[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go from a small town 3 hours from civilization to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_24965-small-town1155795995.jpg (138 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24965-small-town1155795995.jpg
138 KB, 800x600
How do I go from a small town 3 hours from civilization to a big city like LA? I don't have any good skills from being out so I'll work low wages but that'll work if I live in a black neighborhood right? Like you can afford rooms in black neighborhoods as a min wage worker?
>>
>>16517656

The issue isn't going to be how crappy of a job you will be working, it is going to be whether you can find a job at all and if you will be making enough money to live.

Living in Los Angeles is fucking stupid if you're a poorfag. If you want to come here target one of the surrounding communities which has a cost of living half that of LA and take the metro into town if the inner city is the only place you can find a job.
>>
Don't come to LA. It's gotten waaaaaaaaaay too expensive for clueless people like you to just come here with no plan.

This isn't 1970 dude. Rent is expensive, getting a job is difficult and wages for low skilled jobs are really low relative to cost of living.
>>
>>16517656
Why are there so many threads like this in this section? Wouldn't it be better to live somewhere where everyone knows each other? What do you think to accomplish in a big city?
>>
>>16517695
This also. People from small towns have delusions of what cities are like. They're really stimulating but really, really alienating and claustrophobic. No one will care about you at all there because there are too many people, so moving with no contacts to a place like LA is ludicrous.

Source: I moved from a town of about 4000~ to LA for college. Yikes.
>>
>>16517684
>>16517689
Hence black neighborhoods and I do have a plan I don't mind working to spend half of it on rent but I really don't know what to expect there in terms of cost? If I find a cheap room should I be worried? Don't really mind gunshots I guess I'll just stay inside.
>>
Plus I can't fucking stand small town rednecks they all got a fucking problem with me for some reason but city people either act like I don't exist or are just genuinely kind. It's nice. I fucking hate rednecks. HATE.
>>
>>16517706

Google, faggot.

Nobody is talking about gunshots, we are talking about you being homeless and trying to figure out how to get back where you came from in a couple months.

And let's be honest, if you were smart and had a plan you wouldn't be here asking retarded questions.
>>
>>16517716
Well, if everyone dislikes you where you live I guess it makes sense to move. If you do move to a black neighborhood, get an alarm immediately, and don't go outside with much money.
>>
>>16517725
I can't really find exact coasts with Google I found rooms for like 600-800 in peoples apartments does that sound right?
>>
>>16517745
That's about what it was when I lived there 2 years ago. If you really feel you neeeeed to live in LA proper, look at Koreatown or the (currently gentrifying but still in that sweet spot of cheap and not to sketch) areas just west of downtown.

Also, the valley.
>>
>>16517745

That sounds about right for the east side.
>>
LA isn't expensive, but US inequality is ridiculous.
Skill up and get a job before you move.
>>
>>16517800
>US inequality is ridiculous

That is the it has to be for the sake of everyone, not just a few.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.