[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with having depression for the rest of your life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How do you deal with having depression for the rest of your life when killing yourself is not an option?
>>
>>16474825
why exactly isnt it an option anon? Im not encouraging anything, genuinely curious. Im right there with u tho, the thought of my loved ones mourning over my death is worse than the life im living
>>
>>16474825
You fight it. You seek help wherever you can find it. You set up an environment that counters its effects, to whatever extent you are able. But mostly, you ACT.
>>
>>16474841
My mom needs my help to look after my sister.

>>16474854
>You set up an environment that counters its effects
Can you give me an example?
>>
>>16474825
just man up and stop being a pussy. Depression is for girls and fags
>>
>>16474878
But my family needs me.
>>
drugs
>>
>>16474915
What do you recommend and how do I get it?
>>
>>16474878
You're fucking stupid, depression isn't an emotion, sociopaths, those with no emotions, can still be depressed. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. You're probably twelve and have never been depressed.
>>
>>16474825
You just bear it
Let your soul die but continue the day as usual
Become a robot basically

Remember, you don't have to feel good
You don't have to like it
You don't have to want
You just have to do what needs doing
>>
>>16474940
How will I keep myself from killing myself then?
>>
>>16474963
Why would you kill yourself? You can't kill yourself you have shit to do, too busy for that nonsense
>>
>>16474991
Because I don't want to be alive.

Would you pay rent for an apartment you don't live in?
>>
>>16475000
just kill yourself and get over with that drama. If you can't then live and suffer, there's no way around that, you fucking drama queen.
>>
Make others around you feel bad as you feel. It really helps. That way you transfer your negativites to them, and you get fealing that you are not only one who suffers. It would be ideal to eliminate all causes that bringyou to that state but for some situations is not legal (eg.when a person does that and you want her/him dead)
>>
Just get therapy and drugs. Hopefully you can find docs that want to help stabilize you then get you to the point where you don't need the drugs. Then eventually you won't need the therapy. If all goes well.
It won't be easy, but the first step is seeking help.
>>
File: 1447534814173.png (285 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447534814173.png
285 KB, 400x400
Just get into a religion with a priest you can interact with if you dont want to do drugs.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.