[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being bad at everything? I'm bad at everything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
How do I stop being bad at everything? I'm bad at everything. I fuck up and make mistakes constantly. How do I stop?
>>
>>16481280
Bumping because I'd like to know it as well.

>inb4 "by dying and reincarnating as way less of a fuckup"
>>
File: 1439710994029.gif (4 MB, 280x270) Image search: [Google]
1439710994029.gif
4 MB, 280x270
Fucking up is human. You will not stop fucking up, ever.
Analyze the mistake. Apply logical skills and address what needs to be done. Conquer, move on. Cry into your pillow if you want, but don't blame the math teacher for giving you a math exam.
>>
Maybe you have a food allergy that is sabotaging your physical and mental efficiency. See an allergist and get tested by him/her.
>>
Learn to have patience with yourself, don't take criticism personally, be confident, and if this emotional background is in place, practice,practice,and practice.
>>
What is your general approach to doing things? It sounds like you may need to reevaluate this, but before we can help you do that we need to know the current one.
>>
>say things I think are important
>people call me a retard often enough to where I start doubting myself
>realize this is a flaw and continue doing what I love so I can grow as a person
The lesson here is to stop giving a shit. If you give too much of a shit you start fucking up more.
>>
>>16481280
Do things you can do. Don't do things you can't do. Gradually and inevitably the first list will grow longer.
>>
We've all had easy lives and never had to really work hard for anything. Once you're desperat eto survive, and don't have endless distractions to espcae into, you'll stop fucking up so badly.
>>
>>16482042
Also, a lack of competent parental guidance. Probably. That's who I blame it on.
>>
>>16481280
You don't sadly. Well with constant soulcrushing effort you may be able to be okay at shit, but you probably won't ever get good. Welcome to life enjoy your stay.
>>
>>16481280

It depends what you mean. A lot of times you only things that you fucked up because what you are doing isn't going exactly as you planned. Learn to improvise and adapt to your situation. Getting frustrated never helps. If life throws you a curve ball take a step back and figure out how to make it work.
There has been a study trying to analyze how high level executives and other very successful people make decisions. It was very surprising to see that most don't spend a lot of time with the decision itself. They looked at the info available and then made a decision and never worried about the what-ifs. The big difference was what came afterwards; they were all experts at keeping a clear head and dealing with the consequences of their choices.

Alternatively, try to slow down for a second and take a step back. It often helps to get a new look on the situation when you try to detach yourself from the decision at hand.

The biggest thing you can do is try and keep your spirit up. This might sound really really hard sometimes, I know. I lost my job, had a divorce, have been homeless before and had to live in my car for months before a friend let me crash at their place. I used my time well; worked out, wrote resumes, and went to free seminars (meet-up is a handy app). Now I have a job, gf, new friends, and a nice two bedroom apartment.

Take everything as a learning experience. Never look back and say "FUCK I should have done this differently: but always look back and think "Next time I will do it better, and here is how ... "
This small change can change your outlook by a lot.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.