[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So bros At the age 25, I finally got a girlfriend. We had sex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 12342332.jpg (44 KB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
12342332.jpg
44 KB, 300x252
So bros

At the age 25, I finally got a girlfriend. We had sex a few times (awkward as fuck, still learning etc)

But anyway...I've been seeing her for a couple weeks now - why don't I love her? Like, I just don't love her. A buddy told me to dump her as if I don't love her now I never will, however most have seemed to tell me that love eventually comes, and I'm thinking too much.

But for real, I just dont...I don't feel it. I swear to God that I think it has something to do with us banging on the second date. I don't know.

I almost want to tell her that I appreciate her for opening a new world for me and that she's great, but that I don't feel a loving connection with her.

By the way, she's fine and she shares all my taste in everything. She's actually a really cool chick, I just...I don't, I'm not excited to see her.
>>
>>16470676
>But anyway...I've been seeing her for a couple weeks now - why don't I love her? Like, I just don't love her.
You've only been together a few weeks and you expect to be in love with her?

>A buddy told me to dump her as if I don't love her now I never will, however most have seemed to tell me that love eventually comes, and I'm thinking too much.
Your buddy is a retard
>>
>>16470690
>Your buddy is a retard
This.
>>
>>16470676
>>16470690
Agree with other anon, your buddy is a retard and has probably never been in a relationship.

Love takes time, experience, dedication and commitment to come around. Give it time. Or speed things up and get in a super dangerous situation together and survive it, you'll bond fast.
You're fine OP.
>>
>>16470690
>>16470692
>>16470697

Yeah I mean a few friends have told me that live takes time, and I'm insane for expecting to be in love already (in fact I've only seen her like 5 times).

But fuck, why am I not excited to see her.tomorrow? What the fuck, she's agrees with all my views, we get along, and she's spontaneous as fuck.
>>
>>16470676
Keep her for sex, bro. Who knows the next time you'll gain such easy access to pussy
(Wow, I sound pathetic.)
>>
>>16470676
i really hope youre trolling
>a couple weeks

you really think people fall in love in a couple of fucking weeks?
>>
It's fine if you two aren't compatible. Just don't drag it on longer than it has to if you're confident your feelings for her aren't going to grow.

Just because she's a cool chick doesn't necessarily mean you two are soul mates because of it.
>>
>>16470704
you're probably jaded
you've lived a third of your life without love and imagining what love might be, now you're given the opportunity to have it and it's not what you expected.
It will take time to overcome this thing you've built around yourself, even after reading this you likely won't be able to accept that it's the truth, but it is.
>>
Hey, stupid. You seem like you got the romantic understand of a George Lucas.

Are you ever excited to see other people?
>>
keep at it man!

I think you have such a fixation around this that it was inevitable this would happen. being a virgin at 25 means you likely have huge confidence and self - sabotage issues, even if it feels like no emotion is there, i'd wager it is down to the above rather than that you can't care for anyone. give it a few more months imo!
>>
>>16470690
>Your buddy is a retard
More autist than retard, but you get the general sentiment right anyway.

Love isn't something that just happens to people, OP; attraction is, and attraction is important, but it's not the same thing. Love is something you have to cultivate and maintain, and sometimes even rebuild, or else it dies. And the funny thing is, sex doesn't actually do anything as far as this goes. That's not to say it isn't important, but like attraction, it works along a totally different set of physiological pathways.

How, then, do you build love? The one-sentence version is that you do it by loving your partner, but that's not a very helpful way to put it. More to the point is that you do it by making your partner feel loved; this triggers an instinct that makes her want to do the same for you, which triggers that instinct back in you. It created a kind of feedback loop, and that loop pulls a couple closer together.

But even though that explains how it works, that's still not very helpful. Noe you understand the importance of ensuring your partner feels loved, but how do you do that? This is where it gets personal, because everyone is a little different. But for most people, it falls along one of five general themes: words, gifts, touch, favors, or spending time together. You need to figure oyt what really hits home for you -your preferred sigbal, if you will- AND what hits home for her. It's OK if they don't match; most couples don't. That just means you need to be more aware of each other's signals, because they won't come quite so naturally.

Words are the most straightforward of the five. Reassurances and affirmation are king to the people. You don't sound like a talker to me, but if she is, then it's time to brush up on your poetry.

Favors are also pretty straightforward: when someone does something for you, that really resonates. There are things in your post that make me almost think you sound like one of these, but not quite.

(continues)
>>
>>16471569
(continues)

Time is tricky. What you are doing doesn't matter so much to a dater, as long as it's generally pleasurable to both of you. But it's got to be quality time.

Gifts are also subtle. The big secret of gifters is that the gift doesn't have to be expensive or flashy. Everyone likes gifts like that, of course, but for a gifter, the act of giving is what really matters. Whoever came up with the sayibg "it's the thought that counts" must have been a gifter. Even your time togethet can be a gift, but that's not the same as quality time; time-gifts are what happens when you would rather not be there, but you go anyway, for her sake. You're male, so attending the birth of your child would be the quintessential time-gift; no one really WANTS to be going through this, but the mother has no say in the matter: being there to support her is a Big Deal, eapecially for gifters.

Touch is the trickiest of all, because of the problem of sex: it certainly sounds like it ought to be a touch-signal, but it just doesn't work that way. Cuddling is a stronger touch-signal, and so is massage. Even holding hands is a strong touch-signal. You might be a toucher; they tend to be the most prone to confusion when sex turns out not to function as a touch-signal.

Anyway, that covers the basics. Figure out your preferred signal, and hers, and start working them. The rest will come in due time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.