[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A person who I've been friends with since I was very young
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hannibal-buress-2.jpg (26 KB, 948x709) Image search: [Google]
hannibal-buress-2.jpg
26 KB, 948x709
A person who I've been friends with since I was very young has grown to become one of the douchiest people I have ever met. Recently he's talk shit about me getting rejected by this one girl I liked and while normally I can ussually get over him saying shit like that he's also called my sister a bitch and a slut. He thinks he's funny and that he's hot shit when his girlfriend is a confirmed slut. (I realize I may be sounding like a hypocrite here.)
Yesterday was the last straw for me as he started insulting my sister in a group chat in front of some other friends and now I'm just fixing to bash this dude's head in. Am I wrong to wanna fight him? Should I let it go, cut ties and just leave it be? Should I go over and fight him?
I get that I'm sounding like a white knight beta but I'm not someone who takes insults to my family lightly.
>>
He called your sister a slut... I think almost anyone would want to smack him around a bit,if they were in your shoes. No one can fault you for feeling that way.
>>
>>16552871
The trouble with me fighting is the fact that I got a bad right shoulder. It's been dislocated twice and I'm not sure if I wanna risk that shit again.
>>
Have a chat with him, only you two, and bring the subject up.
"Dude, I understand you don't give a fuck, but please do not say shit about my sister. It isn't funny, it's gross and I feel mad with that."

If he is your friend, he might whine but he'll understand you. If he isn't, well, then you can beat him without fear of losing a friend.
>>
>>16552808
Why do you care about anything this fucker says? Just cut contact, it's not worth a fight
>>
>>16552902
I'm probably gonna do that after its all said and done.
>>
>>16552808

cut him off. fighting him lets him know you got to him.

hes been friends with you all his life, so even if he treats you like shit, its only because he believes that he means SO MUCH to you that he can get away with it.

by casually just ditching him, you will hurt him far more than any physical damage could. by non-chalantly removing him from your life you are telling him that its no big deal like he was worth less than your couch.
>>
>>16552924
Honestly I don't think we've been close friends for about year, and what kills me is that he feels like hot shit, I doubt he'd react beyond a simple "meh" at this point. Still you may be right.
>>
>>16552935

>he thinks hes hot shit
>i doubt he'd react to a meh

he seriously would. what you've described, even not being so close, is someone who holds himself in high regard. love him or hate him, he wants you to think about him. getting in a fight will only further validate him. acting like he is no big deal and just phasing him out of your life like hes your old mattress will kill him.
>>
>>16552956
That makes sense, thanks anon
>>
>>16552808
well in my personal experience, i've always felt like i should have at least give a good punch to the bitches and douchebags that crossed me. i still kind of wish i did sometimes.

but it's smarter not to fight; he could press charges on you, you might end up getting beaten up, and he will definitely plan on revenge; and you can bet it'll be 10 times worse than what you inflicted on him.

and if he's as miserable as you say he is, he's on his own path of loneliness anyway. people with a healthy sense of confidence and happiness don't try to bring others down. you can start his lonely path with you by cutting ties. he'll find someone else to pick on, and they'll leave too... until all he's got left is his girlfriend who'll probably cheat on him or leave him for someone else.
>>
>>16553009
You're probably right on the charges, ain't one to fight his own battles anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.