[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4khd monitor fps boost for gaming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 24-022-246-TS.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
24-022-246-TS.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
So, looking for help/advice for my monitors, here is my current parts that I could find. The rest is the case, Hard drives, and peripherals, which I don't think matter past the list. (Which I also couldn't find on the website). I can list though if requested.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WTDvXL

I bought two Monitors: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824022246&RandomID=998236822424112220151126121712

I noticed a fps drop in games when I attempt to play in 3840x2160, from my previous 1440x900.

Yes I quite literally built this in preparation for Fallout 4 and to, hopefully, not upgrade for a long while. As well for future gaming. The Monitors I kind of went with "fuck it, let's go and make the console peasants feel even worse.." these are my first 4k Monitors, now how can I boost fps performance? I pretty much read win7 is not optimized for them, is win8? because I don't really trust and want win10..
>>
The monitors were on a whim, didn't think of upgrading the OS because it's worked exceptionally well for me since I got it. But thanks all who reply with your thoughts.
>>
No.

4k is too expensive for what it is at the moment. I do agree that 4k is very nice you really notice the reducation in pixelation and it looks more like vectors but they are expensive because they are new. Wait out the hype train Anon.
>>
>>16524150
Oh you already bought them.

There is a noticeable lag for pc on fallout 4 every person I know with really nice comps all had this issue too. What are your hertz at?
>>
>>16524150

Well I already did get them, I am happy with them as is, and mostly future proofing. Won't be getting any new monitors unless they break down, but still have the warranty. I'm just wondering how to boost the fps. Fallout 4 is running an average of 35'ish fps, warcraft dropped to 19. Mind you graphics on all games are maxed out, going for quality over optimization, but I didn't have this problem until after.
>>
>>16524155

says 60 hertz on newegg. I'm running both on the same graphics card, which could also contribute. But ones HDMI and the other is DP 60/30hertz. But I've never owned 4khd monitors before. I had a friend help me build this. but no one I know has owned.
>>
>>16524179
Is your computer good? If so you can go and down a software so you can up the hertz I say try 80. You would notice a difference in the refresh. Also some games textures do not look best on max try fiddling with the game settings. I like to make my game a bit darker to really bring out the textures.
>>
>>16524186

I'd like to think so. It's certainly not outdated as to my previous. my main problem is the fps drop. What programs are there I could look at?
>>
>>16524193
Get a Dvi-D instead of hdmi.

Reddit sucks but this will help.
https://reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3s5cdn/pc_guide_to_unlock_60_fps_cap_nvidia_users_100/
>>
>>16524199

well least getting an adapter for the DVI-D to HDMI isn't bad pricing, compared to how much I spent already on everything. But thanks a lot still.
>>
>>16524193
You're running a gtx 970. That's the problem. 4k won't run well unelss you're on a 980+ even the 980 struggles at high game settings. Also fucking fallout 4s assets aren't even rendered in 4k so there's no point in playing it at that resolution. Of course there's an fps drop from 1440 to 2160 because your card is having to work harder to power more pixels
>>
>>16524866
Nvm 2160 vs 900 that's huge.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.