[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I'm having a lot of trouble of getting motivated. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1446068142728.jpg (66 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1446068142728.jpg
66 KB, 600x800
Hey, I'm having a lot of trouble of getting motivated.
I never feel like having the energy to get my lazy ass up and do my work. I mostly procrastinate until it's often too late to finish my things and puts me into a lot of stress.
My day is pretty much me getting up, going to school, coming home, laying down in my bed and doing nothing productive until there's only a bit of time left. It goes so far that I don't even feel like going out with friends, although I really would like to, but I just don't have the motivation for it or anything else.
Is there any legit ways of getting oneself out of this vicious circle?
I'm pretty lost and just want to get moving again.

Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>16499605
You need goals. Goals provide motivation
>>
>>16499647
I set goals. But it's hard to get myself to work on them, and if I do, I lose interest very quickly...
>>
>>16499605
my girlfriend left me because i'm not motivated. It sucks. I can't help it and she didnt try and help it, but she left me anyway.
>>
>>16499668
set easier and faster to get goals. How about your next goal being going out with your friends? They could slowly drift away if you don't share with them, you know?
Only you can get out of your vicious circle.
>>
>>16499678
That is my problem. This whole "set small goals" thing. Its not helping me, all of those motivation-training tactics do not help me. The only times I do something with motivation is when I get random energy spikes from time to time
>>
>>16499866
I feel the same way OP. Sometimes I get a 'random energy spike' and get a lot of shit done in a day and feel really good about myself. Then I don't do a fucking thing beyond the bare minimum that's required of me for the next week and I feel like shit about myself for being so lazy and useless. I end up wasting all my time on useless stuff like browsing 4chan, reading shit on my phone, reading a book, playing a video game for a while that I'm not even remotely interested in, etc.

Once I actually get started doing something productive then I can actually keep going at it but then I'll go to sleep and wake up the next day and just fuck off the entire day doing -nothing-.
>>
>>16500095
Exactly. Glad to see I'm not the only one. But I still wish there would be something to keep this motivation going and not force it onto me.
>>
File: meme.jpg (100 KB, 400x334) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
100 KB, 400x334
bumping this
I suffer from the same problem so much so I hand in assignments late and have to get in sleep deprived state to complete work at the last moment;-;.
>>
Jesus H Fuck you guys.

You guys are clearly not meant to be successful, and will spend your young lives bouncing around from job to job after not being able to hack it in school.

This happens to a lot of people. Lots and lots. It's so common I'm surprised you guys are surprised at yourselves. You just need to suffer the consequences for a few years until you're beaten up enough by the real world to see the point of sacrificing a little instant gratification for a greater satisfaction later. Then you can go back to school or whatever in your 30's and actually succeed.

There is no easier solution, or else everyone would already be doing it. Some people never make it back, they just don't develop the maturity.
>>
OP, I suffer from the exact same thing. it was ruining my life until I went to the doctor. Turns out, I have adult ADD. You might have it too. Check this article out and see if anything seems to ring a bell:

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/add-adhd/adult-adhd-attention-deficit-disorder.htm

I advice you to go to your doctor and explain the situation so you get referred to a nice psychiatrist. Meds have their side-effects, but sometimes people simply can't function without them. Good luck op!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.