[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>got low self-esteem because people treat me like shit >people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: troll.jpg (68 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
troll.jpg
68 KB, 500x328
>got low self-esteem because people treat me like shit

>people treat me like shit because I have a low self-esteem

wat do.
>>
Stop allowing people to treat you like shit. Spend more time around people who don't treat you like shit.
>>
Act differently than you feel.
>>
>>16486400
>people who don't treat you like shit
women
>people I want to spend time around
men

>>16486404
I feel like I should not be treated like shit.
>>
1: stop associating with people who disrespect you.

2: build a reputation.

3: make some real bros.

4: do real bro things with them, like hunting and fishing.

5: deck anyone who tries to shit on you in the future.
>>
>>16486417
I'm 130 lbs soaking wet. How do I build a reputation?
>>
>>16486424
What? Well thats easy OP

LIFT
>>
>>16486466
I've tried that. It only made me feel like shit.
>>
>>16486472
Lifting once doesn't change anything. Doing a thorough lifting routine 2~3 times a week for a year changes everything, but it changes back with a vengeance if you stop lifting.

>I tried it and it didn't work
No, YOU didn't work.
>>
>>16486484
I lifted every week for an hour and a half for 7 months and I felt more like shit than I usually do. I lost 3 pounds and that's it.
>>
>>16486386

Stop tolerating their shit.
>>
>>16486539

>Lift
>Lose weight

Wut

Your arms arent supposed to DECREASE in mass when you lift anon
>>
>>16487221
I didn't see much of a difference in mass. Like I said, 3 pounds.
>>
>>16486386
Stop caring that other people treat you like shit.

Honestly, half the people in the town I live in now hate or dislike me. I don't give a shit, and it has done wonders for me.
>>
>>16486386
There are decent people in this world who will not treat you like shit even if you have low self esteem. And a portion of those are female, but if you are talking romantically, most will not be attracted to you because you have low self esteem. They will treat you ok but even if they treat you nice, you will definitely be friendzoned if you end up falling for them. The girls who do go with guys who are not confident, are bitches who prey on that low self esteem.

So what do? Find decent bros, and interacting with them will raise your self esteem enough to go do things like exercise (if lifting doesn't work, try cardio and sprinting), dieting, finding fulfilling hobbies, etc. These activities will make you even more confident (for example, exercise and proper dieting will give you happiness from being able to exert control over your physical appearance). Then you are set and you will acquire both females and currency
>>
>>16488493
I'm gay. My problem is getting treaded like trash by men who don't want to fuck me.
>>
>>16488511
I'm a bi female and my real friends are mostly straight girls, and not guys or gay girls. Try straight guys as those friends? For some reason I have not quite deciphered, there's always problems when it comes to platonically being with people who can get attracted to you. Which for straight males, means being friends with most girls. But for gay guys, I gues it means gay guys
>>
>>16488511
If straight guys also tread on you like trash, I don't know but get female friends who are hopefully not creepy fag hags. It works for me. There's a chance of them falling for you but girls tend to handle the friendzone more maturely
>>
>>16488527
The guys I've attempted HAVE been straight.

>>16488531
60% of my friends are lesbians. The rest are bisexual or call themselves pansexual or whatever shit is trendy on Tumblr atm.
>>
>>16488548
I guess it's different, girls tend to be not as homophobic. Also yeah gay girls I guess, they're not attracted to you and they're not a bunch of "I'm so straight" guys in the closet.

Although one thing I have amusingly observed in tumblr-sexual girls is that most are actually just straight
>>
>>16488556
I can't give advice on getting good lesbian bros though, haven't had a good run-in with them, a good portion dislike bi girls because we supposedly cheat once we run into the nearest dick
>>
>>16488556
And that's why I want friends who are actual adult men and not closeted straight girl.
>>
>>16486386
take karate
>>
Stop being a boots lickers, get yourself away from the popular girls and guys, build your own ground, have a hobby or something.
>>
>>16488565
One of my best friends right now is actually a bisexual girl married to another woman. They have this polyamoristic arrangement going on right now so she's also dating this trans girl who is seriously confusing my dick because

1. I am pretty fucking solid gay otherwise

2. she's not even the body type I find attractive on men
>>
>>16488566
>closeted straight girl
ah yes, to think we have reached this point in society
also, I can't speak for all tumblr girls, but the vast majority of those I know from personal experience, just have gay guy friends because gay guys are their fetish and they find homosexuality oh so very interesting

you'll find the right girl bros in time, though
>>
>>16488580
>not even sure if this is pasta or you're just posting on the wrong board and unaware of it
>>
>>16488589
But I want REAL guy friends.

Who won't trample me just because I'm 125 lbs and they can.
>>
>>16488616
oh you mean douchy gym bros who hate gays? Not every straight guy is that way but I can't deny, it take you longer to find them seeing as to how homophobia is still a thing
>>
>>16486424
Bud, I'm a buck twenty and 5'11''. Maybe 125 if I just went to a buffet. Nobody walks over me. I won't allow it! If someone is treating me poorly, and I'm not forced into interaction with them (work or something), why the FUCK would I associate with them?

How are you getting treated like shit specifically, man? Do random folks talk shit on the street? Do the folks you call your friends hassle you beyond banter? Do you just get a "vibe" of disrespect and do people just seem to "write you off"?

It ain't just because you're not built, man. I'm sure working out gives plenty of guys confidence that will alleviate this situation, but it ain't JUST the muscles.

But, I'll go ahead and throw this out there...it may be a bit cruel and unfortunate. If you're gay, and you openly present a "gay" look or use "gay" mannerisms (I'm trying here man, and not trying to be a dick either), some people may be put off by that, or worse. I'll be completely honest, on a completely irrational level, I sometimes experience internal discomfort when being around people that act extraordinarily "gay". "It just ain't right", that sort of thing.

Truthfully, it may be considered a bit of a character flaw. But you've got that working against you, unfortunately.
>>
>>16488650
>Truthfully, it may be considered a bit of a character flaw

Being made uncomfortable by "gay" behavior is a bit of a possible character flaw, I meant. Not BEING gay.

figured I should make that clear lmao
>>
>>16486386
People treat you like shit all the time, they get mad when I do the same to them.
>>
>>16488650
Just a vibe. People ignoring me, interrupting and talking over me, just generally dropping all sorts of subtle hints that they do not aknowledge that I am there.

I'm not, like, FLAMBOYANTLY gay. I wear normal clothes, no bright colours, I talk normally, nothing that stands out. I just don't do anything explicitly masculine, either.
>>
Sure lifting and all that shit helps. You can also try standing up for yourself giving zero fucks of the outcome. You already lost respect for yourself, any dignity you had left, and your manhood is being stripped in front of you.
Get that shit back. Throw the first punch, knock a motherfucker or two out and the rest will see that you don't fuck around. Even if you get your ass kicked, get up and keep on. If you fail, get him the next day and the next and next.
Stop being a pussy
>>
>>16488822
are you telling this guy to get arrested? There's no need to change that sort of thing, OP. A lot of people like a guy without a trigger hair assholish temper (I still have to fix my stupid door, my ex was that sort of "I will destroy something because I am angry" person)

All I do know is that it's harder for you to make real friends because gay. But guess what, that sort of "doesn't acknowledge you" shit happens all the time even to straight people. Most "friends" are just not worth having that way
>>
>>16488829
It'd be fine if it was for everyone equally, but if someone has to be singled out, it's always, always me. Never flat-out telling me anything to my face, just these quiet, subtle hints of "you know we don't give a shit about you, right?"

And I don't fucking know how to demand respect. Having to demand it sounds alarmingly like whining.
>>
Stop hanging around assholes
>>
>>16488848
How do I find people who aren't assholes?
>>
Idk use your imagination, but avoid young people and clubs. Kek
>>
>>16488861
I'm 21 and where I'm from it's rude and weird to talk to strangers in no-alcohol settings.
>>
>>16488820
Well, I'm at more of a loss than I'd like.

As I said earlier, I'm a scrawny-ass motherfucker. I look a little younger than my age, as well. I don't dress as though I'm older or anything, either.

But nearly nobody treats me poorly; they'll treat me with respect. Not ignoring me, interrupting me, or anything.

And a year or more ago, when I had radically lower self-confidence and was significantly poorer in state of mind, I still didn't receive any disrespect that comes to mind.

I'm not sure the difference between you and I. Surely if I experienced disrespect while in a poor state of mind and bad self-confidence, I could attribute the cessation of that to gaining self-confidence.

But I never had it happen to me! Simple luck as an explanation ain't gonna help anyone.

I wish I could help you, homie. The whole damn thing boggles my mind. I mean shit, a few months ago I had to tell some jackass 18-19 year old at work to stop fucking around near the building. I figured it was gonna go the opposite, but this kid, outweighing me by 40 pounds and an inch or two on me was absolutely SHAKING. Like, dude was straight, unironically giving me the "yes sir no sir" treatment.

I was like "yo dog, I'm like 3 years older than you for fuck sake, don't call my ass sir when I'm barely making above minimum wage lmao"

He was exhibiting real signs of being cowed, man!
>>
>>16486386
Normal consequence of bullying. I feel you.

Lolno, first and foremost they treat you like shit because you have no status, no social power and/or you are not very attractive or at least masculine/intimidating looking. Although truth be told you can't exactly be powerful and have low self-esteem. Same for being very attractive etc. Life is a vicious circle for the genetic loser with shitty upbringing.

What do? Drop any sense of self identity you had and fight fire with fire or isolate yourself and become cold. Anything else means compromise, "take the banter" without being a "pussy" or some bullshit. Meh. Whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>16488873
So I'm just... Fucked?
>>
>>16488872
Weelllllll maybe single out the other outcasts and try talking to them
>>
File: räsänen.jpg (7 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
räsänen.jpg
7 KB, 297x170
>>16488906
I've tried that. They're exhausting to be around.

Also,
>decided to be a good boy and make myself food today.
>Got chicken, onion, peas, some lemon pepper and salt to season with.
>tastes pretty good
>can't finish half of it
>decide to count the calories
>1261 for the entire load
>mffw
>>
>>16486413
Just whine and cry until the problem solves itself, King Beta.
>>
>>16488845
They can't be convinced even if you point out what they're doing, just cut contact with them to be honest. I was always that one kid who was bullied anyway, and trust me, you can't get the reason for why it happens out of them. Best to go on and make other friends
>>
>>16488933
To be honest, I've found outcasts to either end up being the only genuine people you know, or just downright horrible. Those are the reasons they are outcasts after all. But seriously, don't only hang around drunk people, that's the worst way to make friends.

I'm in college so it's easier but otherwise, you might want try things like meeting people from volunteer events or marathons or whatever, I met two real friends from those
>>
>>16489175
I've meant to do volunteer work but there aren't many opportunities around here. We'll have to see when I move again next month.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.