[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeking advice and I have to ask your opinion. First the opinion,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: bar.jpg (9 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
bar.jpg
9 KB, 300x212
Seeking advice and I have to ask your opinion.

First the opinion, I have a friend who strongly believes that the idea of going to a bar and picking up a girl to take back home or to a hotel to have casual sex is straight out of a movie and "real life doesn't work that way." Do you think there's truth in that or is my friend overly naive?

Advice: Assuming he has SOME truth to what he said, then whats a guy to do when they simply want to casually get laid without having to pay for it?
>>
I have done that exact thing many times.

Your friend is overtly naive.
>>
What? It happens. Pick a random bar and it probably happened there yesterday, maybe more than once. It's not that rare. Maybe in some demographics is it rare, but not in general.
>>
Your friend is naive, it happens all the time. But if you want to pick up girls that way, you have to be very attractive in some kind of surface-level, immediately apparent way.

Meaning, you have to be very good-looking, or naturally very charismatic/funny, there has to be SOMETHING about you that'll make a girl want you within a few seconds of meeting you. And don't whine or cry that girls are superficial, because that's just the situation you're putting yourself in.

If your good/attractive qualities are deeper down, if you're shy upon meeting new people, then you can expect that it will take more time for a girl to develop attraction for you. With rare exceptions, you won't be able to meet a girl and sleep with her that very same night.
>>
t-that's how i always pick up girls. of course, a literally inexhaustible supply of bars helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMX1sc3eOTE
>>
>>16516059
THANK YOU. That's what I said but he insisted things don't work that way and because he had a girl behind him who agreed with him he was insistent on believing what he said was true.
>>
>>16516059

This Anon is correct.

And anyone who says 'women are superfical' because of this is wrong. Because when us men meet girls at the bar, we are looking at tits and ass and that is it 99% of the time.

There's nothing wrong with going out and getting laid, for guys or girls.
>>
>>16516030
real life most certainly does work that way.
source: experience
>>
Oh yeah let me tell you something else, my friend also thinks that if I try to talk to the guys who go to bars and make friends with them they might KNOW some girls who'd be willing to have sex with casually. My friend is trying to convince me to make random friends at a bar with guys in the hopes that they may be willing to hook me up with a girl that they know.

Is that smart thinking or more naive thinking?
>>
>>16516188
It's called wingmen. And it's true that it helps meeting people because they will back you up and you won't appear as a total loner by going to bar just by yourself.

You might want to ask yourself why would they need you though.
>>
>>16516201
Yes a wingman would be useful. Unfortunately my friends aren't exactly wingman material. He's suggesting I just chit chat with random guys at the bar to try to be friends with them.
>>
>>16516188
So just hooking up with someone yourself is movie magic, and in the real world you need to ask another guy who will have a girl sitting by ready to have sex with you?
Sounds more like your friend has trouble getting girls and is projecting.
>>
>>16516188
If you find the guy that's a regular at that bar, yeah he can point out the bitches that are in here every weekend and always end up going home with random dudes.
It's called ACTUAL SOCIAL MOTHINGFUCKING NETWORKING
All you kids these days are so retarded.
>>
>>16516468
OMG this whole thread is triggering my rage at the Anxtie Generation.
>chit chat with random guys at the bar to try to be friends with them.
You sound like Data from TNG or some shit. What do you when you're playing an RPG? You hit up all the NPCs at the bar just to see what important shit they'll tell you in order for you to get your mission done.
This guy knows with waitress overpours. This guy knows the DJ and can get him to play or announce whatever he wants, and that dude in the corner is here twice a week, and he's seen some shit.
>>
>>16516474
Definitely has trouble getting girls or laid outside of a relationship, most likely projecting.

>>16516477
That's actually a great idea. Unfortunately the BAR(yes just one) that my friends go to doesn't really have that much activity like that. It's mostly a dead quiet bar where mostly guys go to in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>16516481
Ha ha okay I like how you went all video game rpg logic on me.
>>
>>16516468
Take their advices and get new friends. You sound like you don't fit with them anymore and it's time for you to slowly drift away.

Also, don't expect any other guy to give you free pussy, that's not really how it works
>>
>>16516493
Jesus Christ, your friend is so damn autistic and so are you for believing him. This is called the art of pickup, you have to be very charismatic and I have a whole bunch of vids that I torrented from 'Project Go', a tutorial on how to become a more confident, successful with women and how to be better at social interactions. They show vids of 3 guys who pick up girls and they show raw uncut footage of how they do it and tell you the break down of what they are doing and why they say what they say. They are from the youtube channel 'Simple Pickup'. They have over 200 videos from project go that is a 30$/month service to access the forums and a whole bunch of other stuff. You should check it out, I have learned so much from them and I have even banged girls I picked up that same day. Here is a full episode that they put up for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqSWlGonv5g

A lot of the other vids go way more into detail, like how to never run out of things to say, how to escalate physically, how to go for the makeout, how to talk to groups, how to use body language, how to be polarizing, etc.
>>
I don't think your friend genuinely believes that casual sex absolutely never happens under any circumstances. There are many humans on this planet. It surely happens. Both you and your friend should know that. It doesn't sounds like you and your friend were having a neutral discussion about the current state of human affairs. It sounds like your friend wanted to advise you against seeking casual sex by undermining the idea of it ("you're delusional and it doesn't happen because it's dumb") instead of discussing it properly ("I don't like it but it's just my opinion").
>>
>>16516540
My my I think you hit the nail on the head. Frankly I've been itching for some sex lately due to the fact that I've been single for a while now and I really don't want to pursue a relationship right now and I actually want simple casual sex for a change. However I have no experience pursuing casual sex outside of the group that I know, yet my friend DOES sound like he's push me away from that interest.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.