[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I not good at academics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: freud-in-30s-audio-and-video.jpg (1 MB, 2957x2153) Image search: [Google]
freud-in-30s-audio-and-video.jpg
1 MB, 2957x2153
When I sit down to study, I can't memorize anything. Sometimes I've cried because I just felt stupid.

However, now that I'm in college I do research that really amazes my professors. I'm usually inventing and creating. But I couldn't tell you how to factor polynomials, and I still can't despite hours of studying math, resulting in really poor test scores. I synthesize information really well and started school early because of testing I'd been administered and did really well on (at least that's what my parents said... did all of that when i was three or four so i don't remember the specifics much at all).

How do I improve my performance at school? I have been diagnosed with autism (aspergers before they changed the criteria), but I can't afford therapy, even that even is the problem [is it?]. idk. pls help, I'm tired of this.
>>
>>16517281
Check if you have add or some variation of it. I do and i recognize the whole "can't memorize, can't into math" and so on. If you can handle the meds, use them. I almost can't, since i am unlucky enough to get hit with depression as a side effect... But go do a test for it senpai.
>>
>>16517281
I'm the exact same way. A doctor would say we have ADHD. I take adderall for it. If you don't want to take meds for it then I don't know what to tell you. Studying or doing homework for a subject that I don't care about is nearly impossible without it.
>>
>>16517289
Poster above. I take concerta. Does adderall help? Do you get depressive symptoms too?
>>
>>16517287
I get depression with the comedown as well but only with certain drugs. Ritalin and xr adderall fuck me pretty bad but ir adderall and vyvanse don't have too be of a comedown.
If you smoke or drink, smoke a bowl or have a couple beers when it wears off and you'll be back to baseline. Some people get anxious from the comedown and your doctor can prescribe a benzo or strong anti histamine with calming properties
>>
>>16517293
Concerta and Ritalin never last more than an hour or two for me and they always give the worst depression/anxiety out of anything I've tried. Adderall lasts longer, is stronger, and makes you feel like a million bucks but it's much more additive than Ritalin or concerta. I'm trying to get on vyvanse right now. I think Ritalin is better for the hyperactive ADHD type but I have the other one
>>
>>16517294
My problem is more constant. The comedown fucks me up bad, but throughout the durstion I'm anxious and depressed, and often incredibly irritable... Thing is that i need something strong (due to being resistant to most drugs), and long lasting. Might ask my doc for something against the depression stuff... I can't live with being either unable to work, or be depressed, you know?
>>
>>16517298
But yeah I still get depressive symptoms. Xr adderall is pretty bad
>>
>>16517301
Yeah I have depression anyways so I already take an anti depressant called lexapro. Hmm.. Adderall always makes me feel great while it's working. I'm focused, motivated, comfortable and happy. It's only the comedown that hurts.. But like I said when I've taken Ritalin and concerta they barely worked and I felt like shit an hour later so I would recommend trying vyvanse or adderall
>>
>>16517308
Thanks mate. Gonna ask the doc if i could try adderall for a bit, ask about adep. Meds.. And maybe go get a new bottle of morgans, take a glass of rnc in the evening.
Hope things work out for all of us. Hope i can come to terms with this feeling of being defective.
>>
>>16517281
Some people are just no good at math. It's that simple. Autism or ADHD may have nothing to do with it. If you clearly have a good brain for other kinds of study, try to avoid math classes if you can and just get on with your life.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.