[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What car should I buy ? This is my first car :) Mercedes-Benz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: merc.jpg (92 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
merc.jpg
92 KB, 600x450
What car should I buy ? This is my first car :)
Mercedes-Benz C 180 Kompressor (2003) or Mercedes-Benz SLK 200 (2000) (a little bit cheaper with scratch)

What u think guys ?
>>
>2003 Kompressor
>200 slk
neither. those are horrible choices.
>>
>>16514477

Why?
>>
>>16514512
Total money pit. Get something reliable for your first car. An old-ass luxury car isn't going to fool anyone and makes it look like you're just trying to be flashy and failing miserably.
>>
>>16514464
its ok, but a bit slow and i wouldnt wanna crash in that thing. but if youre a hairdresser, it's fine
>>
>>16514512
they're going to break and need expensive work. So: unreliable AND costly.
>>
Your first car should be something that is decently reliable, and fairly cheap to fix. If you fuck it up, which you will, it is inevitable, you don't want your expensive Mercedes to be the car you fuck up.

A cheap low level car is a good place to start. It doesn't have to be a shitbox, but something like an older VW Golf or Honda Civic would be alright choices.
>>
it's not a good choice, go for something japanese or korean
>>
I have driver license about 3 years. I want something with sporty character cool and not linear. I have about 2k euro.
>>
Anyway guys. If u must choose one. Which one u choose and why ?
>>
the c180 because it's less of a hairdressers car
>>
>>16514562
neither, because I'm not a stupid fuck.
>>
>>16514464
Mercedes are great. However, The maintenance is expensive and replacement are too.
>>
>>16514605
*replacement parts

If it comes with a warranty it makes it a little better.
>>
>>16514464
What do you plan on doing with this car?
>>
>>16514690
Go sometimes to job. Drive through city. Nothing special
>>
>>16514786
Plan on taking friends with you on roadtrips?
How long do you plan on keeping it ?
>>
>>16514786
If you want to take people with you in the car, take the c class.

The slk is more a very comfortable cruiser than a car that you can actually use, but its supposed to be quite reliable when taken care of.
>>
Buy a fucking civic. Put the money you saved into a library card so you don't have to ask these types of questions
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.