[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obituary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: Grim-Reaper.jpg (31 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Grim-Reaper.jpg
31 KB, 615x409
I am dying of cancer and just wrote my obituary. What do folks think?

The best part of dying from ball cancer is the number of jokes that can be made.

I was born on April 18, 1984 at SGH I packed a lot of living into my thirty one years. I was a graduate of Academy, Harvard University, and the School of Law. I lived in New York City, Los Angeles, six months in London but always considered home to be Pennsylvania. I was in love once or twice, but died single. I published a book of poetry and about sixty poems.

I am survived by my two sisters, M and C, my niece, D, and my mother, K. And many more cousins, uncles, aunts, and friends. M and C, I was always proud of you two. D, the days we spent together when you were little were some of the happiest of my life. You are filled with so much goodness and will do much in your life. Mom, thank you for raising me so well. I am also survived by my father, D. Having him for my Dad was the luckiest part of my life. He gave me everything that he could and when I got sick followed me every step of the way. I am preceded in death by my grandparents: J, M, and B. I look forward to reuniting with each of them.

When I was younger, I screwed up things with a girl in California and I regretted it for the rest of my life. Christa, I am sorry. I love you and dreamt of you often throughout the years.

Many thanks to my doctors for helping me fight off the cancer as much as I could. Thanks as well to the kind-hearted nurses at UPMC.

I never expected to live past 30. I did not go out of this world angry, resentful or unhappy. If you can learn anything from my death, it's don't sweat anything. Once you burn off the excess fat, this world is pretty wonderful and life should be celebrated.
>>
>>16463926
Everybody will cry for you. It's a sad letter.
>>
>>16463926
Its nice mate. A good later. It'll be sad to see you go but you did what you could. I don't know you but I'd give you a brofist and a hug for what you've done and the way you're tackling this.
>>
That's a good letter.
How old is your niece?
>>
>>16464000
She's seven.
>>
The letter is really nice.

Cheers mate, and good luck for both you and the family.
>>
>>16463926
What is impending oblivion like?

I've almost died many times, but in those situations I would have just been torn apart in an explosion or something.

Not trying to be a dick just curious.
>>
you should make a vid, so your family can see it...
>>
>>16463926
>The best part of dying from ball cancer is the number of jokes that can be made.
no jokes - y?
>>
I salute you brave anon

Your obituary hit me. I was born a few months before you. What a strange world you are leaving. I'm going to continue on with a little more effort to enjoy what's left when you depart the waking life.

Thank you
>>
I'm sorry to hear anon. You're only 8 years older than me, and I'm sorry you have to leave so soon.

I wish you well on your way out and hope that there is indeed something there waiting for you as an afterlife.

If I may ask, how have you made peace with things, as it seems you have?

I've been having fears of death and aging recently, and cancer has plagued my father and a few other relatives, even though it hasn't been the killer of many. Obviously I'm scared I'll run into it myself some day.

Even though I'm not very religious, I certainly hope for religion to be true about a God. If there's truly something after this, maybe you can let me know from the other side.

I wish you the best anon, and to your surviving family.
>>
>>16463926
Damn dude, that's rough. How old were you and what stage were you in when you were diagnosed with testicular cancer?
>>
>>16464908

It's amazingly releasing. Complete freedom. No bullshit. It's like being let in on a great secret.
>>
>>16465516

Have a drink on me, friend.
>>
>>16465545

I almost died once already. It really put my mind at ease. I was worried about the preliminaries, namely the pain. Turns out it shouldn't be that bad. The rest is easy.
>>
>>16463926
Anon, I hope you are at peace and I wish you well in your next journey.
>>
>>16465607
30. Stage 4.
>>
It ceases to amaze me how those with the shortest time on earth are the most thankful for it. As weird as it sounds, you are an inspiration for me. You remind me of how no matter how strong or intelligent or powerful I think I may be, I am human and can lose all of that at any moment. I'm sorry you have to be leaving us so soon OP, as you're more successful than 99% of the human population. Godspeed man. Godspeed.
>>
>>16465650
Yeah, I had a good run for someone my age. My advice, thougj, is this: success means nothing, failure means nothing, the key to this world is get in as much life as you can, some of it will be shitty and some of it will be wonderful, just keep living.
>>
That's very nice anon. I wish you the very best wherever you end up.
>>
>>16463926
Say hello to the Grim Reaper when you see him for me.
>>
>>16465684
Grim Reaper doesn't exist, lol.
Also I don't know you so I don't know who I would be saying hello tor.
>>
>>16465750
Anon.
>>
I'm a 1984 kid too. Not a bad age to cash in.

As long as you die surrounded by your loved ones then it's a good ending.

I've seen young guys in their late teens and early 20's die in the dirt, and that's no way for a human being to go. We are lucky people, and I always tell myself this no matter how depressed I get, and no matter how much shit I experience.

Your last line is definitely the truth senpai
>>
That is nice, rest easy anon..rest easy.
>>
>>16463926
I was born on April 18 also, April 18 1996. Albert Einstein died on April 18, isn't that interesting?

>>16465608
I really want that in my life, I want to die in a way that isn't selfish. I want to be dying slowly enough to spend my last few months with my family. No one would blame me, I'd be free and happy, no struggle any more.
>>
You be good, Anon. That's a great letter. I admire the way you are handling the situation. It's interesting to think that soon you will know the answer to what I and many others are curious about, which is what will happen after death. May it not be a simple lack of existence, feel free to come over for a cup of tea when the time has come. Rest easy, my friend.
>>
>>16463926
I think knowing I was dying from ball cancer would drive me nuts.
>>
Wishing you all the best Anon.
>>
>>16467126
That made me crack up, thanks!!, - OP
>>
OP I'm just curious what religion you believe in, if any. Not trying to start a religious argument, just curious. For what it's worth you seem like a nice guy. You will be missed anon. :(
>>
>>16463926
Fuck I'm so fucking scared of dying how do you cope with this OP?
>>
>>16463926
Good letter, OP. I wish you the best. Enjoy what you can in this world before you go.
-g
>>
>>16467359
I spent most of my life as an agnostic. I identify as Christian now. Not because I am interested in heaven or life after lasting. Mostly because after the hell of chemo and surgeries in went through, I embrace and draw strength from the suffering that Christ did. I honestly draw such strength from the stations of the cross that I know it to be true. It is not my intention to argue religion, it's just what works for me.
>>
>>16467363
All your fear, all your love, the things that keep you here, don't mean much in the end. You can honestly just let go. It is that easy. I have seen the dissolution of a thousand empires.
>>
>>16463926
The beginning reads bit slow until it reaches the second mention of your sisters. Could include more about grandparents. Last line is kinda corny and I am disappointed about the lack of balls jokes. The Christa part is meh but the line about doctors and nurses is sweet.

Wait, this isn't a critique thread?

Goodbye, anon. I hope your family can take it as well as you and that the last days will be as enjoyable as possible. You're about to find out, what happens after death after all, please no spoilers. See ya. (Maybe)
>>
Can you tell the Devil to reserve me one of the good seats?
>>
>>16463926
Beautiful read, OP.
I'm sorry about what you're going through. I hope you pass easy, painless, and happy. Wish whatever's out there is a fulfilling and exciting adventure for you.
>>
>>16463926

That sucks, man. I hope you find peace. I think "cancer in my nutsack" is close to the top of the list of ways I don't want to die.

Also, what's your book? I'll check it out to support your family.
>>
This means a hell of a lot to me, anon. I'm in the hospital. I can't sleep. I have an impending diagnosis affecting my muscles. I like your outlook on things. I just don't want to suffer. Did you suffer? You seem happy. I want to die happy. But i don't have what you have. I'm here alone.

I'll keep my head up for you, because i don't have anyone else. I won't give up.

Thank you
>>
Is there an easy way to tell if I have ball cancer too OP?

What made you first go "oh shit something is not right"?
>>
>>16467757
Hang in there anon, you aren't alone. I'll be thinking of you.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.