[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never been able to deal with life issues well. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 1164.jpg (141 KB, 479x359) Image search: [Google]
1164.jpg
141 KB, 479x359
I've never been able to deal with life issues well. I've always done well in school and whatnot, however I've never been good at dealing with life issues.

Whenever somethings troubling me, I sit there and I think and I think and I think, but I come up blank, so naturally my next step is to seek help from my loved ones. While I recognize there's nothing wrong with asking for help, I feel like relying on others this much is really unhealthy.

Maybe it's because I grew up as what was essentially an only child (A have a half sister and a step brother who lived on and off with me and my parents growing up, however I'm significantly younger than them so they were always really nice to me) so I may of never developed proper problem solving/conflict resolution skills (In fact, in kindergarden to about grade 2 my social skills were so poor I had to take special classes to develop them properly), however I can't help but feel like there's something more at play here.

I can provide examples if needed.
>>
Have you ever gotten your penis stuck in a thermostat?
>>
File: Clint-Eastwood-3_Roger.jpg (21 KB, 666x360) Image search: [Google]
Clint-Eastwood-3_Roger.jpg
21 KB, 666x360
A man's got to know his limitations....
>>
Examples are obviously needed, OP
>>
>>16551056
Yeah, I guess that makes sense, I'm in the middle of studying for finals so I was in a hurry to get this out so I could get back to studying.

Here's the biggest one that comes to mind. The first real relationship I ever had ended two years ago. I was devastated, I loved this girl to death, she was my first for pretty much everything. In retrospect it was pretty much my fault the relationship failed, but that's not important.

It was around Christmas time she did it, we were both in grade 12. I had many classes with her, my locker was right next to hers, I had to see her all the time and it killed me. We tried to stay friends but it was clear that that wasn't going to work. For a brief period of time she started hooking up with me out of what was essentially pity (I didn't realize it til later) and had hope that it would lead to us getting back together. Obviously it didn't and in the end it left me feeling more broken than I was before.

I had no clue how to deal with any of the shitty things I was feelings. I just kinda put up with them hoping one day I would just wake up and they would be gone. Summer break that year was the worst, my best friend went down to mexico for a month to visit family, and my two other really close friends took on full time factory jobs during the week and since I always worked weekends I never saw them. I had other friends but they lived out of town. Not far, just a 20 minute or so drive away. However I really put off getting my license for some reason so I couldn't go and see them. My day during that period of time consisted of getting out of bed, doing whatever chores my mom wanted me to do that day, playing vidya til about 2 in the morning while talking to my "out of town" friends in a skype group chat we had set up and going to sleep. I was alone all the time, and while dealing with whatever the fuck is wrong with me at the same time. It was a pretty shitty summer.

(cont.)
>>
File: AreYou Mugwump.png (102 KB, 250x317) Image search: [Google]
AreYou Mugwump.png
102 KB, 250x317
These examples sound more about circumstances than any pattern of not dealing with life issues well. You sound quite ordinary, actually.
>>
>>16551168
Like I said, I had know idea how to deal with my emotions. Despite my feelings for her still burning I was open to going out and meeting new people, however being that I live in a small town with a population of 7500 I knew everyone my age. And while I don't think I was exactly hated at my school, I wasn't exactly popular either, so girls really weren't interested in me. I did go to my skype chat about what I was dealing with, and they tried to help the best they could, but nothing really made me feel better, it got to the point where they were genuinely tired of hearing about it.

I bet your wondering how I got over her, well, time heals all wounds I guess. I eventually met someone else who I'm still currently with, and desu one day it just kinda happened.

She still crosses my mind every now and again, but I suppose that's normal
>>
>>16551175
I more up to date one I guess.

If me and my girlfriend are having relationship issues or were fighting I just can never step up and come up with ways for us to deal with it. She's shown her displeasure with always being the "problem solver" all the time. Whenever we fight I just go quiet because I'm absolutely clueless as to what to say or do.

She said it best "it's disappointing that I can never get help from you because as it stands, you can't even help yourself"
>>
File: 169_img_3.jpg (27 KB, 383x388) Image search: [Google]
169_img_3.jpg
27 KB, 383x388
>>16551212
You're developmentally delayed is this regard. But keep on keeping on, you'll get there someday.
>>
>>16551274
Well how can I deal with it, or at least get better, not necessarily for my sake but hers.
>>
File: mugwump_vol9-iss7_0001.jpg (2 MB, 2496x3423) Image search: [Google]
mugwump_vol9-iss7_0001.jpg
2 MB, 2496x3423
>>16551281
Oh, I'd dump her immediately, she sounds awful.

>But feel free to ignore her instead.
>>
>>16551345
We kinda have a really really shitty past with each other and it causes problems, along with her having bad anxiety and trust issues due to so many people in her past fucking her over and taking advantage of her.

It isn't easy being with her but I'd go to hell and back for her.
>>
>>16551384
>>16551345
*it isn't always easy

It's not like the relationship is one continuous fight
>>
File: mugwump_vol4-iss1-1-448x600.jpg (129 KB, 448x600) Image search: [Google]
mugwump_vol4-iss1-1-448x600.jpg
129 KB, 448x600
>>16551384
Again, sounds awful.
>>
Trial and error you dumb fuck.
you are not born with the answers.. so any problem.. write down or think about the most logical solution and test out the theory.. correct the errors till you get it right.
Goddamn, life isnt that difficult. Stop making it so difficult for yourself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.