[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mom has $300 left credit on credit card, $200 cash withdrawal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1448222969240.jpg (12 KB, 296x219) Image search: [Google]
1448222969240.jpg
12 KB, 296x219
>Mom has $300 left credit on credit card, $200 cash withdrawal power
>Has to make payment in four days of about $55
>Take credit card, withdraw $100 using an ATM buy drugs
>Father filed for bankruptcy, were poor, moving into one bedroom apartment in different state because a friend of brother is letting us live there for free
How do I stop being a sack of shit that hates his family so I can get on with my life and not be a toxic burden?
>>
>>16552758

quit doing drugs.
>>
Stop using drugs if u are able to work go work ur assoff to earn and go live seperatelly dont use alchohol and dont be a fuking burden to your parents
>>
Stay fit and active, get at least an hours sunlight per day, read a lot and help others when you can. These 4 things are enough to make 99% of human beings consistently happy and well rounded.

In your case I'd say also take a second job and contribute more to the rent or find another way to help financially until you improve yourself enough to move onto something new.
>>
>>16552776
>Stay fit and active, get at least an hours sunlight per day, read a lot and help others when you can. These 4 things are enough to make 99% of human beings consistently happy and well rounded.

this is something most people refuse to acknowledge or believe for whatever reason. especially if you throw in 'eat healthy'. people dont realize just how happy eating a carrot can make you instead of a muffin.

but they'll argue that they are too depressed to exercise instead of admitting that they are depressed because they wont exercise.

easier to take pills and see if that sticks. bleh.
>>
File: StCgryF.jpg (991 KB, 2600x2061) Image search: [Google]
StCgryF.jpg
991 KB, 2600x2061
>>16553003
Amen. Long term commitment and lifestyle change are more difficult than most people give credit, but they're the only real solution to things like obesity, depression etc.

Humans are creatures of habit and environment and you have to change your lifestyle to change who you are. People don't understand this on 4chan or life in general.
>>
>>16553053

>more difficult
>comittment

i disagree entirely , its easy as fuck. whenever i feel REALLY down and in a loll i just think 'what did i eat today? have i been outside?'

this is generally followed by a banana and walking my dog, and i immediately perk up. everyone does. were meant to be outside moving and eating. its not a comimtment or a lifestyle change to do this. its just living life.

i just dont see how it'd be something as big as a lifestyle change. like legitimately changing your diet to lose a shitton of weight, or extreme exercise for muscle gainz sure, but just getting basic exercise and some natural foods isn't a lifestyle change, more an enhancement.
>>
>>16553068
I think you're missing how easy it is to become completely passive in life. The majority of Western society and civilization is based around comfort and ease. 4chan is a good example of somewhere where many people get socially isolated for whatever reasons as a kid and turn to the internet and slowly but surely descend into obesity, depression and other issues because of how they live. They get their enjoyment and pleasure and comfort and interaction from a magic box, who wouldn't want that? But the price is sanity, health and plenty of other things. It's even harder to break if you've never know any different and don't have anything to strive for and have no frame of reference for what's a better way to live.

As for food, I think that's mostly down to habit as well. You've been fat your whole life, you've learned and been taught how to get processed shit foods from quick crappy places and vegetables and food literally taste bad to you. It's gonna be fucking difficult to change.

If you're obese it's even harder, because you have to put yourself through that constantly, while trying to stay sane and active enough to get your ass out the door and live in the real world, all with nothing to aim for and noone to talk to.

Being a fat lonely fuck is a hard thing to change.
>>
>>16553003
Have you been a depressed person and did working out work for you? I just got a gym membership and intend to start next weekend after I'm finished with my exams. Not overweight at all though, my BMI's 18
>>
>>16553095

horribly depressed, yeah. for years i was the typical anon who wallowed in misery.

exercise is definitely a key element, as is eating better. not necessarily healthy, but better.

>>16553087

making big changes to combat obesity and such i understand as a 'lifestyle change'.

but going for a walk and eating some fruits i still dont see as a lifestyle change. they are very minor changes.
>>
>>16553102
>but going for a walk and eating some fruits i still dont see as a lifestyle change. they are very minor changes.
Yeah that's fair, think I'm just rambling on without context.

Just remember to keep pushing yourself for little incremental changes over time. It gets real easy to fall back into the same mindset.

You sound like your head is straight though, good luck in life
>>
>>16553121

im not to worried about slipping back. i leave my office every day with a skip in my step and sometime tear up about how happy i am.
>>
>>16553102
I'm already eating healthily, I eat fast food like once a month and don't drink soda. I'm actually pretty active I'm a med student and work at the hospital every morning but I just don't feel happy even though it's the only domain that interests me. I'm planning to make a regular schedule for studying so I have time to go exercising at least twice a week and on the weekends too so I really hope it'll work because I really wouldn't know what to do otherwise.
>>
>>16553129
You're doing better than me then, rock on
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.