[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop feeling lonely when dating is not an option?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: zoologically improbable.jpg (54 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
zoologically improbable.jpg
54 KB, 500x539
How do you stop feeling lonely when dating is not an option?

I do have friends and a healthy social life, but not having a boyfriend still makes me scream internally.
>>
suicide usually stops the feeling of loneliness
>>
>>16480811
I can't do that. My family needs me.
>>
>>16480819
kill them too
>>
>>16480800
>wanting to have a boyfriend just for the sake of having a boyfriend

Sigh... what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>16480872
>wanting physical closure for the sake of being a member of a social species that does not thrive in isolation
>>
>>16480800
Why isn't dating an option? Do you still live at home with overprotective parents or something?
>>
>>16480898
I'm gay, ugly and extremely picky. So far I've literally met three men in my life that I was physically attracted to. Two of them were already taken, one just fucking hated my guts, and all were straight.

Also, I hate sex.
>>
>>16480800

Well, have you considered not being a faggot? In my experience, there are a lot more straight people eligible for dates. Get yourself a nice grill.
>>
>>16480924
I've tried that. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
>>
>>16480937
Stop being so picky you snobby faggot.

Problem solved.
>>
>>16480948
How do I do that?

Dating somebody you don't want to touch kind of defies the purpose.
>>
Being in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship will serve you no purpose other than to give you false reassurance about your own inadequacies. Quite a few of my friends and family are with their current partners because they feel lesser without someone to lean on when their shortcomings come and bite them in the ass. I'm sure it feels nice for them, but it's sad to watch, because in the end it only makes you weaker; dependent.

It's all about having the right frame of mind. You just need to self-reflect, come to terms with your self, and learn to live with your faults. You can't keep looking at it as if something is missing from your life; you are whole and you're fine the way your are. Keep that in mind, and have some confidence in yourself as an individual.
>>
>>16480969
I want to be touched.

Not being touched gives me mild pain.
>>
>>16480953
Unless your a 8/10 gay male you wont be pulling gay 'hotties'

If your average or bellow (fat etc), embrace it and be realistic on your choice of partners.
>>
>>16480973
I like fat guys. There are none.

Bones are unsettling.
>>
>>16480976
Ok good. The world is full of fatties, hang out in a pastry shop. They will come to you.
>>
>>16480989
I'm not an american. They are much rarer here.
>>
>>16480906
>Also, I hate sex.

Are you trans or something?
>>
>>16480997
kind of.
>>
>>16480993
But i bet you have pastry shops faggot.

Also learn to cook. You can fatten then up once you hook em.
>>
>>16481022
I've contemplated that, but that'd be kind of unethica, and anyone with a nice face can do better than me.
>>
>>16481030
Excellent, so you conceede that anyone with a nice face can do better.

So stop being picky and just start getting to know a few faggots. You might realize you enjoy their company despite their perceived physical shortcomings.
>>
>>16481038
The problem with the LGBT community where I currently live is that for some fucking reason, it's exclusively female. 60% of my friends are lesbians.
>>
>>16481043
If 60% are lesbos, 40% are not. Don't be lazy, you think it rains men?!

Use the internet to spread the net further than immediate circle of acquaintances.
>>
>>16481051
60% are lesbians, 40% are bisexual girls. Or pansexual or whatever the fuck they're calling themselves now.

I've been on OkCupid for a while now, and the only guy who's been interested in me is too old, living too far away, and has a questionable gallery of pictures of himself. Also, like 40% of of my matches are "genderqueer" women, too.

I've considered downloading tinder, but it hooks up with your facebook and I don't want my grandma knowing that I'm on tinder. Grindr, too, but that uses your phone location and I don't want all the gays knowing where I am at all times.
>>
>>16481096
Excuses. You can creat a dating facebook to link your tinder.

You can turn off the phone tracker on grndr, dont allow the app to use your location.
>>
>>16480800
stop giving a fuck desu senpai
>>
>>16481096
Also plentyoffish.com
>>
>>16481108
>You can creat a dating facebook to link your tinder.

Damn, I hadn't even thought about that.
>>
>>16481128
No worries, thats why your on /adv/
>>
>>16481139
Fuck, my facebook e-mail has been expired forever, I've forgotten my password, and to change your e-mail you need the password, and to change your password you need the e-mail.

...Is it worth it to just quit facebook forever if I log out?
>>
>>16481146
start a new email, one for the dating facebook.
>>
>>16481152
That was the plan, but I can't make an account without logging out first, and once I log out, I'm not going to be able to log in again. Because I don't remember the password.
>>
>>16481155
Have you tried all your typical/normal passwords in the change password field?
>>
>>16481159
Again, hadn't thought of that.

Shit like this is why I didn't get into college.
>>
I have similar feel to OP. Permanent health condition keeps me from dating, or even seeing friends a lot of the time. There is one friend I have who will visit, she has visited four times in the last year and it's a really good feeling. It's a continuous effort to come across as well grounded, normal, not lonely to all friends. I write letters to other friends, sometimes I feel I write too much. They probably don't realize how big a letter is in my social life.

Seems the natural solution to loneliness is alternate between passion for hobbies and moderate depression, in both instances I don't care that I'm bound to isolation. In between, I try to accept the difficulty of life... companionship is not granted to all of us, though that's how society paints the picture. Many find a way to do well without. I tell myself, one foot in front of the other, a few times a day.
>>
>>16481155
Also contact customer support on facebook about the password, they should be able to help if you explain your situation.
>>
File: god.jpg (79 KB, 640x566) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
79 KB, 640x566
>>16481170
I guessed the right password.
>>
>>16481179
Nice, now you can have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>16481193
Okay.

Any tips on how to make a new, completely unrelated e-mail without giving hotmail my phone number?
>>
>>16481198
Use gmail, they give you the option of IF you want to give phone number.
>>
>>16481203
Awesome.

How many gay trans chasers do you think a small town can have?
>>
>>16480800
>>16480811
>>16480819
>>16480862

Best advice in this thread.
>>
>>16481209
More than enough If you open yourself up to new ideas looks wise.

Happy hunting!
>>
>>16481234
I'm still not taking a guy if I can see his ribs or if he has the down syndrome face, though.
>>
>>16481240
Dont think there are many downies on tinder.

If your thinking fetal alcohol symdrome face, then ok there may be some BUT again you might just realize you enjoy their company despite their face/ribs.
>>
>>16481253
Shit, now tinder wants my phone number.

wat do.
>>
>>16481258
I think they need it so you can message the person in the app.

So in short I don't believe it ever gives that phone number out to any strangers.
>>
>>16481263
Okay.

So far, nothing. Literally nothing.
>>
>>16481269
Patience.

Also widen your interest to 'regular' gays too. Put all your interests, etc not just ''fatty for trans cock''
>>
>>16481273
Wait, how do I put interests?

Right now it just shows the kind of guys who used to bully me in school.
>>
>>16481277
Now that i'm not sure (i married befor the age of tinder), google 'how to set up tinder'

From the screencaps ive seen of the app your matches partly depend on what keywords/interest/sexual preferences you choose (as well as by location)
>>
>>16481284
So far I could only set it to be men 18-26. Not ones that I'd like yet.
>>
>>16481287
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/apps/tinder/22263/how-to-use-tinder

First one i pulled from google, im sure other more 'gay' orriented setup guides can be found with a bit of searching.
>>
>>16481293
Right. This is about everything I know about it now.

If only I wasn't morbidly scared of men.
>>
>>16481302
Eh you'll just need to ease yourseld in with 'men'. Not everybody is shit.

I'm off to bed, i'll check in again tomorrow (if the thread is still here)

Take care faggot.
>>
>>16481313
I'm not afraid of men in general. Just the ones planning to fuck me.

Sweet dreams.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.