[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two really good friends of mine just got into a fight (for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Russia-plane-e1448382402737.jpg (24 KB, 625x324) Image search: [Google]
Russia-plane-e1448382402737.jpg
24 KB, 625x324
Two really good friends of mine just got into a fight (for the first time in ~20 years), and I'm partially involved as well. How the hell does one handle these things?
>>
>>16500373
By organizing their duel to the death with pistols at dawn
>>
You're just gonna have to try not to say too much. Don't take a side. Don't bother reasoning with any party. It sounds hard but I've learned this from experience, don't involve yourself. You'll end up causing some damage in one way or another
>>
I'd suggest some self defence training, are they known to carry weapons? Are you? If it comes to you or them meeting their maker are you going to have what it takes to deliver a people's elbow direct to the heart thus prematurely ending their life? And that's not the worse bit, it's living with yourself after that taking their power for your own
>>
>>16500375
Yeah, that won't work. The whole fight is about me and another friend not being able to see the third friend because she's always busy with something else. Her birthday present has been sitting with us for 2 months.

Now the other guy flared and sent her a message which basically ends with 'wish you all the best, bye', and now I'm stuck with being the mediator.
>>
>>16500381
Too late for that. I told one of the sides that he does have a point, so that's probably what gave him the confidence to stir shit up. It would be kind of a dick move to bail on him now, so I guess I'm stuck with the 'well he does kind of sort of have a point' route. Fuck.
>>
>>16500404
Just tell us what's going on so we can tell you how bad you've actually fucked up.
>>
>>16500396
Sounds like you're 15 years old. Enjoy your stupid highschool drama
>>
>>16500456
Well, as I've said somewhere above, the fight is around this one friend never being able to find the time for the other two of us. We've been BFFs since we were three years old, growing up practically house to house, so it kind of is a big deal. I discussed it with the guy, and we agreed that it is shitty and not ok. My reaction to all this was to think 'life goes on I guess, it's been nice while it lasted', while the other guy's reaction was to tell her that since she doesn't want to see us any more, that we're done.

So, since I did say to the guy earlier that I agree with him and that this is not ok, I feel that I can't bail on him now. On the other hand, I don't want to get into a fight with her, either. Tbh I was ok with the 'slowly drifting apart' state of things, but now I guess I'll have to handle this.
>>
>>16500486
The two of them are students and I've already finished university.

I agree though, this is high school drama tier.
>>
>>16500488
Yeah.. well.. sometimes friends just drift apart. Some of them will come back into your life at a later point and some of them you'll never see again. I'm 27 so I know how it goes man. You should tell your other friend that there's really no point in being bitter about it, that's just how life goes. Just wait until everyone you know starts getting married if you REALLY want to see people drift apart.

I still talk to and/or see some of my really good friends from high school on a fairly regular basis and I haven't heard from some of my other past friends in years now.
>>
>>16500510
I understand, and I assumed that that's the way we're headed, but now I'm stuck with handling this. Ironically, this probably won't help with the drifting away, but will only serve as this one final 'boom' to close it off.
>>
Fuck them all, no literally, fuck both of them. At the same time. Problem solved.
>>
I personally make up my own mind but stay out of the fighting proper unless/until I'm dragged in. I'll also point out (privately) any bullshit I see from the side I'm supporting so it's not blind loyalty or anything. I trust my own sense of what's just.
>>
>>16500373
Stay out of it. Trust me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.