[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homeless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Homeless_Man.jpg (691 KB, 1024x820) Image search: [Google]
Homeless_Man.jpg
691 KB, 1024x820
First time on /adv/ but I'll cut to the chase, I have received an eviction notice and will be homeless within the next month, is there anything I can do to prepare myself?
>>
>>16555180
Find another place to live?
>>
>>16555180
cant you find somewhere to live? with friends? parents?
>>
>>16555181
>>16555182
I have no money to my name and no friends or family, the nearest shelter is 20 miles away and I would have to walk it there
>>
>>16555196
You have a month to walk, start now.
>>
>>16555200
The problem isn't getting there it's what to do after that.
>>
>>16555196
>no friends or family
are your parents dead or what
>>
>>16555205
Yes, I have distant family but I have no idea where they live or even their names.
>>
>>16555203
You have a month to think about it
>>
>>16555180
can you get some job to sustain yourself
at least you can afford wifi? you are using the web now?
>>
>>16555180
post on craigslist looking for small jobs like cleaning gutters, moving couches, etc. try to keep enough cash to keep you fed and keep your phone. once you start applying to real jobs youll need something they can call you back on. i think some shelters have a limited time you can stay there? if so, get a gym membership, pretend to work out for a little bit, and use it as a place to shower. i was going to say you can sleep in your car but you dont have one
>>
>>16555222
I've been bumming wifi from the neighbors for over 6 months and using a 7 year old laptop that I've had since school, I've been unemployed for over a year now with very little callbacks besides the occasional "trial period" where they use you as free labour for a week
>>16555238
I live in the UK, there isn't a craigslist for my area
>>
>>16555238
newspaper? post and look for odd jobs
>>
>>16555242
>I've been unemployed for over a year now
Can't you even find some retail/bar jobs?
>>
>>16555259
I don't have the best social skills and it clearly shows in interviews, I'm at the point where I was applying for everything that came up though and still nothing
>>
If you don't have a car, let me make this very clear: you go to anybody, absolutely anybody you can possibly go to, to give you a couch to crash on until you can get on your feet. If you have a car, it's doable, if not, do not fuck around, swallow your pride, and get a fucking place to stay.
>>
>>16555264
>it clearly shows in interviews
Wtf? I found two part-time jobs with almost zero work experience.
>>
>>16555242
>I live in the UK, there isn't a craigslist for my area
The first thing you need to do is go to the council. They have an obligation to provide you with housing, and the only way you'll end up on the street is if you're too lazy to fill out the forms. As a single guy you're not going to get a council house, not now, not in ten years, not ever, but they will put a roof over your head. You'll likley start out in a B&B for a few weeks till they find you something better, from there you'll go to a bedsit, after perhaps a year you'll get a privatley rented 1 bed flat. If you're unable to pay they will cover the whole cost of your rent, if you're working they will pay most of it, but they allways make sure to pay enough that you have a decent amount of money left over. If you rent is £600 a month, and you earn £400 a month, you'll pay something in the region of £80 a month for your rent. They also pay your council tax for you.

The next thing you need to do is get some bunce, sharpish. Apply for jobseekers allowance TODAY. It takes a few weeks for the payments to start, so the sooner you apply the sooner you'll have some portraits of her maj in your pocket.

Also, get yourself down to the citizens advice. They'll help you with this, to the point that they'll fill out all the paperwork on your behalf if you ask them. It's free, and if there isn't one near to you they'll send someone out to your house.
>>
You have a month to work that's 1400 dollars and 800 for rent
>>
>>16555301

This anon knows what's up. Do this OP. Literally do it right now.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.