[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How true is the casting couch trope?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1968039a.png (345 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
1968039a.png
345 KB, 400x543
Low Level Offbroadway actress here, Never encountered it in theater so far, will I ever?
>>
It's real. Very real.
>>
>Never encountered it in theater so far,

Are you a 5/10 or lower? That might be why
>>
If you're good it will show. If you think you're better than you are, it will show.

The most hirable people in any profession have talent but understand there's room to grow.
>>
>>16479362
Are you hot? If so, then you must be a shit actor. If you aren't then that's your problem.
>>
I think it flows both ways when i first did modeling for SG, I assumed it was casting couch so showed up ready for the "event", it was awkward when he said it was illegal and he was scared i would sue
>>
>>16480183
>showed up with a bald pussy and clean asshole ready for sex
Fuck I'd hire you even if I didn't get the suck.
>>
>>16480198
yea i had a weird impression of life back then, i was also into country at the time
>>
At the lower levels of theater there isn't much of a casting couch. A lot of lower level theater directors are gay or straight women. It exists, but casting freinds and people they've worked with before is much more common then the casting couch, and since so any directors are all about being true "artists" its more about if you look and sound like they imagined the character. I mean its low level theater, a pretty sexual open occupation, if anyone in the show wants sex they can usually get it at a cast party without much effort.
>>
>>16480216
The real question is, how do I get invited to a cast party without being in theater myself? If I just bro it up with a cast person, could i get an invite, or are they cast-exclusive?
>>
>>16480272
OP here, go as a friend of a friend

Just know there is more gays than straights
>>
>>16480272
Small theaters always need help. Make freinds by volunteering to usher, being a stagehand or helping with the build. Be friendly, and if you get along ask about what they so as far as cast parties once the show opens. Also, in general, cast parties and theater people suck, get out now while you can. It's like a more focus version of HS, and finding people who aren't just social climbers/users can be very hard. I've met some of my best freinds via theater, but a lot of the people are slefish and unaware of how rude they are. Still nothing beats reading out of work actors/actresses sad Facebook posts about how much being wait staff sucks after you see them give a waiter a 25 cent tip for taking to long to get drinks for the 15 people in the cast.

Sorry got a little off topic, drugs are also a big part of most smaller theaters.
>>
>>16479362
>Never encountered it in theater so far, will I ever?
You sound disappointed?
You must be a feminist.
>>
>>16480331
...are you triggered?
>>
>>16480327
My experience so far has just been a playwriting class I took as an elective, and yea I feel like everyone there is pretty self-centered. There's a girl I'd really like to fuck, and I think a cast party/liquor would def make that happen :P
>>
File: 4ymC8aKq_bigger.jpg (2 KB, 73x73) Image search: [Google]
4ymC8aKq_bigger.jpg
2 KB, 73x73
>>16480499
My college level thertre was 20 girls trying to fuck the Liam Nielson looking professor ...who was gay

kinda sucked for all involved
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.