[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: crosses.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
crosses.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
I recently asked a girl out, and she said yes but was a little hesitant because I didn't seem like a very religious person (because I'm not). She, on the other hand, is a devout Chrisitan. Now I need to find Jesus quick before she calls me out on my shit and ends the relationship. What do I do other than go to church more often?
>>
>>16542712
That's not going to work. Let her find another Christian, and let yourself find another non-religious girl. You will be much happier, more compatible, and have a higher chance of relationship success.
>>
Fuck, some of you guys go through way too much for some pussy.

I mean I'd do a lot for a girl, but pray? Fuck no.
>>
Get out of it now, because it won't work for more than a few dates (which won't lead anywhere caused by the religious background).

Or you could do the Costanza approach of bluffing your way through it, but we all know how that ended.
>>
Leave her. Simple.
>>
>>16542712
If you're serious about Christianity, just learn more about it. If you're not, break it off now.
>>
File: bred.png (281 KB, 845x452) Image search: [Google]
bred.png
281 KB, 845x452
>>16542712
>>
Accept religion only when you believe in it, otherwise you're gonna run into some issues.

Christian people are best for other Christians. Tell her straight up that you don't want to lose her because you aren't christian. Go from there.
>>
>>16542712

Hurry up and fuck her then cut it off.

The really religious ones tend to be giant sluts.... because forgiveness and all
>>
>>16542712
Read a lot/ watch lots of youtube.
Do the Bible (KJV, Douay Rheims, or New American), Aquinas, Augustine, Anselm of Canterbury, etc.
Bible: http://www.drbo.org
Texts of Church Fathers:
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/
C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity will also help a lot.
General interest in philosophy would help too- good ones to read are Plato, Aristotle, Confucius, and some of the works of Tolstoy wouldn't hurt (especially confessions).

If not, youtube is good.
Search up Bishop Robert Barron, Pastor Steven Anderson (who is extreme and a heretic, but after you gain interest in the Bible he helps a lot), C.S. Lewis doodles, and Interesting Philosophy.
Make sure, as well, you learn as much as you can about God, and don't withold reason. Read Fides et Ratio, it'll helpt.
May the Lord be with you, OP.
>>
Got the same problem. I'm agnostic and the guy I've been seeing is a creationist.
>>
>>16542712

Just call yourself a Unitarian and start wearing hemp
>>
My ex's mom invited me to go to church with them, knowing I'm nonreligious. I tagged along to make the family/gf happy. She wasn't nearly as religious as her parents, so it would have worked out, but if she's really devout then you won't want to fake that shit anon.
She'll probably not bang until marriage.
>>
Speaking as a devout Christian, the Bible tells us not to date or marry non-Christians. Tell her that.

Plus, you (and her) would probably be miserable with each other. A devout Christian (or Muslim, or Jew, or whatever) is going to really base their life on the teachings of their religion, and to be romantically with someone who thinks it's bullshit, it's going to cause more problems than happiness.

Also, if you're just looking for some pussy, you're barking up the wrong tree, if she's a devout Christian. Again, Bible says sex was made for marriage.

You're probably just out of luck with her, man. Find yourself a nice atheist or agnostic girl and I promise you'll be happier than you will be with her.
>>
>>16544244
This and only this.

You're insane for even thinking of pretending or changing your life in such a radical way for a girl you barely know. Absolutely insane. Play in your own pool.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.