[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how bad is it to message a girl over fb that you had a huge crush
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1427712201172.png (138 KB, 368x700) Image search: [Google]
1427712201172.png
138 KB, 368x700
how bad is it to message a girl over fb that you had a huge crush on 2 years ago, but have not even seen in 2 years but just saw her around campus, but never talked to irl.

also the fb doesnt even show her name. i asked someone she worked with then her name, then found her brother on fb, looked thru his friend list till i saw her profile pic.

is this terribly creepy? or will it go great?
>>
>>16475422
no, it's fucking creepy. Don't do that, dude
>>
Why don't you talk to her on campus? Find a reason to go and say hi and just run with it. It's more creepy to just message her online.
>>
>>16475433
too late, graduated

>>16475428
yeee. should i admit 'hey this is probably creepy' right off the bat?

personally i think it would be pretty cool if anyone messaged me no matter from when
>>
>>16475422
Tell her you love her and want to get married
>>
>>16475437
No, you shouldn't start your message with 'hey, I know it's creepy' because it won't minimalise the impact. You must be a moron to thing that messaging a girl with whom you never talked irl and you found her on social media thanks to your stalking skills, is a good idea. And after 2 years... That's really pathetic and creepy
>>
"Hey there Facebook put you in my "people you might know" list and you look kind of familiar but I can't figure out where from"
>>
>>16475453
okay it isn't great. but i really dont have much else of a choice. it is this or nothign i guess.

>>16475451
think she'd realize it is a joke?

>>16475460
not bad
>>
>>16475499
She's not gonna be interested and will write you off as a some desprate, weird dude
>>
>>16475499
You couldn't tell I was being sarcastic? Don't tell her you love her that's the creepiest shit you can do. Play the "do I know you from somewhere" card as suggested above.
>>
>>16475515
>play do I know you card

Because she'll give a shit if they have never even talked
>>
>>16475515
no i meant it would be a joke to everyone involved to message that i lvoe her b/c of it is so over the top
>>
File: faded.jpg (132 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
faded.jpg
132 KB, 960x717
Besides the fact that her name isn't there which would indicate that you had to find her, what's so wrong about messaging a rando on FB? Is it not a social network?
>>16475428
this is the mentality I feel most girls parrot, but why? Isn't it just like anything else in life - if he's not completely threatening or butt ugly why is it a bad risk? I've hit up and been hit up on FB plenty of times to various success, it doesn't really matter that much, it just means that if the chick didn't message you back just because she didn't know you ON A SITE BASED ON NETWORKING WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE ALL 7 DEGREES AWAY FROM MUTUAL FRIENDS, she's probably a cunt. Looks are a part of it too, but if you're average and her only basis for thinking that is the post I replied to - "becuz it's facebook and creepy omg!" than...fuck her lol
>>
>>16475671
what works best to hit someone up from your attempts? being like "hey do i know you from somewhere?" or more like "i saw you around and think you're cute" or ? ? ?
>>
>>16475721
literally either the second (if they seem approachable enough) or just hi...if they respond all suspicious of you, just play it cool and don't say shit like I know this is creepy because even if they didn't before that, they sure as hell will after.

Girls aren't that hard to approach, and I'm not a 10/10 adam levine motherfucker, I'm a short hairy hippie, it's all about vibes. sure a lot of chicks won't give you the chance to share a vibe, but that's when you go "fuck it" and move on. chicks don't care about us until we prove ourselves, same for them.
>>
>>16475730
i figured id metion it was creepy, so they knew that i realized, but i guess it could make it worse
>>
>>16475761
Never self-deprecate like that, not unless you make it a trademark comedy styling and start getting some cashmoney for that shit. Not to say you should be a braggart either - just keep shit real, you know?
>>
another thing that bothers me about fitness that I find hard to cope with is how it's a process, not a point. Obviously you don't just hit a weight and quit, but you have to maintain a very SPECIFIC kind of intake for what you want, it's all very meticulously organized and such.for me, I don't value fitness as more than a hobby a choice. It's not something I want to dedicate that much stress to when it should be relieving it. I just want a good general routine to fall into that i'll keep doing.
>>
>>16475781
yeahhh...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.