[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I get over my fear of presenting /adv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1397233209994.png (306 KB, 419x333) Image search: [Google]
1397233209994.png
306 KB, 419x333
how do I get over my fear of presenting /adv/?
>>
Get high before the presentation
Works every time
>>
>>16479263
How to acquire the weeds?
>>
>>16479263
This is awful advice

Best thing to do OP, is just do it.

Everyone is scared of presenting, some people just hide it better than others. Just make sure you're prepared. Lack of preparation is what makes me personally the most nervous.
>>
Who do you present the /adv/ board to? Like a TED talk about 4chan or what?

Huehuehue I hate myself.
>>
Practice practice practice.
Ask for your friends to help observe and give some critique on your presentations. Keep practicing until you conquer this fear.

Other than that, just do it. Let the fear drive you.
>>
>>16479263
fuck weed

should I take valerian root capsules?
>>
>>16479299
Weed works like a charm
>>
Recognize that no one in the audience likes you anyway and start thinking of them as the disgusting roaches they are
>>
I used to hate doing presentations and such, and I still kinda do but...

Try not to dread them. As silly as it may sound: just deal with it. The nervousness and fear never goes away from me but I just keep telling myself I have to do it.

>tfw delivering a presentation and most of what you're saying is from memory whilst a bunch of other plebs have their head buried in their notes and you can barely hear them
>tfw you make people laugh with the humour you add into your presentations

Just be yourself
>>
For me, I don't plan shit. I don't write lines or a script. Reading off paper makes you boring.

Just study the fuck out of what you're talking about. In my experience, you can talk about things more in depth if you're discussing it organically.

Also, realize there's no pressure. Literally no one gives any fucks about presentations. Least you can do is make it entertaining.

>Presentations + PowerPoints = Why the fuck am I in college
>>
>>16479258
You know how when your classmates present, you ignore them because they're boring and you don't give a shit? That's how they feel when you present. There's no need to be nervous when no one is listening to you anyway.
>>
>>16479419
This. People reading off a script sounds far too robotic. I just research the topic a lot and maybe jot down a few notes so i've got an idea for what parts to talk about and for how long etc.

>tfw doing a group presentation and some fucks spend more time on making the presentation look "good" instead of focusing important content like the subject
>>
>>16479258
Just dont be afraid of making mistakes, because, who cares ?

its so much more charisma and presence than it is the content that you are presenting.

Also, just practice.

A good dose of "dont give a fuck" helps too.
>>
By rehearshing the fuck out of your presentation. That way, all you're doing is something you've already done correctly lots of times.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.