[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to overcome fear of getting stabbed while walking out at night?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1444872255435.jpg (26 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1444872255435.jpg
26 KB, 327x316
How to overcome fear of getting stabbed while walking out at night?
>>
>>16502455
carry a gun.
>>
>>16502458
No guns in my cunt, though
>>
>>16502464
learn street sense, always keep eyes on where you're going so if you don't like the way things look you spot it before you get there and don't end up sleepwalking onto a corner where a drug deal is happening or some shit. If you don't like the way something looks turn around and find another way. Don't listen to music while walking at night so you can stay focused. Walk with other people whenever possible, groups don't ever get attacked. Move to a better part of the city.
>>
The first step is doing the one thing no one teaches to girls : getting over yourself

There is no second step
>>
>>16502521
Not a girl, I'm not afraid of rape. I'm just always thinking one day some Somalian or polynesian is going to stab me to death
>>
>>16502536
if you didn't want to die then you shouldn't have been born
>>
>>16502455
Get over it. Learn statistics, as in how to read them. Getting mugged, stabbed, or raped is significantly less common than you think. No, don't be stupid and stroll naked in the ghetto at 3am but understand that so far you haven't died. Probably haven't lost a limb. Almost certainly haven't been shot. Why would that change?

Assuming you aren't in a warzone or something just aask people you know, old people especially and see that very very few have ever had a truly terrible thing happen while walking down a street.

I've lived 33 years without any real issues from the streets of LA to Atlanta, Miami to Montreal, Havana to Portland. Don't obsess over might happens. You might win the lotto, do you worry about that?
>>
>>16502536

That's a pretty interesting fear, why would you ever have it ? There must be a story to this.
>>
>>16502536
out of nowhere? why would they do that?
have you been lurking on /pol?

If mugged, just give em your wallet, you probably pay with cards anyways.
>>
>>16502545
Not OP here, but I thought I lived in a decent neighborhood when a kid a couple years younger than me got stabbed 4 blocks (HUGE BLOCKS THO) down from where I live. Then my homie got mugged for his film equipment in broad fucking day light by some cholo motherfuckers. I used to be somewhat comfortable walking alone around 7-9, but not anymore.
>>
>>16502455
are there many stabbings in your area?
it could be a rational fear
>>
>>16502464
theres you can do. one of the perks of being in a gun free country is you dont have to worry about getting shot. however the con to this is you still have to worry about being stabbed, mugged, robbed, burglurized, and in general most violent crime. enjoy!
>>
>>16502711
This is actually one of the least helpful replies I've ever seen on this board. Shitposting is one thing but you are on an entirely new level of unhelpful.
>>
>>16502536
>>16502455
OP, its pretty hard to die by stab wound. Like even getting stabbed in the heart has a 1/3 chance of survival.

General tips though, pay attention to your surroundings. Notice if someone is starting to get close to you and start to move to more well lit area.

I look forward at the ground for shadows ( city always has lights on), I walk with purpose (like I'm going to an exact place for an exact time), and I avoid going through areas that may restrict me. It's not so much avoiding the people, its avoiding the places where people can take advantage.
>>
No one's going to stab you for literally no reason.
>>
>>16502455
your life is too good man

when i was depressed as fuck i had hoped somebody would come and try to stab me
>>
>>16502455
same way girls get over the fear of getting raped and/or killed, learn self defense and just try to get over the fear even tho it is an actual possibility that might happen, (rape more likely than a random stabbing but anyway both possible).. just learn self defense
>>
Carry a firearm(suggested), large hammer, or even a machete. Otherwise you're screwed. Larger weapons seem to work well against a knife, think katana.
>>
Remember to say the magic words: "what are you gonna do, stab me?"
>>
>>16504420
are they magic because they get you stabbed?
>>
Wear some fucking body armor or something?

Fucking sperg.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.