[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being cynical and hating everything? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
How do I stop being cynical and hating everything? I feel like I don't enjoy anything and am quick to find flaws. I want to enjoy something without thinking it's pointless
>>
>>16491412
Find something you enjoy. If you like it, it isn't pointless.
>>
>>16491417
I don't enjoy things anymore. It all seems pointless, I wish I could
>>
>>16491426
I get that feeling too m8, but it not very healthy maybe you should go to therapy or something?
>>
>>16491412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvknOXGPzCQ
Listen to this in a dark room on repeat
>>
>>16491412
Hey.
I'm you.

Have you tried being an alcoholic?

I hate to recommend such a horrible path, but shit, it's the only thing in my life worth living for.

I'm drunk as shit now. I can't see what else there is to live for
>>
File: disc.jpg (193 KB, 909x540) Image search: [Google]
disc.jpg
193 KB, 909x540
>>16491540
I enjoy creative work a bunch, if you're struggling with finding something, try out shit like music and arts
>>
I smoke pot when I feel like this. It brings a strange compassion to me. Moves me to tears sometimes. Music is the best and most effective to start feeling again while high. But I have bpd and only smoke maybe a bowl or two a month.
>>
>>16491568
worst advise ever?

>>16491417
you think too much and don't see enough.
fact: everything IS pointless. Earth and human life is going to cease to exist sooner or later. (At the latest when our galaxy collides with another galaxy---perhaps sooner by war or disease). But chances are this will happen after our lifetime. Enjoy literature, exercise, life. Shit's pretty fucking amazing. Especially hit up that exercise. You sound like you haven't been outside for a long run ever
>>
>>16491412
Well start by not going to /v/ anymore
>>
I don't know if this will help for you but I used to be the same way and I kind of just got over it when I realized I was wasting my own time. Sorry if that's not profound enough, but it's true. You're doing yourself a disservice with your attitude.
>>
What you're feeling is depression, although how far you are into the throes of it I'm not sure. From my experience there's really only 3 possible solutions.

1) Keep looking for something meaningful in your life. You may have to synthesize meaning, i.e. force yourself to like, something that you think could be interesting. Remain active in it enough and this feeling will fade.
2) Creation and self-expression are ways out as well, so I agree with the art point in >>16491573. The only downside with this path is that unless you are constantly creating or creating something of value to others, it will eventually lead to feelings of loneliness and eventually the depression may return.
3) Pot. Seriously. Smoking weed on a regular basis will chemically kill the depression right away. It's especially effective when combining it with the previous two points.

I don't smoke weed, but the first two have always worked for me. Someone also gave me the advice to hang out with good friends, but friends come and go, and this isn't always an option. Friends, even girl/boyfriends and relationships should be accessories to your life, not the main points. If they are the main points, it's been my experience that it's only a matter of time until they do something that comes off as abandoning you. I'm not saying don't have friends or bfs/gfs, I'm just saying choose wisely who you maintain relations with.

That's it. Good luck, and cheers!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.