[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point? What is it that you hope to achieve one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1424047923668.jpg (83 KB, 490x358) Image search: [Google]
1424047923668.jpg
83 KB, 490x358
What's the point?

What is it that you hope to achieve one day, that makes all the other boring/depressing shit worth it?

What are you ultimately working towards? Are you ultimately working towards anything in particular?
>>
To aim for the stars.
>>
We're all working towards death
>>
>>16515474
OP . . . I'm never going to kill myself I don't care how fucking boring this world gets, or depressing. fuck I have no goal in life, the only goal I have is to live, and have a stable life. If I get bored, I fucking change that shit, I go get myself into a stressful situation. I do shit. I hurt shit. Whatever happens, happens OP. Just live it, and hope to stabilize it . . . a chance at life lik this? shit, I best be lucky.
>>
>>16515485
While I think it's important to keep this in mind, I have but one goal, and that is to find someone worthy of sharing my life with, then creating another human that I can teach all that I've learned. I mean when it comes down to it, we're all going to die, and in the big picture, our lives are all completely meaningless. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to take the time I have to do something fun.
>>
I just want a family of my own. If I can be a pretty good husband and father during my time on Earth, then I think I'll be able to die peacefully.

I'm too petty to worry about global concerns. I can only be motivated to deal with the problems that are right in front of me. There are lots of industrious people in the world right now, and sometimes I wish that I could be one of them, but I just can't be that kind of person. I feel like maybe my goals aren't ambitious enough, but then I remember that everything's all shit anyway.

As a student of philosophy, all I've learned is that the truth, as it's understood by human beings, is incredibly flexible. Make your own meaning, and realize that it's probably just as viable as any other
>>
no
literally no
every word i say, every action i do means absolutely nothing to humanity as a whole.
sure i might be in school trying to achieve something but my field is not contributing to any answers to the questions we have about life, nor is it saving the inevitable doom humanity will one day face.
i wish my actions and words actually meant something, i wish i was able to directly solve all our issues and problems
but i can't.
>>
to see what happens
>>
>>16515501
>>16515503
I want the same but my faith is nil.

Dunno why I made this thread, really. I suppose it's nice to know I'm not alone.

>>16515514
You can make people laugh, and smile. You could argue that that's ultimately pointless too, but at least while they're smiling they're not having a shit time.
>>
>>16515514
I understand this, completely. you know feeling like a useless bastard, and that your actions mean nothing even if you are learning and shit. If I were you, I'd find a good friend to speak to about this kind of shit to keep you occupied.
>>
i just want to be able to play this

https://youtu.be/jakwxu72IJk?t=292
>>
>>16515523
Yeah, I get that. A little affirmation every once in a while is healthy I think
>>
trying to reach the goal or finding new goals is what keeps me too busy to even wonder why I do this
>>
>>16515474
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY5OdtXjPBU
>>
>>16515477
It's "aim for the moon" if you miss, THEN you can settle for the stars bitch.

Fucking women never get anything right I fucking swear.
>>
>>16515635
I was following him until he started talking about God. I see immense value in a religious (i.e. obligatory) moral code, though.
>>
Honestly, I'm working to be financially stable. Well, not exactly just that. I want to be rich. Rich to me would be earning 100k+ yearly, which would let me live really comfortably in this city (it's one of the most expensive in my country). From there, I don't really know what'll make everything else worth it.

My hope is that my career and money will give me a sort of fulfillment since I've been chasing it for so long.
>>
>>16515485
>>16515640
Both fucking retarded because we are floating around in space (i.e. amongst the stars) anyway.
>>
>>16515652
But then again, I suppose those things are one and the same, if you practice a religion.
>>
File: 1447891222483.jpg (66 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1447891222483.jpg
66 KB, 429x410
>>16515652
>I liked it until he got to what he was talking about

you lack a purpose in life

you want a point

you're point in life is to worship and glorify God

you lack God in your life so you lack purpose

https://youtu.be/CC9RzcWOqpI?t=1m48s

start at 1 minute and 48 seconds
>>
>>16515663
>woman detected
>>
>>16515703
No, it's just a shit saying.
>>
I'm an existentialist really. I just want to get the things I want: sex, money, prestige.
>>
ive been wanting to an hero for years. The only reason I haven't is because people have guilt tripped me into the "you can't end your miserable life because it would be selfish of you to put your friends through that!" Fuck my life. So I have to stay miserable for the next 50+ years because of my friends.

Fucking shit
>>
>>16515474
I was suicidal until I fell into writing. Now I live for it and I'm happy with that
>>
>>16515474
no one really knows

nothing I do in my life is going to matter in a few short years after I die. Even if I did some ultimate good/bad action (on par with the second coming of jesus or holocaust v2), it's value would be diminished over the years until I'm nothing more than a bullet point in a history book. Chances are that I won't do anything that great anyway. I could have kids and do the whole "pass my dna on" spiel that some people center their lives around. It's not a bad option, but after 4 generations I would be just a name on the family tree. Think about it, do you know anyone past your grandparents? great-grandparents?

right now, my drive in life is fairly simple: don't be a burden on someone else. I don't want to be a NEET in my parent's basement all my life, some couch-surfing freeloader in my friends' life, an incompetent oaf for my wife (if I get married), or a senile geriatric in a nursing home. that's my goal
>>
>>16515474
I'm working towards freezing myself with cryonics while enjoying my life and waiting for immortality. I'm trying to be smart about things and eat healthy, exercise and follow the news from every source I can get in an attempt to survive. In the future Im going to start taking martial arts and courses on gun use. I want to learn Japanese, Russian, Chinese and Korean for personal reasons but Im going to use that as leverage if war ever breaks out. I already know English and Spanish.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.