[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have any obligation to continue living with roommates on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Do I have any obligation to continue living with roommates on a lease if they treat me like shit? Where, if I leave the lease, they fall below the income requirement and break the lease, which is a $2800 bill.

Like if I get regularly cuttingly insulted, have my character attacked and sometimes get physically hit?

I gave them several chances to reform their behavior but the hostility just continued up until I left. I'm staying on the lease now and paying $100 a month to help them, but I have no moral obligation to do this because I was driven out, right?
>>
If you're willing to break the lease and pay whatever fees you will incur due to it, then you can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>16479690
How about you grow a fucking spine and move out if you are unhappy with your living situation? Fucking fuck. This is a no brainer
>>
>>16479707
I did move out. Reading comprehension, please.
>>
>moral obligation

Who says you are obligated to do anything? It is all a matter of choice. We monkeys can decide against something, which means you could tell a person pointing a gun at you to fuck off, even though that isn't a good choice if you want to live.

If you're in a bad spot, there's no good reason to remain in it if the potential outcome isn't beneficial. Don't die on a cross for some assholes who can't see outside their blinding self-absorption.
>>
>>16479709
First paragraph says "continue living with" while the second paragraph says "until I left". Consistency please, faggot.
>>
Your name is on the lease.
They could take legal action to obtain your part of the rent.
>>
>>16479721
Then i would sign off the lease and destroy their credit. I'm not concerned about that.

>>16479717
I asked if I was morally obliged to do so. Maybe if you weren't so buttblasted you could read properly
>>
>>16479735
Maybe if you weren't so fucking retarded you could learn how to be consistent with your time line. It's OK, you're dumb enough to live with people who verbally and physically abuse you. I wish they had gone all the way and just killed you doing us all a favor.
>>
>>16479735
Just cut your losses now and walk away.

Their credit is not your problem. Maybe it will teach them that "what goes around comes around"

KARMA BITCHES!!!!!
>>
Are you retarded, OP? Why do you give a shit about people who treat you badly?
>>
>>16479690

generally speaking what you do is

>tell your roommates you want to move out
>Tell your landlord you want to move out
>everyone has to sign a paper saying you are cool with moving out
>if they need more money / another roommate they find one to replace you on the lease

thats how it works.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.