[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bit of an unusual problem here. There's a girl I have known
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: globe.png (76 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
globe.png
76 KB, 256x256
Bit of an unusual problem here. There's a girl I have known online for quite a while, and we get along really well. I'm crushing on her and it's possible she likes me too. Normally I would have asked her out by now.

BUT, I live in Europe and she lives in the US, so asking her out isn't possible. What could I do instead in my situation to show her I like her and find out if she likes me?
>>
Internet date by asking her out online
Have it end shittily
Waste a bunch of time and/or money on the delusion

Actually, forget about her. You should love me. Waste a bunch of money on me.
>>
>>16543153
>tripfags
>>
>>16543195
What else should I have told him? I answered his question, provided a predictable outcome since he's probably blinded by infatuation, then offered him an alternative.

Pretty thorough, if I do say so myself.
>>
don't because who cares
>>
>>16543153
>asking her out online

hat do you mean, what is an "internet date"
>>
>>16543148
>be me
>freinds with a girl on the Internet for years
>decided to meet her in real
>get on a plane to her country half way around the world.
>spend 3 months with her
>hook up near the end
>comes back to my country with me for a short vacation .
>dosnt want to leave, both realize we fucked up and we now have feelings for each other
>she leaves to her country
>we decide to try and make it work
>8 months pass and she comes to visit me again and stay for 3 months
>I fucking propose
>fast forward some time I'm now married and living In her country.

anything is possible OP
>>
>>16543148

does it matter? ur in europe and shes in the US.
>>
>>16543684
Idk, I'm an optimistic person and prefer to hope for outcomes like this: >>16543680
>>
>>16543705

you barely know her and havent met. hoping it will end in marriage is not a good idea.

anons story is sweet, but think about how realistic it is even in terms of money and such.
>>
>>16543148
Bumping because curious.
>>
>>16543680

Alternative version that happened to me
>meet girl online
>fly to meet her
>hook up and try to make a LDR work
>graduating college in 2 years
>plan to move to her and work
>visit her whenever I have money
>things going great for 1 and a half years
>she starts acting weird
>ends up cheating on me with new guy in her class

LDRs are too risky OP. Do what you want but that guys story is a rarity. It requires BOTH individuals to be loyal and not shit. Good luck finding that.
>>
>>16543148
Distance is a difficult thing once strong emotions get involved.
>>
It can only work if you are ready to settle down.

I met my girlfriend online 8 years ago. We visited on and off. She moved to my country last year and we are getting married in 6 months. I know others with similar situations and they made it work. We are all in our late 20's tho
>>
i'm having a similar situation. i met a girl while on a trip to hawaii last year where we spent a few days together. its been a year and a half and we still keep in touch but shes 2900 miles away. shes super nice but i think its just because shes canadian. easy to confuse their niceness for interest, haha. i've had girlfriends come and go but i still think about this girl from hawaii.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.