[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so if you cheat on a grill and she trashes your things xbox,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: nicememe.jpg (107 KB, 750x499) Image search: [Google]
nicememe.jpg
107 KB, 750x499
so if you cheat on a grill and she trashes your things xbox, tv ect. and you have it on record can you sue her for that and expect to win?
pick semi related
>>
>>16479688
You could, but why would you sue over a TV and Xbox?
>>
quite probably, but it'll depend on the judge. Getting dumped doesn't give you a right to destroy property or commit other crimes.
>>
>>16479688
You could probably try to take you to small claims court but it would probably be a waste of time
>>
>>16479688
Yes.

>>16479693
>>16479703
Not sure why you guys are saying this. Assuming he really does have everything on record (including evidence of who exactly did the damage), the depreciated value of the TV and Xbox are likely greater than the filing fee ($35-50) and a day off from work to appear in court.
>>
>>16479720
Given the fact that OP hasn't mentioned where he lives, we don't even know if there is a small claims court or tribunal where he lives. I assumed that when he said 'sue', he meant in terms of what we traditionally mean when we sue, with lawyers and everything
>>
>>16479688
You can sue her but don't expect her to win.
As a judge myself, the lead of the case will laugh at your face and say something like this: "then next time don't cheat on her you dumb ass, now out of the court, I have serious things to solve".
>>
>>16479720
You're assuming the judge would side with him even though he cheated

Judges are cunts 80% of the time
>>
"Boohoo babi mad because babi got what he deserved!!!"

Serves you right you piece of shit
>>
>>16479688
You should totally sue her. Get a good lawyer and you'll probably win. You really didn't do anything legally questionable.

Vandalizing your shit is actually illegal.
>>
>>16479792
You do realize that destroying property is illegal, right? Cheating, sadly, is not.
>>
Yes she did something illegal and caused property damage. You did nothing illegal.

Pray you don't get a woman judge.
>>
>>16479720
This
>>
>>16479740
People like you are part of the reason the American legal system is so fucked up.
You also deserve to lose your position, because you don't give a fuck about the law. He is in the right, she is in the wrong, do your job and pass a ruling accordingly.

But yes, you can definitely sue her. With a TV, XBox (assuming it's an XBox One) and "other things", you can easily reach a significant sum.
At least over here you'd have no problem at all with your case, but assuming you are in the US, I don't know, despite also having studied US law taught by some guy from Harvard over here. But that's due to a messed up legal system.
>>
File: unrele10.jpg (42 KB, 538x434) Image search: [Google]
unrele10.jpg
42 KB, 538x434
>>16479688
Lol that's great. Good stuff OP
>>
>>16479688
depends on the state

If I was a judge I'd probably let her off easy because you pissed them off by doing something retarded
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_passion
etc
>>
>>16479688
Sue her if you can. You won't need an attorney if it isn't a large amount of money.

>>16479740
I doubt you are a judge. If you are, you are a shit judge and deserve to be replaced.

>>16480568
Cheating does not give anyone permission to vandalize your things. You get cheated on, you move on. Yes, cheating is fucked up and childish, but throwing a temper and trashing other people's belongings is even more immature.
>>
>>16480568
From what I understand he wants to sue her for damages, not necessarily press criminal charges. You can't really let someone off easy there because it was a "crime of passion".
>>
>>16479688
If you cheated you deserve it.
>>
>>16480578
>I doubt you are a judge. If you are, you are a shit judge and deserve to be replaced.
There are literally judges who will only sentence someone to 1-2 years in prison, or whatever the minimum is for voluntary manslaughter, for killing a cheating spouse. What makes you think any judge will take this case seriously?
>>
>>16480585
I'd say he'd deserve and STI or something like that.
But she was being even more immature than him, although what he did was worse. Doesn't make what she did right.
And is completely besides the point of the question posed, you literally contributed nothing of any value whatsoever.
It's like you blabbing about how eating meat is wrong when people are talking about how to cook the perfect steak.

>>16480595
Because it's a civil, not a criminal case and he can't simply ignore the law because it pleases him. If someone is obviously guilty, you can't just dismiss the case if someone is suing for damages.
>>
>>16480595

Look at what >>16480150 has said. The legal system is fucked up. Many judges base their decision off of their own moral mindset, and not off of written laws. It doesn't mean that issues like this should be thrown out just because of incompetent judges.
>>
>>16480599
You sound like a yappy small dog. My contribution is that a cheater deserves to be fucked over, no matter. OP should count his loses and not be scum.
>>
>>16480604

Stop being a fucking child. This thread isn't about what OP "deserves", or what everyone's moral obligations are. Of course cheating is extremely fucked up, but so is trashing people's shit. In reality, whether he deserved it or not, he can sue for damages.
>>
>>16480604
I'd rather be a yappy small dog than some blatant idiot having to spew his opinion when nobody cares about it and is not the point being discussed.
>>
>>16480608
>he can sue for damages
The amount he'll get for what was trashed is likely not worth the time, effort and money involved. He will get the value of it used, not new. He'll likely have to hire a lawyer, lose time off work, aggravation, etc. For what? A few hundred dollars at most? That's assuming the judge doesn't side with the women and claim, 'emotional duress', and OP cheated so it was done out of passion and not premeditated.

>blatant idiot
You should think higher of yourself.
>>
>>16480628
>lawyer
>small claims court
;))
>>
>>16480628

Stop spewing off assumptions.

>Effort
Few pages of paperwork, boo hoo.

>Money
The fees for a claim are gonna be around $30-$60, depending on where you live. If OP can get several hundred dollars from it, that is well worth it.

>Hire a lawyer
You don't need a lawyer for a small claims court. Some states don't even allow for an attorney to be present during a case.

>Time off work
Cases are reviewed within a couple months, and does not take that much time.

>Crime of Passion
Absolutely not. No lawful judge in their right mind would let the person who destroyed shit get away whit it.
>>
>>16479688
Congratulations on turning your life into a Carrie Underwood song, you deserve it. Even if you do go to court, the idea of you getting anywhere is laughable.
>>
>>16480636
I said 'likely'. Sometimes people do in fact hire lawyer on retainer for advice, etc.
>>
>man cheats
>woman trashes stuff, breaking everything for whatever reason

>woman cheats
>man decides to no longer financially support the woman
Is this what it all boils down to? Do women see men as walking money dispensers and material goods, while men see women as prostitutes?
It really seems like it.
>>
File: 1447750647778.jpg (5 KB, 320x78) Image search: [Google]
1447750647778.jpg
5 KB, 320x78
>>16480663
EXACTLY M8.

>EXACTLY.
>>
>>16479688
You probably COULD sue, and even win. It is, however, unlikely that you could get much more than actual damages. MAYBE court costs, but I wouldn't bank on it.

More problematic would be the notoriety that a case like this would generate. Contrary to the Donald Trump theory of public relations, there really IS such a thing as bad press. Certainly you could kiss most of your dating pool goodbye. I imagine this would hit you where it hurts, no? Is that worth it just for your ego?
>>
>>16480663
Well if you're the cheating type, probably. You aren't looking for something meaningful if you willfully hurt the other person.

That's like asking why a chef spit in your food after you chucked a brick at his cock. He's not a shitty cook, you're just a fucking asshole and don't like the idea of consequences.

tl;dr millennials
>>
>>16479753

If OP lives in the Great South as I do, all it usually takes is going to church with the Judge one Sunday and a little money in an envelope for "court fees".

Good old boy network
>>
Depends on how much Shit she trashed, if it's something big and expensive for sure, if just one or two small things you'd be better off not even trying
>>
>>16480801
All of my this.
>>
Is crime of passion legal in your state?
These are the real questions
>>
I despise cheating, but value the law. I also loathe those that feel entitled to act as your ex did, regardless of the circumstance.

First, what is the current value of the destroyed property? A rough estimate is fine.

Second, did you learn anything from this experience?
>>
For the people saying that destroying the property was a "crime of passion" and thus the woman should be treated like a child and spared responsibility, then wouldn't cheating itself also be considered a "crime of passion", thus sparing the man from being liable for the following crime of passion in the first place?

Really, the concept of a crime of passion bothers me. Just seems like a way to allow immature people who can't control their emotions to get away with stuff.
>>
>>16480801
hahahah
That's the only way to get shit done these days
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.