[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can i leave home for navy bootcamp without my parents knowing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1324841006_cover.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1324841006_cover.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
Can i leave home for navy bootcamp without my parents knowing? I want to signup for the navy and never come back home.
>>
>>16487691
Are you 18? If so, you dont need your parents permission to do anything. Just know that they are also not under any obligation to support you either.
>>
>>16487697
I'm 20 and queued they will try to foil my plans. I'm under the impression that upon becoming enlisted i won't need their support. I want nothing to do with them.
>>
>>16487710
Sorry *queued is supposed to be *worried
>>
>>16487710

How could your parents trump the (presumably) American government? If you signed up are going. They don't have any power to change that decision.

How long until you leave? is it possible you could sneak out and rent a motel until its time go? or stay with friends and change your number or whatever?
>>
>>16487758
I haven't signed up but I'm thinking about it. I want to leave home and this seems to be the best option. So i just want to make sure i don't fuck this up when it's time. I know after bootcamp is over you get some kind of leave. Can i just stay on base or something?
>>
>>16487769
You should really consider if going to the military is the right option for you. Really think about it. Its a huge commitment.

Another option to leave home quickly is to get a job the provides room and board. Many resort areas have this option. You work at the hotel, and then they provide you with room and food and they give you a smallish paycheck in return. I've had a few friends who did this and really enjoyed the experience. It was sort of like a young adult summer camp.
>>
>>16487780
Thanks for the alternative I'll look into it. Maybe I'll try that out and mull over the navy option. The navy just seems to have good long term prospects.
>>
Yes u can run away. Be aware there is something called dep which means there is a waiting time until you ship to bootcamp.
>>
>>16487806
Will i get anything in the mail that might tip them off in that time?
>>
>>16487780
Where did your friends work? Did they have Wi-Fi?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.