[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the hell do I live with a crazy abusive "mom"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
How the hell do I live with a crazy abusive "mom"

Today as soon as I woke up she was already screaming at me. If I stand downstairs she just mutters bitchy comments under her breath and if I go upstairs she just slams shit. She has 0 friends or anything not even her family talks to her. Today my dad stole money out of my wallet and I said holy fuck i wouldn't mind if he stole 5 for food but he took like 12 for cigarettes, then I hear ya know that's our money anyways you owe for us for all the food and shit and I said ok I guess and she's been screaming at me for 3 hours and slamming shit. I have a sibling that tried to sexually abuse me and gave me PTSD and she always compares me to him saying he's better than me and I have a cat and she says she always hates it and is always mean to it but when his cat comes around and I'm around then corner she acts all nice to it just to traumatize me.

If my dad is home she barely makes a sound but as soon as he leaves she goes fucjing crazy. If she sees me shell start doing shit around the house and slamming shit and yelling. Even if I don't respond she just sits there and yell at me no matter what I do. She's a crazy cunt who just sits in her room getting drunk 24/7. The other day she got drunk and I was just sitting on the porch and she just says fuck you and tries locking the door. She tried saying she was going to slit my cats throat and attacking me. She started bring up my sibling and my trauma just to get me going and i punched a wall. I tried calling 911 to see if I can get her help and they sent the cops and they told me she should kick me out and I got arrested and taken to jail. I was hoping I could go in a program to help me find a job and get me out of my house. My dad doesn't believe me or care but she literally goes from when she wakes up to nighttime just yelling at me and slamming shit. Oh and were freakishly poor.
>>
>How the hell do I live with a crazy abusive "mom"

get job
acquire apartment
>>
>>16486218
No car in the middle of nowhere PTSD no sleep, I want to move really fucking far but that just makes it harder
>>
Get the fuck out and never speak to any of then again.

What kind of answer did you expect?

You could also just kill them all, and then yourself. World would be better off without them in it, and you wouldn't have to live with what you did. Win-win.
>>
>>16486227

What everyone else said. I assume you are over 18? If so, that's pretty much the answer.

Ideally you work all the time and just sleep at home.

Also, nobody gives a fuck about your "PTSD".
>>
>>16486227
do you have friends? get them to get you out of there. Apply for jobs online, and get them to drive you to any interviews you get. You NEED a job. you CANNOT escape without a job. You may need some help, hopefully your friends will accomidate you for the month or two it will take you to get on your feet.

Above all, remember that you are in a pretty horrible situation, but also that you have your whole life ahead of you and plenty of chances to become anything you want to be in spite of them.

Much hope to you.
>>
>>16486230
If I killed my mother I wouldn't feel bad

But how the fuck do I move out when apartments are like 800
>>
Finally, if your life is so bad and you have no options, there's the airforce.
>>
>>16486257
Can I just hop a train to a big city and sleep outside or something while I work. Id rather be homeless than live here its just so draining.
>>
>>16486250
Shelters. This is basic stuff.

You could also just make her afraid of you. Do you do anything, or just wait for the abuse to end so you can go to sleep? Once you even brush 'em the wrong way they'll flop to the floor and whine. Makes it a lot easier to ACTUALLY hurt them.

Either get the fuck out or put her in her place. When she gets uppity again, you put her back in it when no one is watching.

One last thing, it's POST traumatic stress disorder. If you're still in the war zone you don't have PTSD. Not like you have time for a breakdown anyways.
>>
I was in a similar situation until I saved up money and moved out.

The world isn't here to fucking coddle you.

If you want something, work to acquire it.
>>
>>16486272
Basically that as soon as shes done my dad comes home and then he's loud as fuck. Is there like something I can put in her food that won't kill her but just fuck her health so bad she dies in a few years with no traces. I feel like I'll only be happy if she dies and at the funeral I'll just pretend I'm sad and I miss her.
>>
>>16486288
Doubt your situation was half as bad as mine
>>
>>16486271

If you are even remotely attractive, you can probably find someone on here who will let you sleep on the couch or something without raping you.

"Living on the street" isn't exactly an option most of the time - you end up too dirty for work and get raped and shit.

You can try working from home - google "Lionbridge", you end up making like $4-5 and hour in practice, but it's a legit way for a no-skills nobody to make money. After you have $1000, move and apply every place you can, with the expectation that you will be doing some factory work for $10 an hour through a recruitment agency. I hope you are clean in terms of drugs for the sake of this.

>>16486272

>You could also just make her afraid of you. Do you do anything, or just wait for the abuse to end so you can go to sleep? Once you even brush 'em the wrong way they'll flop to the floor and whine. Makes it a lot easier to ACTUALLY hurt them.

I don't recommend this course of action for reasons I am too lazy to type out that can be summarized as "you are delusional."
>>
>>16486290
Lead. I don't know. How much do you value your own well being? Because if it's anything more than 0 you're better off just going to a shelter.
>>
>>16486272
>>16486272
>One last thing, it's POST traumatic stress disorder. If you're still in the war zone you don't have PTSD. Not like you have time for a breakdown anyways.
this is entirely incorrect

you can be diagnosed with PTSD as soon as 9 months after the first traumatic experience. during the time proceeding that, it's called Acute Stress Disorder

continuing trauma only compounds the disorder and makes it worse. for example, if you have been tortured daily and locked in a basement for ten years, you don't not have PTSD on the fifth year, and you don't magically develop PTSD the day youre released
>>
>>16486290

No.

>>16486288

Tell me your sad-kun story. I collect them. Like full story.
>>
>>16486294
You are continuing to wallow in self-pity by proclaiming to everyone in the thread how terrible your life has been.

If you stopped begging for attention and basking in self-pity, you might have time for a job & be able to make a life for yourself.
>>
>>16486294
Didn't realize it was a contest.. or that you could have any idea what V dealt with.

>>16486298
Yeah, it's a terrible idea and leads to obvious nuclear ending. Irreversible damage and all that. It's really only an option if OP is ready to give up the chance of a happy life.
>>
>>16486302
cont. actually now that i think about it i might be wrong. it makes sense that you cant diagnose it during continual trauma, because the stress from ongoing events can mimic long-term, lasting PTSD.
>>
>>16486315
what that anon dealt with*

Look at me getting mad and sloppy
>>
>>16486298
Do you think 1k is enough? I kind of wanted to move to a huge urban area because i need public transit. I wouldn't mind a factory job but I smoke a lot of weed
>>
>>16486326
Well you'll have to stop smoking weed.
>>
>>16486326
>>16486328

1. You do have to stop smoking weed. Being a drug addict is a huge luxury that people in your situation really can't afford. This isn't some anti-drug rant - I could care less if you smoke weed and there are far worse things in life, but in a practical sense, it's very counter-productive to your situation.
2. A grand isn't enough for shit, it's the absolutely bare minimum on which you can make an attempt out of sheer desperation. Keep in mind that you won't be able to get a normal apartment either, since they require proof of income. It's easy to find a room somewhere though.
>>
>>16486344
Yeah dude fuck an apartment I'd be happy with a closet
>>
>>16486306
lmao okay

Raised as only child by single mom who is a psychopath. Dad occasionally came over & babysat. He beat me a few times as a kid, not a spanking. Anyway, she's sadistic, not in the trailer trash sociopath way. She's well off through her own doing & poised, socially conscious. Treats me very well in front of others & is manipulative, abusive, and sadistic to me when alone. As a kid, she'd take me into her room, make me sit down & would say mean/hurtful things for an hour or so (even though i'd done nothing wrong & she didn't accuse me of a specific wrongdoing). She'd say "youre a terrible daughter, worthless, why can't you be a normal fucking human being" etc. and make me look her dead in the eye. And then she'd dismiss me & that was it. Sometimes she'd throw things- mug, skillet at me out of nowhere & for no discernable reason. She got a bf when I was ten, and he would occasionally beat me (grab me by my neck or punch me in the face) and once chased me around the house threatening to kill me. I think he just had an anger problem. Each time he'd leave the house & go drive, and while he was gone my mother would tell me it was my fault and I provoked him. He would often leer at me and touch me too much as well. Found CP on his computer and told school dean, who didn't report it. Mom found out I told & had his HD wiped. I had anorexia and both my stepdad and mom would call me fat, though I was very very thin. Through my entire childhood, I was not allowed to have friends. I was not allowed out after school or on weekends. I started refusing to stay in the house in highschool, which resulted in me being institutionalized for a year(so they wouldnt have to deal with me, though I was mentally ill as well). I had a teacher when I was 14 who abused me... would be a very very long story so I'll summarize it and just say that he was emotionally abusive & we had a sexual relationship.
>>
>>16486375

Good times. Read "Diamond Age" by Neal Stephenson.
>>
>>16486326
How old are you?

Seriously you need to get out and going from hellish to homeless isn't going to improve your life.

If you're old enough join the military, any branch, learn a trade in there, make some friends and get yelled at by a dude who's paid to do so for a reason. It might turn your life around.

You so called parents have drug and alcohol problems. You father is obviously abusing your mom and she sets it out on you plus the drug/alcohol mood swings amplify it. Some people shouldn't breed.

Join the forces, become a decent man, only see them again to show them what low life shit they are. Be happy.
>>
>>16486375

When I was institutionalized, the teacher happened to be the educator at the hospital. I was forced to spend 2+ hours/day in the same room, and he constantly reminded me through subtle references of what had happened between us. After that, I spend a year in a "boarding school" for troubled teens. Was a bad time & never got enough sleep because we were forced to follow a schedule that only allowed 7 hrs sleep to keep us tired & docile (i need 9.5 to feel good).

Additional incidents include breaking my ankle at home and being left on the stairs for 45 minutes while my mom 'looked for the keys', having an allergic reaction to a bee sting & not being taken to the hospital while unable to talk from throat swelling because "youre fine".

Left boarding school at 18, graduated highschool. Moved out of mom's house a year ago. Didn't really understand that I was abused until 2014, I guess growing up like that can make it hard to have perspective on reality.
>>
>>16486375
And yet, from the way you write and recount this you seem to be turning out ok, which is a credit to you. Has this caused or is it still causing you emotional, social of personal issues?
>>
>>16486397

Salvaged damaged goods are the best kind of people though. Of course, the "salvaged" part is rare, and once they fully get there, you rarely know their stories outside of people shitposting on chan.
>>
>>16486416
I think the emotional and social impact was worst in my highschool years and in the few months after realizing that my parents were abusive. I'm diagnosed with PTSD, have a couple moderate phobias, and am generally suspicious -sometimes paranoid when afraid- and struggle to make order & discipline in my life. My mental health has improved drastically with sobriety, meditation & seeking to actively increase my awareness of current reality. I still have flashbacks sometimes, which can be distressing. My emotional wellbeing often suffers because I allow my "self-talk" to get out of hand. I have some deep-set negative beliefs about myself that most likely formed because of how I was spoken to as a kid, and they affect how I speak to myself, so in that way I'm also still affected by my childhood. Socially, Ive struggled with anxiety and fear of rejection. That's gotten much better & I've come to enjoy talking to people much more. I find it easier to be confident and relaxed in social situations now. I also have a personality disorder that formed as a result of my upbringing. It's similar to borderline, though the focus isn't a fear of abandonment- I'm afraid people don't care about me. I often catch myself doing things to provoke a caring or concerned reaction from my bf so that I can feel cared for. I've been stopping/not doing this behavior when I notice I'm doing it or about to. It's been a difficult habit to break.
>>
>>16486442
>>16486442
>>16486442
>Salvaged damaged goods are the best kind of people though.
I agree. Experiences like that, and then subsequently remaining/becoming sane and functional cultivates a rare kind of strength/maturity/wisdom.
>>
>>16486473
You seem to be doing well.

See OP.... you can do this too. But every journey has a beginning.
>>
Get out now. Find a friend and beg them to let you stay until you can get a job and live on your own. Staying there will only make it worse.

>>16486246
>Also, nobody gives a fuck about your "PTSD".

Christ, this board.

You've obviously never known someone with PTSD. Why do you even post here, to fucking troll? Or to act like an edgelord because you're a boring fuck with no real hobbies?
>>
>>16486632

>Or to act like an edgelord because you're a boring fuck with no real hobbies?

What, is this an insult or something? Obviously I am posting here because I am taking time off from productive things because I have insufficient will and drive to continuously do them, which is a weakness. Of course, that puts you in the same boat. Unless, you have an actual issue with the content.

Also, I would be interested to hear about your hobbies and how they give your life meaning, unless you mean practical stuff like working out, mechanics, and learning programming/art/music/etc.

As far as PTSD - no one gives a fuck. Nobody is going to overlook it if there aren't compensating qualities.
>>
>>16486632
>Christ, this board.
>You've obviously never known someone with PTSD. Why do you even post here, to fucking troll? Or to act like an edgelord because you're a boring fuck with no real hobbies?

I am the poster of
>>16486375
>>16486397
and although I agree that saying
>Also, nobody gives a fuck about your "PTSD".
is harsh and uncaring, I think OP needed that dose of reality.
Employers, colleges, landlords, and the world in general will not give a rat's dirty ass if you have PTSD. It's important to not use the diagnosis as an excuse to enable yourself to continue to not make progress and come up short in life. PTSD is a terrible condition that can cause tremendous pain and suffering if left unchecked and not treated properly. It is still OP's responsibility to make positive changes in his/her life, and the diagnosis doesn't excuse them from that responsibility. To say that noone gives a fuck is denying OP the attention and validation they're seeking from the thread, and pointing to the necessity of making change in their own life.
>>
>>16486328
How...how do I quit the only thing I have. I smoke like 8 blunts a day.
>>
>>16486632
Every-fucking-body thinks their problems are worse than everybody else's problems. No-fucking-body is going to give you a pass for this, unless you're a woman and they're a desperate betamale.
>>
>>16486701
You smoke 8 blunts a day? Even if that is the cheapest weed ever and very thin blunts, that's $5/g (1g) x 8 = $40/day spent on pot. $40 x 30 days = $1200/mo

So either someone lets you smoke $40 of their weed a day, you blow $1200 a month on pot when you could be renting a studio to yourself & buying all the groceries you need, or you're lying, and I don't think the first possibility is likely.

Just quit smoking... you are only fucking yourself. Your addiction drains $ that could be spent on leaving that house. I used to spend all my $ on drugs while I as 18, 19, and lived in a house with my abusive parents. And then I got sober & saved up, moved out, and now I live in my own apartment and pay my own bills.
>>
>>16486739
I grew it I'm out now though
>>
>>16486205
literally run away buy a tent and live in the woods. get a job for min wage at fast food and boom your set as fuck. you'll make about $50 bucks a day that'll be enough to buy your self food,necessities and then some left over. Bury your valuables/extra money in the woods so if your tent gets robbed nothing of value will get lost. Not going to lie that would be a pretty comfy life.
>>
Your entire story is strongly exaggerated. It reads like bad fan fiction.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread was, you obviously need validation
>>
>>16486205
You posted this a week ago>>16486205
and got some decent replies. Why are you back?
>>
>>16489172
Because this is bait, and OP is getting off on all of us taking this seriously.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.