[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you successfully gotten back together with an ex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 1443828129641.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1443828129641.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
Have any of you successfully gotten back together with an ex?

How did you do it?

Feeling a bit confused about it and whether or not to pursue it.
>>
one does not successfully get back together with an ex
>>
File: 1444005878028.jpg (43 KB, 413x427) Image search: [Google]
1444005878028.jpg
43 KB, 413x427
>>16529424
But I must have her.
>>
>>16529415
It lasted for a week and the same old problems resurfaced. This is after 1.5 years of not being together.
>>
>>16529453
How did you get her back?

I've changed myself a lot and feel confident in my ability to keep her this time.
>>
>>16529460
How long it is since you break up?
>>
>>16529424
This.
>>
>>16529460
She kept on calling and texting me until I basically gave in. I was weak.
>>
>>16529484
6 months.

I thought I was done with it and only started replying to her bi-daily texts and calls to open up the option of sleeping with her, but then I met her IRL the other day and got hooked.
>>
>>16529492
This is exactly what I did. I thought with my penis. I figured, 'hey, easy sex'. Guess what, emotions get involved and then you're screwed. I promised myself I would never do it again, it wasn't worth it.
>>
>>16529523
I don't mind that.

When she walked in it was like she sucked in the color from the rest of the room, I had been sitting there for about half an hour looking at other girls but completely lost interest once I saw her. That tells me that I must have her.
>>
>>16529531
Ok. Have fun. Perhaps your outcome will be different. I tried.
>>
>>16529415
Yes, I did.
And it was miserable. We didn't last much the second round.

Think about this. You ended that shit for a reason.
>>
There's a reason you broke up. If you date her again you're only going to re-realize it.
>>
>>16529565
Yeah, she ended it because I couldn't be what she wanted anymore. I've taken steps to correct that for my own sake and I think I've found peace.
>>16529558
I really do think I have to. Thanks for your input though.
>>
>>16529415
>Have any of you successfully gotten back together with an ex?
No, she is dead!
>>
>>16529415
Tried to, failed. I look back and literally believe I was a retard for even trying. I really wasnt in the right mind frame and other shit was getting shoveled in my face. 2013 really wasnt my year. Dont do it OP, just walk away. Keep your dignity, move on. Youll look back and scoff one day and hopefully you have an awesome ass chick.
>>
>>16529779
I'm sorry lad.
>>16529999
But I actually am in a good place, a great place even. Significantly better than when I actually was with her.
>>
Been in two relationships, the first was two years long on and off, we got back together once or twice, it never works out.

The second was nine months long, we took a short break at around 7-8 months, only lasted about a month more.

Getting back together is a romantic idea but trust me, it's really just a waste of time, it won't work out. You broke up for a reason, when that happens, you know you guys weren't meant for eachother, learn from it and use it to help in the future when you truly find the one for you.

Just my two cents
>>
File: tumblr_nyqlspHdrJ1tb5g6zo1_1280.png (592 KB, 942x944) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyqlspHdrJ1tb5g6zo1_1280.png
592 KB, 942x944
>>16529431
>>
Getting back together is the most beta thing one can do.
>>
>>16529523
Emotions got involved with you both or was it just her or you? Currently in a similar situation and have to decide whether or not to cut the sex tie by tomorrow.
>>
File: 1444100118777.jpg (37 KB, 449x425) Image search: [Google]
1444100118777.jpg
37 KB, 449x425
Surprised this is still up to be honest.
>>16530256
Yeah, but I've fixed the issues that caused her to leave me.
>>16531028
I don't give a shit what it's perceived to be. I want this woman and I will have her.
>>
>>16530067
Then you have your answer.
>>
Didn't actually get back with her but my ex girlfriend/current oneitis has admitted her feelings for me recently.

I did move across the planet, though, and because we kept in contact I guess she decided she wanted what she couldn't have.

I still don't know what I'm gonna do about it because she's so far away but if if I ever do then I'll let you know how it goes lel.
>>
I don't understand this shit of keeping contact with an ex. Even if she was my best friend and shit keeping contact would be painful as shit.
>>
>>16531269
OP here, I did avoid her completely for a very, very long time.

But after a while I let go of my anger, realized I lost her because of my own flaws and inability to act like a proper man and then started feeling really silly and cowardly for avoid her in such a way.

Then I saw her in person and decided I wanted her back, simple as that.
>>
Only times this works is if the couple was together for years, some time has passed and the reasons for breaking up has been fixed.

Its rare but it can work.
>>
>>16529531
Good luck.

Unlike most I think people can get back together. It just isn't easy so it has to be worth it.
>>
>>16531320
Thanks man, she's been so much in my thoughts ever since I saw her again.

Even if it does go wrong I still feel like I'll regret it if I don't at least try.
>>
>>16529565
>>16529570
if the reasons for break up have been fixed or the people have changed it is possible. like >>16531286 said basically.

the longer your relationship was the more likely a second time on the ferris wheel will work. if you werent together for a few years it probably wont work out even if you get back together but there are always exceptions.
>>
Any of you got any opinions on how to approach this?

Just keep it calm and assess each situation accordingly or push it?
>>
>>16531278
It sounds like your doing this for the right reasons and I'm part of the group that believes people can fix there problems.

I do think the breaker upper has to be the one too start any talk but you never know.
>>
>>16531358
Politely bumping this

I'm not quite clear on the rules of pursuing someone you've already been with.
>>
Eh, I dated a guy for three years and we had a bad break up that lasted six months. We got back together about 2 months ago and we haven't had a fight yet.
>>
>>16531358
>>16531358
I think you need to lay your cards on the table and get some input from her (i.e. make sure she's receptive) before you can figure out your approach
>>
>>16529415
Best I can give from my own experience is to try not to care, be single for a while and enjoy the benefits of that while.
An opportunity to connect again may come up but not if you pursue it too hard
>>
>>16529415
>ave any of you successfully gotten back together with an ex?
Yes
>How did you do it?
She begged me to take her back after she cheated on me and promised she wouldn't have any contact with the guy again, I'd also have blowjobs on demand.
In all fairness I did get blowjobs whenever I wanted, but she did end up fucking the guy she cheated on me with again, and a few others.

If you broke up because it was her fault, she will do it again
If its your fault, you fucked up
If you grew apart you just have to accept it and go your separate ways.
>>
>>16531677
This is really good advice, have some time for you. In the end, you are the only judge of your actions. If you get back together and it works, fantastic. If most likely not, then thats the way it goes.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.