[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the best place for one to meet girls? bars, libraries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (31 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31 KB, 500x335
what is the best place for one to meet girls? bars, libraries perhaps? what do you even say to a girl in order to spark a conversation that doesn't sound totally forced?
>>
>>16467125
Literally anywhere

"Hi, Im ____ whats your name?"

/thread
>>
>>16467125
This does not work >>16467134 unless the situation is absolutely perfect and you're on your a-game. I wouldn't suggest walking into every place you go with the expressed intent of meeting girls.

Anyway look for situations where you're likely to shoot the shit with them. Work and social gatherings are obvious ones. That way you're less likely to sound forced no matter what you approach with because she knows you're there to meet people and so is she.
>>
>>16467134
bad advice
>>
>>16467151
>social gatherings

such as?
>>
>>16467174
Weddings, house warmings, not a personal favorite of mine but bars. If you live in a more progressive city then there's a ton of things to do as a group like hiking, bike riding, yoga if you;re into that, etc.
>>
>>16467134
this.

>>16467151
>>16467166
these two haven't tried or only tried like one time, fucked up and are now bitter.

you aren't going to win them all, and that's the most important thing to remember when trying to meet girls or even people in general. Sometimes everything lines up, sometimes it doesn't.

Last Friday I went to my favorite bar downtown by myself with no real expectations and just had a few drinks. About 30 minutes after I got there, a qt colombian chick sits next to me and we start chatting. She starts buying me drinks and eventually she takes me dancing. Fast forward a bit, she's groping me on the dance floor and teasing me with tongue kisses here and there. I end up taking her home.

This past Friday, I went to the same place. See two girls sitting together, chatting. Sit next to them, have a drink for that +3 courage buff and start talking to the one nearest me. It starts off slow with idle chitchat, but they start warming up to me. She goes to the bathroom so I talk to her friend. Her friend tells me that the other girl thinks I'm cute and that we should exchange numbers. She basically wingmans for me for the rest of the night. Get her number and have a great time talking to them. Turns out they both coach gymnastics. Been texting the girl ever since and plan to go out on a date this week.

It's easy, dude, just get your ass out there.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 400x220
>>16467134
This. Fucking this

I met my gf of 6 years at a fucking bus stop. Fucking betas thinking they need some sort of super secret strategy guide for women...
>>
>>16467177
>weddings
nobody ever invites me to these. also I'm just 21 yo so its unlikely I'd find people my age...
>house warmings
yeah I don't see it
>bars
I'd like to try this one because I think the drink might loosen me up a bit, but I'm afraid ill lose the ability to control my autism and end up cringing myself to sleep. fucking double-edged sword m8. but thanks for the contribution.

I was considering libraries tho since I'm a nerdy guy and I'm into nerdy girls too, what do you guys think of it?
>>
>>16467125
Familiarize yourself with daygame and nightgame. Daygame is more relaxed and low energy, whereas the latter is the opposite. I would suggest starting with the former, as this will immediately familiarize you with the fundamental elements of game - body language, tonality of voice, eye contact and dialogue. These things are not easy to hone though practice in high pressure environments such as bars and night clubs alone.
>>
>>16467202
To me it sounds like you need to trust yourself more, which means raising your self confidence. You can bend to any situation after that point which would make >>16467134 this guy's advice a lot more reasonable.
>>
>>16467202
>I'd like to try this one because I think the drink might loosen me up a bit, but I'm afraid ill lose the ability to control my autism and end up cringing myself to sleep.

learn your limits. My strategy is usually to have one or two beers to take the edge off and loosen me up a bit. If I'm still a bit stressed out from work or something, this does wonders in helping me relax. It's much easier to break the ice this way. After I establish contact and begin conversing, I'll drink a bit but not so much that I become visibly intoxicated. I want to remember details and be able to articulate myself well so that I don't come off as a lush.
>>
>>16467202
Never try to chat up a girl in a library who's obviously there to work. If there's a girl there who's just hanging out though, maybe give it a shot.

Try just starting conversations with people in general in public, regardless of whether you're interested in sleeping with them. When you get comfortable with that, then talking with people you DO want to sleep with gets that much easier.
>>
>>16467125
>what is the best place for one to meet girls?
anime conventions
>>
>>16467125
Try your university's yikyak. Say funny shit, get kiks, meet women.
>>
I shit you not, the first time I spoke to my girlfriend of almost 3 years was over Facebook. We'd had a class together but hadn't really met beyond somehow adding each other (not sure how that happened exactly). Then one day I was having lunch and just thought "fuck it, that girl from my English class is cute" and sent her a quick "hey :)"
Never thought anything would come of it but we're about to graduate university together and I am fully intent on fucking marrying this girl.

Anyway, just be cool about it, any old greeting should be fine. One thing that really worked for me was to try and imagine statements or responses that my more confident friends would make, and then figure out how to make those lines my own. Confidence is definitely the biggest factor.
>>
>>16467125
>libraries
maybe school library so you can say "hey don't you have" or some or such shit. otherwise basically fuck no.
>bars
absolutely. the sleazier/cheesier the better unless you have some particular interest like seeing a band. lots of possibilities. The key is you. Just be in a good mode and there's a good chance you'll at least make progress. Usually eye contact is the beginning. Then I just have to not panic. Thats where being in a good mood comes in which is often a direct correlation to how forced you are. The better the mood, the less amount of force.
>>
hey friends, thank you all for your input, you're all beautiful people but I'm pretty autistic so i'll need more help, if it isn't asking too much. what do you even say to a girl at a bar?I know that introducing myself for starters would probably be a good idea, but I actually have literally no idea on what to say after that or what to talk about. what do? I'm really thankful for your help, but I'm afraid it will all be useless if I can't actually spark a conversation with a girl...

hell, my issue isn't even talking to girls so much as it is talking to people overall. even with my friends they always think of a subject and we end up having a regular conversation like regular people, its just that I can NEVER think of anything to talk about, unless its with a close friend of mine and even then its rare.
>>
>>16467189
>Go to a bar

I'd hate to use ethanol based toxins as a crutch for dating.

Then again I could order a coffee as well. Unless if its a turnoff for girls in a bar.
>>
You people have it all ass backwards. The easiest place to talk to women are at bars and clubs because the expectation is there. The hardest is out of blue, cold calling so to speak.

You only need 3 things: gotta be fit, gotta be smart, and gotta have money.

In bars and clubs, everyone is tipsy/drunk so it doesn't matter what you say as long as you display the intention.

One of the fanciest ways I picked up a girl was when I flew to another city for fun and saw a pretty girl having breakfast at a cafe. I didn't say anything at the time but when I saw her again on the street a few hours later by chance, I initiated a conversation. Turns out she was taking a bus to my hometown and instead I offered to have her fly with me instead.

Which brings me to the 3 things I mentioned earlier. Money buys you options. You need the smarts to wield it. And to train the mind, you must first train the body.

Good luck
>>
>>16468475
Just go with whatever you can think of. "What brings you here today/tonight?", "I've heard about that author, is his works good?", typically anything that relates in some way to what you're seeing or doing right now. A friend of mine always has a lighter, when he's out smoking he'll often catch people hunting for one and uses that to break the ice.

The important thing is not what you open with but to disengage when you see that someone isn't interested.
>>
>>16468619
I think that fedora you're sporting is more of a turn off.

>>16468475
It can be anything. This past Friday the girl I sat next to was drinking some really fruity blue shit so I finally just asked her what the hell it was. Ended up getting her number. If there's a game on tv you can ask who they want to win. Use your surroundings to your advantage.
>>
Tfw no bf to slap his dick across my face aknitak
>>
>>16468666
>You only need 3 things: gotta be fit, gotta be smart, and gotta have money

actually all you need to be is charismatic and confident

>buying her a plane ticket

jesus christ what a beta move
>>
>>16468909
When you have all 3, being confident and charismatic are ancillary benefits.

And I flew private
>>
>>16467201
You do. You got lucky. Don't feel smug that you'd be able to pick up any girl at a bar
>>
>>16467764
brah, how do you go from dumb comment to getting a girls number
>>
>>16469166
University students that use yak usually have kik or snapchats which they give out pretty liberally. Respond to obvious girl posts with something relatable, once you trade words a few time, ask for kik or sc and chat her up further.
>>
>>16467125
bitchstore
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.