[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 22. Yesterday I learned that I have no sense of humor.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: bpDUbku.jpg (290 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
bpDUbku.jpg
290 KB, 2048x1365
I'm 22. Yesterday I learned that I have no sense of humor.
I don't really talk to a lot of people but my ldr girlfriend on skype.
She has said, a very nice way, that I don't have her sense of humor (implicit that others do). Yesterday she invited another guy to our skype\ call and he just seemed to fun, and she seemed t o have fun. He as not even that funny. He just made light stupid comments/observations/jokes about what he was doing and some jokes here and there that my girlfriend would respond to in kind. And he'd chuckle as he'd say those things and so did my girlfriend.
I ended up practically leaving myself out of the conversation because I have nothing to say, and I don't chuckle or laugh easily. And I felt slightly shy but I don't think that's the issue, I could say whatever if I felt like it.
I've never had a lot of friends so maybe that made me never develop that ability to be playful and make/appreciate/laugh at jokes. It's not like I never do but barely laughed in the call. Also I started out in a really good mood and there seemed to be plenty of room in the call for me to talk.
Can I still develop a sense of humor and playfulness? How do I become more "fun"?
It's not like I'm an unempathetic, uncaring douche. I think I'm pretty caring.
>>
>>16555604
A moment of silence for someone who got keked in a skype chat in a LDR
>>
If you truly had no sense of humor someone would have noticed that before you grew out of childhood.
>>
>>16555614
Who would have noticed it? As I said I don't talk to people too often. And who's to say they haven't? I think I used to be more playful though, I suppose I accidentally "grew out of it".
>>
>>16555618
Your parents. A child that never finds anything funny would be noticed by 4-6 years old.
>>
>>16555623
I laughed a lot more as a kid, I think it worsened with time. And they might have noticed, they do tell me I should be more social.
>>
Stop thinking so much
>>
Then you do have a sense of humor.
Stop being so over dramatic.
>>
>>16555638
You could be depressed.
>>
>>16555645
My sense of humor is not 0. If that's what oy mean I agree.
>>16555651
I was for a very long time. I have had some bad (usually short) times but I'd say I haven't been depressed in almost a year.
>>
Bump. No tips though? Anything I could do to get a better sense of humor?
>>
>>16555830
I guess smile, practice a good laugh even if it's fake so it sounds natural. Make yourself laugh at silly jokes if they are supposed to be funny. Smile a bit when you talk. Hang out with people you are the most confortable with so you can safely practice on making humorous remarks. However don't try hard to be funny cause people might tell you are trying hard. And not all people are class clowns, and if they are maybe their personality is just that and nothing else which I assume will bore girls soon enough.
>>
>>16555604
>cvckoldry in action

Your gf is going to breakup with you
>>
>>16555842
Those are pretty good ideas, though it's all done through skype so smiling could only help psychologically. I need to learn how to laugh better though, and also at myself and others.
I don't really know any people so that'll to hang out with so that'll be hard.
>>
>>16555908
/thread
>>
>>16555949
She might end up with me in some months for feeling like being with me is not that fun, or that I can't cheer her up. Still, that was way too light to call it cvckery, so eh...
>>
>>16555604
Anon, its true that everyone has different humor but the way its delivered is the real key. Also once you're funny once, the person will think you're always a funny guy and if you're not then you're not. That's the kind of weird little things ive noticed from people. I can say almost anything out of context that makes no sense and some of my friends would laugh their ass off even if its not funny. Sometimes it's just a gesture of kindness or a say of showing you're interested in the convo. Or just showing how awkward the convo is. There's many ways of interpretation but if you're friends with them you can try and say jokes you don't have to. I don't at all only when I think of funny things I don't try and be the comedian I've done that before and it takes work thinking of shit to say thats stressful.

Yeah anon just don't worry about it you be you man cuz if youre not good at jokes and try to be good at them you're gonna pass off as a cringey dude

Yeah and also you have a sense of humor but it just changes. I had an entirely new sense of humor at an early age which made me not have so many friends but hey finally you'll meet some people that do eventually.
>>
>>16555963
That's true, I've seen the funny guy of the group just acting stupid and getting laughs. I'm pretty sure "not so funny people" would get at most an awkward laughs and a confused look. It's a bit hard breaking this image now.
And yeah, I do have a sense of humor, it's just not a strong one.
>>
>>16555949
>>16555908
not only this, but shes going to keep OP around as an orbiter while shes chillin with funny chad 25/8, making him think hes got at least some chance with her in some aspects but all the while disregarding him and prioritizing chad above all else.

there is no happy ending OP, shes already made her choice. Best find a new crush.
>>
>>16555604
AYYY LMAO
KEK XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
LMAO
KEK
BUR
:DDDDDDDD XDDXDXDXXXDDDD
LOL QUQ
>>
>>16555604
Damn nigga. You got keked in a skype call. That's a new one for me.

I hope you're aware that she's skyping/texting him now, right? I guarantee you she is, and he's wooing her.

My advice? Step up your game hard if you want to "keep" her.
>>
>>16556301
>>16556398
>>16556425
lol I do find this kinda funny. I wonder if this is just one person or not. She's done far more for me than me for her. Maybe the day will come but, seriously, she's not gonna cheat on me with that guy.
>step up your game
What the hell does that even mean.
>>
>>16556301
>while shes chillin with funny chad 25/8
I don't think Chads get into long distance skype relationships

The guy just sounds like a different subset of autist. Loud and cringey vs sullen and boring
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.