[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to turn somebody down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I need to turn one guy down- we were on 3 dates total and I am sure it will not work in any way.

The problem is he seems to be dumb and persistent type: I don't know which words to use because usual things might not work out (like "I don't feel chemistry" etc).

What can I say to make it clearest and hurt his feelings to smallest amount possible (like use an excuse "I have too little time for dating" or "I am not over my ex?" could help?).
To all guys: what's your opinion on using mentioned excuses and what's a way that seems most acceptable to you?
>pic unrelated
>>
>>16522448
In the past I've just been honest- anything else kinda leaves a window open. Just tell him that you just don't seem very compatible to you, and you'd like to end things.

It's going to suck regardless anon, but the facts are the facts.
>>
>>16522458
the problem is he is most likely not going to see we are incompatible even if I said it straight.

He seems absolutely convinced we are most compatible thing ever since first meeting even if it isn;t true.
There is also my fault in that since I always try to find mutual stuff and try to talk about them on first dates.
>>
>>16522477

"It isn't going to work, not now or ever. We don't click and I want to cease all contact. If you do contact me I will contact the authorities."

Pretty brutal but enough to never having you deal with this sob.
>>
>>16522486
I would rather avoid brutal- he is not a dangerous type that needs to fuck off now, he is simply a nice but dumb as a rock guy with absolutely nothing to say.
Thats why I would prefer some excuse that would make a relationship out of question but due to things we cannot control.
>>
>>16522477
It doesn't matter what he thinks. Tell him you disagree & compatibility is something that has to be mutually felt by both sides.

>>16522486
This anon is being overzealous.. the guy hasn't even done anything crazy yet, she's just speculating. Jesus man.
>>
>>16522519
Thanks you are right. He is 100% not crazy (at best maybe clingy) so its not like he is going to freak out.
I just want to make it somehow wasier and not make him apologize and wonder what he did wrong because those things arent in his power and saying truth "you are dumb and in 3 dates I didnt manage to get out of you one sentence that wasnt stupid bullshit" is unnecessary cruel
>>
(I'm a guy)
what shuts me up more than the actual words is the tone/attitude behind them

if you deliver whatever lines you've prepared with utter indifference and be cold about it, it'll be less likely that he'll want to push it

the more "whatever" or assertive you are about it, the better. Don't leave any hint of regret or doubt or pity or guilt in your words and that'll be that

and it's also obviously better if you don't hang around wherever you'll meet him

if it's via some interwebs media, it doesn't matter anyway since you can just block him so yea
>>
>>16522545
haha I had a REALLY similar situation anon, so I understand. He's much happier with someone else now, who enjoys his company and doesn't want to hang themselves after a conversation.
>>
>>16522547
Thanks thats useful too
>>16522559
Yeah, its not likw he has some big problem with girls from what I know
>>
>>16522448
Don't leave me hanging OP. Did you get to 12 wins?
>>
>>16522646
Nope, got 12 wins only once this went 10-3 unfortunately
>>
>>16522448
Say
"I can't see a future with you, I gave it 3 dates and simply can't feel anything for you, good luck on your future dates"
Be polite but make sure he acknowledges that you aren't interested, if he persists, tell him to fuck off and leave you alone.
>>
>>16522668
Not bad for rogue. Yeah I have only got 12 wins once as well as Paladin. That was before TGT came out.
>>
Smh, who plays rogue in arena. Gj on reaching 10 wins anyways
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.