[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me become someone new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: solitary-walk.jpg (113 KB, 450x312) Image search: [Google]
solitary-walk.jpg
113 KB, 450x312
Ok /adv/ i have a bit to type so please hang in there with me.

Im a 19 year old loner, i sit at home and play video games all day when im not going to college which is only 4 days a week and only like 3 hour classes, then i return back to play video games.

At this point im becoming a neet, i even had to drop one of my 3 classes because i am failing and now only taking 2. So less time spent at school and more at home.

I dont work(however managed to get a seasonal job and will be starting soon) but i do work out.At this rate i feel worthless to my parents and feel like im letting them down. I dont contribute anyhting to the household except for the occational money borrowing. I dont take what i dont need from them, but still i am worthless and feel like i am not getting anywhere. My dad works for the whole family, and i dont help much.

Its not that i cant stop playing video games, its that i dont know how to further progress in this game called "life:.

i look at justin beiber who is a self made multi-millionaire at the age of 21 and im sitttign at home playing fucking video games with not even much in the bank. I feel like a useless tool.

sure im going to start working soon, but even then im only taking small steps. I want to impress my parents, i just dont know hwo to take the big steps. Help me /adv/ how can i become a success early???

give me suggestions plz, i've always been this way. Im not lazy i just dont know how to move ahead.
>>
Well first of all, stop fucking off and do your schoolwork. there is absolutely no reason to have been failing one of three classes. None at all.
I don't care what excuse you're going to try and throw back at me, you have unlimited resources at the university for assistance and unlimited study time, effectively.

The problem is that you don't care. You want it to be easy. You want to just show up to class and magically have learned and "advanced" yourself. You don't actually want to put in effort to accomplish these things, you just want to be able to grind it and poof! You win! Here's your success!

You're lazy. You're apathetic. You keep telling yourself you aren't but this is very clearly and obviously not the case.
You have to start being an adult and grab yourself by the balls, go out and actually accomplish things.
>>
Might help if you actually have a goal. Seriously, what do you want to do when you're done with school? Start there, work yourself up for a dream as of yet unrealized, motivate yourself, if you're not working out, start, get going, realize your dreams and accomplish them.

You only have one life to live, and it sounds to me like you don't want to waste it, so figure out what it is you really want and go for it.
>>
>>16466074
>>16466074
your right i've fucked around for too long, even in high school. I needed a bitch slap from life to help me wake up. Now i learned the hard way. But still college jsut isnt meant for everybody, im 19 and if i can finish my degree in atleast 6 years ill do it, but i just dont know if its my calling. I am fucking disgusted with myself for having wasted this much time and effort, i am really depressed. But i know im capable and i am willing to change my ways, starting now.

im passing my other 2 classes with flying colors btw, its math i dropped because it was getting frustrating
>>
I would get out of the house as much as you can. go to a library or cafe and don't leave until you get your hw done.

Also don't measure yourself by other people. Justin bieber is an outlier--you need to measure yourself today against yourself yesterday and so on and so forth.

you can't become a success early. you have to put time and effort into what you do. spending time on video games won't get you very far. better to spend your time reading books and advancing your mental faculties.
>>
>>16466065
>i look at justin beiber who is a self made multi-millionaire at the age of 21 and im sitttign at home playing fucking video games with not even much in the bank. I feel like a useless tool.

by that logic nearly every 21 year old is a useless tool (actually they pretty much are)

go to the library and study occasionally. just go every other day for a few hours, your grades will thank you.

join a fuckin club at university, too. god i wish i did that.

i left uni having never made an effort at all with women, and now im in an office with people 10 years older than me wondering why the fuck i was so retarded
>>
>>16466099
this is OP
hw isnt really what killed my grades in math, it was mostly the tests. put thats a personal issue.

I used to be a great student, and i can do it again i know so.

I just dont know how to make the most out of each and every day. I wake up and do the same old dance routine, i look myself and the mirror and think about killing myself, i wonder what my parents are thinking about me today, i do things and then i regret the day and think to myself " another day wasted".

i live wiht 2 brothers and a sister so im not the only one who's expected things from, my brothers probably wouldnt be considered succeses either but i dont want to die not accomplishing anything.

How do i begin this journey? do i go out and talk to as many people as i can, making connecitons and not wasting away at home???
>>
>>16466088
>19

dude

its gonna sound retarded at this point, but come on. some people get divorced at 40, lose their kids and their job, go through utter shit and THEN have to start all over.

youre 19. come on, man. young as fuck and full of energy. (if youre not, drink more water and eat bananas lol)
>>
>>16466065
being fit is good, keep that up.

learn to cook (or bake)? its fun, and cooking good tasting stuff is pretty respectable skill

read non-fiction books to understand things that seem useful (economics/decision making/ whatever)

learn a new language? or a musical instrument?

volunteering apparently helps people to think better of themselves (even if it probably isnt the optimal way to help the most people).

dont forget the schoolwork, but remember that its your job to secure your future you want, just going to school isnt enough (in most cases)
>>
>>16466221
ok i guess what im trying to say is this

i've spent so much time reading books,improving on myself, and just learning in general. That i want to apply that into the real world and make money, and eventually become a success.
I want to go out and do something, like right now, if there was a place to go where they literally tested my ability to make progress and overall cognition i would.

What's a good way to use my talents,knowledge, and abilities and find something that i can succeed in? I want to not dissapoint my mother who birthed me senpai.
>>
>>16466221
btw in my household it kind of is enough its either your studying or working and you can live here, but your right it's not enough in sense of progress.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.