[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Just man up and ask her out, what's the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1447560847526.jpg (37 KB, 498x594) Image search: [Google]
1447560847526.jpg
37 KB, 498x594
>"Just man up and ask her out, what's the worst that could happen?"
>Get unfriended and blocked on Facebook.
>All her friends think I'm "creepy".
>>
Well that depends on how you asked her out
>>
File: alpha.jpg (70 KB, 781x957) Image search: [Google]
alpha.jpg
70 KB, 781x957
>>16479343

It's a girl I work with. I pretty much see her every single day. Sometimes I say hi when she walks by. I'm friends with some of our co-workers on Facebook and I saw her on "people you might know" and added her and she accepted. At work I asked her for her number and she said "uhhhh ummm my phone's broken" I said "oh well whatever so I was wondering if you wanted to get some coffee with me after work" and she said "uhhhh ummmm I'm busy". And next thing I know I'm deleted from her Facebook. She has like 700 friends.
>>
>>16479356
That's hella creepy
>>
Don't let that kill your self-esteem man, there are still plenty of girls out that who don't know you. You probably did something creepy that you're not telling us, care to describe the ordeal in greater detail?

The thing to do now is figure out what you did wrong. You can also try to minimize the damage by apologizing or whatever.
>>
>>16479356
So let's rephrase that.
>coworker
>see her daily, but not even acquainted enough to greet daily
>friended her on facebook just because friends of friends (okay, could be worse)
>ask her number, possibly out of the blue and get shot down
>don't take the hint and make an even bolder move
>wonder why she's distancing herself, if she wasn't already at maximum distance
And that's without context. I bet this would make even more sense if you actually explained things like how you two talk, IF you talk, if you tried to approach her beyond friending, how you tried to ask her for her number, how you responded to her shooting you down a second, or how you found out her friends think you're creepy.

Fucking robot threads. Give half a story, expect a full answer.
>>
>>16479356
So you basically asked a girl out you don't really talk to and are surprised when people think you're a creep?
>>
>>16479332
And that's why you don't ask people out you newfag.
>>
Well, it was because you didn't enjoy some casual moments with her, aka "talk with her and get to know each other".
>>
File: 1447908963800.jpg (80 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447908963800.jpg
80 KB, 600x600
Just man up and collect PVC. Really, it takes a brave motherfucker to order something like this from Japan just to display it in your house.

Love, /a/.
>>
Always curious how I see so many god damned stories about coworkers here. How do you even fall for your coworker? I'm just focused on work when I'm in the office. I couldn't bare to imagine falling in love with someone here. That would be awful on my daily existence...
>>
>>16479514
Girl detected.
>>
>>16479356
Because a girl gives you a cordial greeting it doesn't mean she's open to you asking her out. A "Hi" or "Bye" is just that. A lot of guys will tell you to just ask any old girl out and who cares. If it's some broad you'll probably never see in a million years sure go for it but this is someone you have to see everyday. Makes it very awkward for you and her because you got shot down and she had to do the shooting down.
Guys (and some girls) like your friends or whom ever told you to "man up" are usually scuzzbuckets who will chase any skirt without any shame and take rejection as a badge of honor. Some probably take it as part of the chase (it is not), the others if female, are female they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. They have never been in a rejection scenario as a guy, thus they need to shut the fuck up.
Anyways you fucked up in many ways:
1. Listening to any shit head who starts a statement with "Just man up". They don't have your best intentions at heart.
2. Being a Facebook sideline faggot. Don't friend the girls you're "crushing on". "That's what thirsty niggas do" to borrow a phrase from a buddy.
3. Never ask out a co-worker nor date a co-worker. Even if you both just click, don't do it, the potential for it to turn sour in many ways become an issue.
4. You are too ham-fisted with your approach. This isn't some TV show. You're not going to ask her out for coffee and she's going to push her hair behind her ears, blush, and say "Okay, I'd like that." You have to get to know a person before asking for a number and even more before you ask them to coffee or what have you. And you have to have the ability to tell if they are interested which I'm going to make a bold assumption you do not possess (yet).
Work will be strange now. Just ignore her, no peeking at her when she passes, pretty sure that she thinks you are a rapist. Her friends will probably laugh at you when your back is turned too. But hey more fishes in the sea, right?
>>
>>16479514
>How do you even fall for your coworker?
First, if they are hot.
Second, you mesh well.
>>
>>16479525
No, I'm a guy...
What makes you think that?

I just look for love elsewhere besides the place I know I'll spend most of my waking hours where I have to be "on" and you know, work...?
>>
>>16479514
>'how did/does X fall in love with Y it's word and I don't get it!'
>asks this on 4chan

Huehuehue
>>
>>16479532
>>16479535
I understand but going to the point here >>16479526

number 3...like besides in rare scenarios, how dumb do you have to be to ask out a co-worker? This is your JOB, your CAREER, not a fucking orgy... Just because you don't know many other people doesn't mean it's a good idea (typically speaking, of course every situation is different)
>>
>>16479534
Depends on the job, I guess.
>>
>>16479537
Your job does not define who you are and not everyone's job is their career. Just because you're not desperate enough to get it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
>>
>>16479547
Sure.
If it's like Adventureland, I could see making a move.

But if it's an office setting, where everyone sits down in the same desk every day from 9-5 and there is like 20-30 people total... it could become quite awkward, I'm positive of that, and it is also an obvious fact...
>>
>>16479553
Nowhere was it mentioned/implied that OP has an office job.
>>
>>16479557
I understand. To remind you of my original post,

>Always curious how I see so many god damned stories about coworkers here.

Not just referring to OP but everyone on /adv/ since I see a dozen coworker threads a day. Some of these must be office jobs, or, a similar type of space/routine. However, I don't mean to derail.
>>
>>16479500
>collecting harem shit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.