[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Second Place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1441385389630.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1441385389630.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
How would you guys feel about being the second choice of a love interest?

Myself and another guy asked this chick out around the same time and she chose to pursue a relationship with the other guy stating that she doesn't think she is compatible with him and if it doesn't work with him by the end of the month then she and I can go out.

While I am not completely assblasted, I can see myself getting there quickly after we start going out. I don't see how if she didn't have it in her to hurt his feelings by turning him down then how she would be able to later.

I am just really confused. I have never been in the situation in which I have had to compete with someone else.
>>
If you are her "backup guy" and things don't workout between her and her current interest, she will always be looking for something better than you.

She won't care about your feelings.
She only cares if she is happy.

If it comes down to it say, "Thanks but no thanks."
I would love to see the look on her face when you turn her down.
>>
>>16497468

I cant really comment on how to help you here OP but what i can say is that if you're not number one dont be number two I rather go see someone else instead of being pity fucked by this chick for not getting the first place. sorry man but you either gotta say fuck it i am no second choice or be a little whimp to lick all her needs like a dog.
Good luck OP.
>>
>>16497468
the fact that you didnt laugh in her face and cut contact indicates that you are a colossal faggot
>>
>>16497468
I feel like I want to have a long play time with those mammaries in OPs pic
>>
Just a month, and you're single until she's back.
You don't lose anything by agreeing and if you find a romance of the century during that month, you don't have to be her option 2.
>>
>>16497468
If she decides dude isn't good enough and comes running to you just fuck her and leave her. Waste of time bro. Also, start hitting the gym and looking after yourself if you haven't been already to make it even sweeter for you. Fuck a relationship with a chick that just has you as backup.

Also, OP's pic is unreal. Would motorboat
>>
>>16497468
>second choice of a love interest?

To even consider this you have issues.
>>
Id say she basically tried to say that she knows you are the better options but she wants to try out the flashier options before she gets back to you.
You don't have to wait and you don't have to accept being #2. Just do you.
>>
I forgot to mention that I am seven years older than her and the other guy is only one year older. I think that may be a big reason why I'm on the back burner. I have heard that younger women are threatened by older guys who already have their lives together.

She has told me that she finds me more physically attractive and we have more in common, the other guy is fat and even looks older than me, I'm assuming because he drinks and smokes all the time.
>>
>>16497507

This is basically the advice I got from a friend, and to not mess with younger women because they don't know what they want and do shit like this.
>>
>>16497546
>I have heard that younger women are threatened by older guys who already have their lives together.
Not threatened, they probably just assume you're looking for a wife and aren't ready for that yet.
>>
>>16497607
This. I ended a 2 year relationship with a guy 7 years older because he decided all of a sudden that he wanted kids and marriage now and I do not want that.
>>
Never, ever be plan B. It's fucking sad.

Look for other girls and see if maybe this one will suck your dick or something, but don't get together with her. If she was series about not thinking she's compatible with him, she wouldn't do it, or she's incapable of making a proper decision.
>>
>>16497607
>>16497625

I can see that, but it is not as though my clock is ticking.

I doubt it has to do with kids, we talked about that in the past and she told me she plans on having at least one by 26. I didn't even press her because I didn't care that much, her reasoning was more or less she is going out with him because he asked her first; I just think that is weird since I don't see why you'd date someone you weren't attracted to.

I think I purposely didn't inquire further because I am afraid she might have some attention whoring issues that I didn't want to get into. I have pretty much already made up my mind that I'm not going to be waiting in the wings for her, I'm just curious now and not wanting to actually contact her and ask the questions.
>>
>jumping into relationship when guy asks you out

Avoid. Date first, relationship later. The fact she didn't know this means she isn't worth it. The fact you both don't know this point to you being in high school
>>
>>16497685

I am not understanding what you are attempting to say, please rephrase.
>>
I'll do one bump for the evening crowd, though I am sure nothing else can be said on this subject.
>>
As having been in that spot and utilizing hindsight, tell her take a leap. She just wants to fuck this guy for whatever reason and then when shes tired of him, use you as a backup and a moneyman. When she gets tired of you, shell do the same things again. But im sure shes so sorry about it all and boo hoos. Dude. Youre in the friend zone. Cut and run. Find someone who will make you their first option and not make everything else their first over you. It will take its toll, it will get old, and youll hurt from it and it will change you. Ive been there, been hurt, been changed. That change is not for the better, and it sucks ass. Start making excuses not to see her and find someone who truly cares.
>>
>>16497685
This.
>>
>>16497468
Idk, OP. When I quit my previoys job, two guys asked me out during the same week. I really liked guy A but he never responded to my txt so I went on a date with guy B almost unwillingly. I have been together with guy B now for almost 6 months and would never think about dating any other guy. Even if guy A would ever txt me again, I will 100xtimes stay with guy B :) good luck, OP. You never know what might happen.
>>
>>16497468
>Even considering being plan B
Please fap then reconsider
>>
>>16497468
Nice tits on this whore!
>>
Lol. If it was me I'd forget about her and stay out of her way. She'll probably come back wondering where you went.
>>
The last girl I had sex with was telling me about all of the other guys going for her. I said
>What is this, a contest?
>"Yup. And you won"
She dropped me pretty quickly. I thought that was a disgusting mindset to have.
>>
>>16498089
Jesus christ
>>
File: 1445890282251.jpg (34 KB, 655x385) Image search: [Google]
1445890282251.jpg
34 KB, 655x385
>>16498089
God damn
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.