[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop longing after a relationship and start living for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
How do I stop longing after a relationship and start living for my own sake?
>>
File: 1431314629019.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1431314629019.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>>16523953
You're not truly living until you're living for a woman senpai.
>>
>>16523962
I'm gay.
>>
Rap music
>>
>>16523968
Can't help you then, pal.
>>
>>16523977
These threads always loop the same way:

>how do I make do without ______?
>surely you can get ______.
>no, obtaining ______ is not possible. I need to make do without.
>you just have a bad attitude
>allow me to supply you with an essay of all the reasons why ______ is not going to happen
>wow you have a really bad attitude, you might as well learn to live without _____ then.
>>
>>16523953
Seek God's love. Let Him guide your life, for it will lead to fulfilment
>>
>>16524000
Your not wrong.
>>
Keep working on yourself, once you build up more self confidence you'll be more attractive. I had to figure this out the hard way.
>>
>>16524030
I've tried religion but I can never get it to stick. I just can't make myself believe. It's as impossible as lifting yourself to the air by the neckhairs.
>>
>>16524037
No, a relationship is not possible. I have argued about this a thousand times and never lost yet. Please don't make me waste both of out time by insisting that impossible is possible if you hold your breath for long enough. It will go nowhere, and it would be better for everyone involved if you'll just take my word for it.

Daydreaming about love and being loved in return is a waste of time because it will not happen.

And no, thinking happy thoughts won't change that.
>>
Set a goal that feels bigger than yourself. That is the only way. If you live any other way you will be delegated to looking for completion from other people. Oddly enough, having a lifetime goal also makes your relationships better. You can enjoy them more because you don't need as much from them.
>>
>>16524077
What would you suggest?

I can't have children and there is nothing positive I could do to go down in history.
>>
>>16524084

I can't suggest your life goal for you. If you could plan out a life on a whiteboard, before you were born, what would it be like?
>>
>>16524142
I don't know. I used to want to be an artist or something but it turns out I hate that shit.
>>
>>16523953
I think you know the answer to that OP. But it seems like you just want to moan and whine and feed on attention than actually answering that question or getting anywhere.
>>
>>16524181
Okay, allow me to rephrase that:

How do I stop being addicted to attention from the internet?
>>
>>16524183
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1291122958897.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1291122958897.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>16523953
As a 35 yr old who has never had a relship and was a wizard, virgin until 3 years ago (only lost it to some bitch I made the mistake of telling I was a wizard, who pretended to be dying of cancer and severe PTSD because rape, and could only trust me and felt comfortable with me, and just wanted to have a sex life with someone she trusted one last time before she died.....)
.... and I can tell you the urges never go away, there is no real solution. They just get weaker over years, long years, of suppression and diversion of energy, cares, and hopes into other things
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.