[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people afford LA NYC and Miami?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
How do people afford LA NYC and Miami?
>>
>>16548484
They do research and find a neighborhood that's affordable.
>>
>>16548511
This. Commuting is a bitch.
>>
>>16548536
>>16548511
So commute and poorfags can live there?

Why does your neighborhood make you commute are all jobs downtown or something?
>>
>>16548511
Its mostly this, people who live outside the city but commute there for work.
Anyone who actually lives in the city is either
>rooming with 2+ other people or has a spouse that brings in a good amount of money
>in public housing
>a trust fund kid with an unskilled or part time job
>anywhere from upper middle class to rich
or the most god tier combination
>jewish and rich
Definetly not your average person
>>
They have rich families that help them out, or really good jobs, or both.
>>
My sister moved there in 2008 with 700 dollars in her bank account. She hopped on a bus one day from Massachusetts with all of her stuff, and got into the city. She started off living in the Bronx and waited tables while she lived with her friend's mother. She couldn't pay the bills and lived off of 1 dollar pizza.

She got kicked out, and moved in with 8, yes, 8 roommates in an apartment in Manhattan. As far as I can tell, it was some of the best times in her life, and the worst. She was extremely depressed as she had to work as a waitress.

One day, her friend comes to visit her and has the nicest shit imaginable; nice purse, clothes, everything. Why? She worked in finance. So, my sister, with her Psych degree, got a job as a fucking receptionist at a hedge fund, worked her ass off and got into operations, and now she lives in West Village (the most trendy part of Manhattan) by herself and makes well over 6 figures.

Hopefully, that can help you some. I only met her a few years ago (crazy childhood), but she is my mentor now.
>>
>>16548484
idk man. have to live with my family and still pay outrageous rent. its costs so much to live here. i would need a really damn good job to live alone.
>>
I live in an expensive area on par with NYC, with less jobs.

The answer is:

1) Live with your parents
2) Live in a shithole, renting out a room.
3) Be wealthy/have wealthy parents.
4) Have a good job.

Is Miami even expensive? There's tons of spots in LA that aren't really expensive too. I would use NYC/SF for expensive shit.
>>
>>16548589
Op here I have 0 knowledge in the places but I researched a ton I keep hearing about cheap shit in Miami even near the beach but I find it hard to believe
>>
>>16548582

It's very much worth noting that she is much more intelligent and hard working than the average female, and also exceptionally attractive. She is smart enough to realize that a lot of her success can be attributed to the fact that all she has to do to get looks from men is walk down the street. When I visited her for the first time, and we walked around West Village during the evening on Halloween, I saw more heads turn for a woman than I have ever seen for anyone in my entire life.

She's VP at a fund now, and according to her, all she does is sell. She doesn't actually know much about hedge funds and how they trade (relative to someone directly involved with the trading process), but she can speak very well and she is gorgeous.

The moral of this? Even if you're a male, you need to be good looking to succeed down there unless you're very intelligent and well qualified. Not everyone can walk into Manhattan with a 3.0 GPA from a no name school, majoring in Psychology, and get a job at a hedge fund. The world revolves around value; always remember that. Her value comes from her looks and her silver tongue.
>>
>>16548484
They get good money. Before that they live in an affordable and convenient area for their job.

That was my case, I could move in the big city earlier this year, now thinking of buying an apartment
>>
>>16548598
>worked her ass off
>a lot of her success can be attributed to the fact that all she has to do to get looks from men is walk down the street
?
>>
>>16548598
Yeah fuck being successful I'd be happy just being normal there
>>
>>16548604
rekt

But nice storytelling dude, you should write fanfics, maybe you'll actually end up in living downtown of some big city.
>>
>>16548604

Just because her attractiveness is a major selling point, that doesn't mean she can be a lazy fuck. There are more gorgeous women in Manhattan and LA than you could ever possibly imagine; they are a dime a dozen. What I'm saying is that a fat, ugly girl would not have had the same success as her doing the same thing. At the same time, a woman just as pretty as her would not have succeeded in her place if they were a lazy, stupid fuck.
>>
>>16548625
>damage control engaged
>>
>>16548624
>>16548624

Wow... thanks. I actually really appreciate that.

I've always loved writing, and storytelling, and poetry... but I major in Economics because my parents pushed me away from the arts. Every single professor I've had has told me that I am an exceptional writer, but I just don't know how to monetize it.
>>
>>16548625
There's a difference between working and working your ass off.
Have you ever tried getting a job where you have to compete with hordes of people in developing countries who are satisfied with being paid dirt?
People work so hard that their gluteal cheeks fucking erode and fall off. After that, the only looks you get while walking across the street are looks of pity and disgust.
>>
>>16548645
I am completely talking out of my ass here, but wow about you start to contribute to an online newspaper for your hobby? If it's actually good, maybe they'll ask you more.

But once again, I have no idea how this works and if it's even possible
>>
>>16548625
Do you think if I'm ugly I can do what your sister did but instead of being a west village mogul I just want to be a Brooklyn every day person

I went to NYC and in the Bronx I saw a black guy covered in sweat delivering packages to a giant gated house and he had the brightest smile in his face when I asked him for directions

Always thought how the fuck does this guy afford it?
>>
>>16548654

Someone from a third world country cannot sell like a gorgeous woman from America can. Get into a field that cannot be outsourced; sales is one of those fields.

>>16548656

You probably think that I'm talking out of my ass when I say this, but I absolutely will look into that when the next term of university starts.

An embarrassing truth about me is that I spend from 3-6 hours a day writing and editing poetry. Even more embarrassing... I am very good at writing, uhh, god... erotica.

>>16548671

Brooklyn is becoming a trendy place now too; it's not cheap.

Do I think you can do it? Yes, I do. However, you need to be able to articulate how and why you are valuable. Remember this world: VALUE! See the world through the lenses of value, and you will have a much easier time succeeding in places like NYC or LA.
>>
>>16548709
Of course its just I'm having trouble finding what I'm good at with no resources

Is Brooklyn really that trendy now? So Harlem, Bronx AND Brooklyn are that bad now? Jeez.is queens the only thing left now?
>>
>>16548484
OP asks this identical question once a week.
>>
>>16548598
>>16548582
I think I heard of her. Did she go to a university in NY?

Also I'm in her exact place (major too) except I live in NY and am a guy, what can I do to be successful?
>>
>>16548484
They don't. They usually live with roommates.
>>
I had a friend who lived there who ended up in jail and had to come back to our small town. I asked him the same question as the OP, and he simply said "you bust your ass".
>>
OH LOOK ITS THIS ASSHOLE AGAIN

Do you still have your 500$ saved?
Do you still dream of being poor in the Bronx?
Or is it Miami you were want to move to- cheap housing near the beach!!
You also said you wanted to move into a black neighborhood.

Get your shit together and fuck off.
No one cares about your daily pity party threads.
>>
>>16548511
Nope, they sell dope or some other fishy business.
>>
>>16549596
Also, I love how you just abandon thread when you get called out. You never explain why you feel the need to make these threads every day, or why you can't just do what people suggest.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.