they're physically attractive. We'll show more respect to a complete stranger if they're dressed like a professional. We get along better with hot people.

But if someone we meet (1) likes our personality, (2) thinks we're good looking, (3) admires or respects our lifestyle and (4) has a sexual preference for our gender, how is that not bound to lay the groundwork for casual sexual encounters? Even the prelude to such encounters involves things like familiarity, flattery and comfort with proximity--things we also associate with getting along with new people in general.

Whether a person can frequently land casual sexual encounters works as a pretty accurate representation of their social aptitude in general. People by and large don't care how well you can settle down with someone because that's unlikely to matter to them. How you're able to navigate your social interactions with them and their friends/family/colleagues/etc. is far more relevant. Social value is much better aligned with casual prowess than skill with commitment.
>>
>>16556124

This!
>>
Never had the looks or good fortune to have slept around myself, but as an outside observer, it seems to be a matter of age groups.

You're in college, right? The term 'sowing wild oats' ring a bell? It's just a biological thing; young, happy, healthy people want to get off as much as possible with as many people as possible.

I'm in my mid-twenties and in a committed relationship now, but even I feel the tug whenever an attractive member of the opposite sex walks by. I'd never act on such a shallow impulse, and even if I did, I'm not stupid enough to think a total stranger would fall into my arms. But imagine being social, single, and probably still on your parents' allowance - the world is your oyster. Why limit your options?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.