[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long did it take you to pay off your college loans? Would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Giant Corporations.jpg (255 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
Giant Corporations.jpg
255 KB, 1600x990
How long did it take you to pay off your college loans?

Would you recommend taking out college loans?
>>
>Would you recommend taking out college loans?

If you lean something solid yes, like doctor, nurse, teacher, doctor, plummer, electrician. Basically a profession that is used in society.

For art and woman studies? Nope
>>
>>16521054
How about an undergraduate degree, then law school?
>>
File: 1437698911166.jpg (73 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1437698911166.jpg
73 KB, 540x720
>>16521054
>>16521054
This anon nailed it. Actually think before you leap into colleges nowadays. Make a plan, maybe start at a CC, and actually pursue a degree that will ACTUALLY HAVE JOBS. Going to college with having no plan these days is just plain retarded. So many stupid ass kids on their parents money just going to the best college right out of high school end up fucked up in their mid 20's.

College isn't about fun, it's about education and shaping your future.
>>
>>16521065
We can't tell you what you're good at/what interests you anon. If law really interests you and you are determined and confident then go for it.
>>
File: fugu.jpg (208 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
fugu.jpg
208 KB, 1280x960
>>16521120
Honestly, I hate formal education systems. I'm only going back because I'm desperate.

I'm just curious whether taking out loans will fuck me for the rest of my life.
>>
>>16521125
>I'm just curious whether taking out loans will fuck me for the rest of my life.
Oh it will, I guarantee it. That's why I urge anyone to have a plan about going into a degree which has a sufficient amount of job fields.
>>
File: cured duck breast.jpg (49 KB, 720x433) Image search: [Google]
cured duck breast.jpg
49 KB, 720x433
>>16521133
Haha, well, I started a degree in Philosophy years ago. It seems silly not to finish it up, and try for--at the least--a masters after that.
>>
>>16521144
>philosophy major
why don't you just give me your money?
>>
File: feta-sundried tomatoes-spinach.jpg (83 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
feta-sundried tomatoes-spinach.jpg
83 KB, 500x333
>>16521180
Because you're not an accredited university that plebs substantiate as worthy.

I naively chose the major when I was young, because I thought college was about learning and the pursuit of knowledge.
>I was wrong
>>
>>16521050
Consider the options. Some loans forgive up to 50% if you go into teaching. If you were planning to do that anyway, look for those. Others don't require payback until you're making a specified income, or give you 5 years after graduation before you begin to pay.

Shop around.
>>
>>16521234
Interesting, thank you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.