[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why beer is so popular with college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: jack-daniels.jpg (129 KB, 975x650) Image search: [Google]
jack-daniels.jpg
129 KB, 975x650
Can someone explain to me why beer is so popular with college kids and not whiskey or vodka? What are the advantages and disadvantages of drinking ±40% alcoholic beverages?
>>
Beer is cheaper. Can't stand it myself. I love liquor. I love shots.
>>
Mostly, it's a matter of price. Beer is cheap. In college, when you don't have a whole lot of resources to spare, that matters.

For those college students who are not yet of legal drinking age, there is another advantage. Because beer is cheap, it is usually not guarded as closely as harder liquor. Even if the student has no intention of stealing anything, they know that their purchases won't be scrutinized as thoroughly. The difference might not be much, but it can be enough.
>>
>>16490030

It's very easy to hurt yourself with hard liquor if you don't know what you're doing, and a lot of young drinkers don't know what they're doing yet. Beer is safer, if you drink too much, you'll probably just make yourself puke before you really get into alcohol poisoning levels of intoxication.

It's also cheaper
>>
>>16490057
>beer cheaper than liquor.
by volume but not by alcohol content.
>>
>>16490039
This.

Fucking hate beer and love taking shots. I don't want to chug a bunch of watered down alcohol when 5 shots in an hour can do the trick.
>>
>>16490071
When I drink I like getting straight to the point. Shots usually taste better, work quicker, and probably cheaper than beer if you're trying to get drunk. I have been sober for months and this is killing me.
>>
>>16490094
Why are you sober right now? I just recently gave up on smoking pot but I'm still gonna have the occasional drink.
>>
>>16490071

After you've done your 5 shots you'll feel like a moron for not having anything to drink. Seriously, just having something in your hand is kind of important. That's why beer and wine is preferable to shots only.

Also, you'll learn to like to beer.
>>
>>16490096
Hospitalized twice for alcohol poisoning. Hospitalized this year close to dying from an infected ulcer from drinking. Feel bad for that one because my friend found me unconscious by the toilet and freaked out. Why you quit weed? Thought it was all the rage.
>>
>>16490108

>Hospitalized twice for alcohol poisoning

How the fuck do you do that? Okay, teenagers might be unlucky once, but how do you manage it TWICE?
>>
Shitty beer is popular with college kids because it's cheap.
Good beer is good beer.

There's something about cracking open some beers that just can't be replicated with shots.
>>
>>16490101
After those 5 shots I usually plan on taking 5 more. The point of shots is getting fucked up, you don't worry about how you look when you just wanna get hammered. At least I don't.
>>16490108
It's a mix of things. It fucks with my emotions when I smoke several times a day, I've spent thousands of dollars on it already, and I feel empty inside remembering the days when me and my friends had fun without getting high.
>>
You can either drink a bit for a lot of money or drink a lot for little money.

What do you expect me to do between my vodka shots? Drink water?
>>
>>16490124
What do you mean "how"? I was an idiot.
>>
College kids have shit taste regardless of what they drink so it's pretty irrelevant.

Finding a handful of tasty craft beers you like is where it's at for regular consumption. Cheap hard alcohol fags are too busy being caught up in the not particularly amazing feeling of getting shitfaced all the time, and you're a richfag if you have the money to spend on quality hard alcohol on anything resembling a frequent basis.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.