[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I legitimately might have an intellectual disability
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (16 KB, 480x331) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
16 KB, 480x331
I think I legitimately might have an intellectual disability

>didn't learn proper hygiene until about 17 years old
>wasn't able to communicate very well until about 17-18 years old. could speak, just not very well. too much going on inside my head.
>needed help keeping up with homework
>had to quit my recent office job because I just couldn't do it
>don't think ahead at all and have trouble planning/getting things done
>forget to do my laundry all the time
>poor social skills, including eye contact and keeping my voice at a normal volume, inability to make lasting connections
>not in touch with the world enough to do well in school and know what the hell is going on

however, this is what makes me question that
>can write graduate-level papers while being a freshman in college
>always think of weird ways of thinking of things which makes me fail my tests because I can't memorize the shit so I overthink it to make up for my lack of concrete knowledge
>high level of abstract/imaginative thinking
>built a desktop computer from scratch in a little under two weeks (not consecutively, but that's the amount of time I dedicated to research and construction).

What the hell is wrong with me and why am I such a failure in life?

I'd never taken an administered IQ test. I've taken a few online and got 132 but those online tests are mostly bs.
>>
>>16473915

You're on 4chan, so 90% chance you have Asperger's/autism.

Look it up.
>>
>>16473930
you think it's autism? what if I'm a low iq aspie ;_;
>>
>>16473915
You do not have an intellectyal disability if you can write graduate-level papers as a frosh. It IS possible that you might have a developmental delay of some other kind, but there is nothing wrong with your intellect.

You will need to get some psychological testing done to be sure. Fortunately, you are in college; toue campus hea;th center's psychological staff may be able to do this for you. Even if they cannot, psychology students are always looking for people to practice administering the test on.
>>
You are in the spectrum bitch !!!
Sound like Aspergers to me...
>>
>>16473958
I go to community college. cheap cheap.
>>
>>16473915
>have Aspergers
>pretty much all those things apply to me
>decide to try a healthier diet and reduce gluten intake
>my brain seems to work a lot better and memory has improved
Well i'm still socially retarded and seem to need to "push" my brain harder to do every day shit thats expected of other people and i still forget to do shit, but my brain seems to "flow" better if you can understand what it means
>>
>>16474067
what does gluten have to do with reducing autism?
>>
>>16474053

also, i just looked, and my CC doesnt have psychological services. they DO have disability services but i am not sure if they do testing.
>>
>>16473915
You probably have actual autism, not the "autism" that people complain about having around here. You sound like you could have mild autism. I've never been diagnosed, but I am similar to you, except I'm able to look/seem fairly normal, but if you talk to me, you can tell I'm not like most people, I am incredibly awkward.

I took a Mensa IQ test and received a score of 138, but I am complete shit at school and pretty much everything related to school except math. I have trouble maintaining eye contact with people because then I can't focus on what they're saying. I built my first PC at 8 years old and always placed into the highest math course available in my public schools, but always was complete shit at writing or anything that I wasn't interested in (history was a fucking struggle, bored me to fucking death).

All of that is irrelevant, the point is you probably have autism, but that doesn't mean you are stupid or will have a hard life. There is most likely something that you will excel at and all you have to do is find it and work at it. As for socializing, just dive into it and try and improve it. Even if you struggle with socializing like me, you can greatly improve and seem normal or almost normal. If you have any other questions let me know, I might leave soon though.
>>
You sound like me and I'm autistic, but that doesn't mean you have a low IQ.
>>
>>16474106
I excel at art and writing. I'd contacted a portfolio consultant once and he said I could very well get into Brown and Tufts as far as my portfolio is concerned (of course my grades are shit so I'm not going anywhere fancy). I was also told by the chair of creative writing at... some school I applied to (I can't remember it was quite a while ago)

Where can I take an IQ test that is free?

How have you improved your socializing?
>>
>>16474174
oops... was told by the chair that he doesnt have much time to get back to many applicants, but that he loved my work and he was going to give me the highest marks for the school's talent scholarships.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.