[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you stay in a relationship with someone who was abusive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Would you stay in a relationship with someone who was abusive in the past if they really did change?

In the past my girlfriend was kind of messed up to me. Off the top of my head was she isolated me from a lot of my friends and made me feel like they didn't really like me. And she would always put me down, and tell me like, i wasn't as good as her exes or something. There was a lot of things. She was sometimes violent, and she would like tear down my posters and stuff.

I posted on here and other websites and stuff back then, and people said the same thing most of the time, that i shouldn't be with her, but whenever i tried to break up with her, we always ended up working things out, and now we've fixed a lot of our problems. Like i've been slowly rebuilding all my friendships with people i isolated myself from.

But still, it's hard to let those things go. Sorry if some stuff didn't come out right, i have had a little to drink tonight, a lot of stuff is on my mind. Even more things than this.
>>
The damage is done, but there's a chance of history repeating. Would you be willing to risk going through the past again? I think most people would say no.
>>
>>16471140
i think about that all the time, like was it worth it? would i do it again? no.

But now, it's been like a year since we've had a serious problem and even then it was like the first one in a long time. It's not gonna happen again. She has changed a lot now, and to be completely honest, this is just me holding on to stuff from the past, but i don't know if i can let it go or even if it's the right thing to do.
>>
File: wip.png (1 MB, 1882x1058) Image search: [Google]
wip.png
1 MB, 1882x1058
i been reak sad for a long time even after we fixed the problems but ive been real sad and numb and i didn't have any feelings but on saturday i saw someone i really care about and i have been overwhelmed with emotions since then and i haave been recononsidering all of my whole life.
>>
i vcant do the fucking capthcap fuck this picture bullshitletmet type in the letters agian. i dont five a dhit. im real sad
>>
how do i ke8ll msyelf with a dull knife, i tried to sab myselft it didnt work. i'm not even bleeding.
>>
i cant feel anything right now ithinhg is the best time
>>
Lol you drunkass. Stop driving with the rear view mirror

Two observations: you had no motivation or respect for you when you were with her and you have none now. Don't take shit from people, have a backbone, learning how to have that passion is at the core of a healthy life. Relationships are built on that core, if you're rotten, so will be the relationship
>>
>>16471317
respect for mye?

i do my best alll the time to bne a good berpeson and make people happy. i don;t knwo if tis works or not. i cant tell. i try to evalutate every day to improve. make mistakes/
>>
Towards the end of the relationship with my GF of 4 years I was psychologically very abusive.

I have a narcissistic personality disorder based on low self-esteem that is the result of my childhood.

I wasn't capable of changing myself at the time but the breakup has led to a lot of reflection and "soul-searching" if you'd like to call it that.
I can with confidence say that I'd never act the same way again. I can now clearly articulate what my problems were and have little problem admitting that to people.

I think people CAN change but most people don't. If you can clearly articulate why you left her and feel like she can honestly reflect upon it I'd give her a chance. If you think she is just pretending I wouldn't.

My Ex-GF is pretty miserable from what people are telling me but I fucked up to the point where she will probably never forgive me or will be able to change the picture she has of me now. It's the biggest regret in my life. I frequently dream of her. Non-sexual dreams. Every time it's just a situation where we meet again in the context of a party or something, talk about stuff unrelated to our relationship and then she goes home and I can't find any words to make her stay.

/blog
>>
>>16471329
I don't strive to make anyone else happy, I strive to motivate them, and they love me for it.

Happiness is an inferior emotion
>>
>>16471317
>>16471331
why do you guyds think were not together any more ?? we are/.. if we broke up i woiiuldnt try to get back wirth her, not no ew
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.