[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET and Shut-In Advice Thread (Version 118.5)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1390194201215.png (148 KB, 355x253) Image search: [Google]
1390194201215.png
148 KB, 355x253
Welcome to the NEET and Shut-in advice thread!
(Version 118.5, running since Oct. 31st, 2013)

Do your thing, NEETs and fellow shut-ins.

From 118's OP
>I'm also restarting the 3 day a week workout at 12:30pm and will be restarting the web lessons as well. If anyone is interested in participating in a live web development lesson let me know in the thread or in the channel.

>Take care everyone.

>Forum
https://neetorious.com/forums

>Chat
http://chat.mibbit.com/#[email protected]

>IRC help:
http://pastebin.com/Pi8EqVaX

>Conversation Starters and Past Topics:
http://pastebin.com/KFe5MQE2

>Helpful Links and Resources:
http://pastebin.com/ygPwDUk4

>NEETworkout:
M,W,F @ 12:30pm EST -http://s_ynchtu.be/r/neetadv(no underscore)

>Web Development Lessons
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEy1CySNG4fiQZ82Qa0PYHA
>>
How should I go about stop giving a fuck about literally everything. Many people would say how lucky I am to have an opportunity to learn yada yada. But fuck them.. they don't fucking know how much I bust my ass off every single day, to still failing in all of the shit I am learning and then getting bad grades in the end.
>>
>>16459003
Consider what impact your giving a fuck has on the world around you. What is the net benefit of the fucks you've given? In most cases you'll find that it isn't even a null set, but solely a negative on your mental well being.

The next time you decide to give a fuck, take note of it, and carefully weigh the outcome for future reference.
>>
So does that forum even have anything that'll help neets or is it just a place for neets to be neets? Cause a neet is something I'm trying not to be, knowing more neets isn't gonna help that cause.
>>
>>16459070
Thanks man. I have sometimes trouble to be focused on one thing.I tend to spread my attention too thin for tasks other people don't even appreciate anymore. Sometimes I wish there would be a possibility to reverse the time to compensate for all the lost hours I spent pursuing an impossible dream..

I already started kind of a daily planer where I write all my duties in and it helps tremendously with keeping up with my tasks. Why does it actually have to feel so wrong to say 'no' though? ..
>>
>>16459112

The forum is a place where people generally want to help themselves. It has a few regulars but it's pretty slow moving. It's worth a look.
>>
>>16459200
The reason it may be so hard to say "no" is because your life hinges so heavily on extrinsic motivation. You need to find out what you actually want in life so you can focus on intrinsic motivation giving you the authority to say no without feeling that you're somehow missing out on productivity or vindication somehow.
>>
Living the NEET life, free of responsibilities and worries is an ideal to strive for.
>>
>>16459970
...until you die having accomplished nothing, not even reproduction, because "responsibility" scared you too much.
>>
>>16460254

Nobody has "accomplished" anything

When human beings learn how to fold space I'll consider that an accomplishment

So far I'm not impressed
>>
>>16459112
I stopped being neet over a year ago. I'm pretty happy. Its like nothing really changed for me even though i work 6 days a week.
Took a year but I started to finally open up to coworkers and let lose a little, feeling like I regained a part of me I lost long ago.
>>
>>16460274
Finally, someone who gets me.

>>16460254
No joke here, the vast majority of us are not going to accomplish anything of note.
>>
File: aaiefiad.jpg (39 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
aaiefiad.jpg
39 KB, 704x400
don't die again
>>
Today I woke up feeling more well rested, energized and happy than ever. Could this be a new beginning for me?
>remember that last night I forgot to take my pills
Oh that's right, that must be the reason why.
Is this how normal people wake up everyday?
>>
Our family house just got burgled yet I don't know how to feel. I'm pretty angry but for some reason, I'm not as angry as I should be.
Could the feeling of becoming a NEET in a few months be making me dull and apathetic about my life?
I have exams to study for soon but I'm already tired of my degree. I'm in my last semester so I should get it done at least. Somebody push my ass, I'm struggling to push myself.
>>
>>16461214
Thanks, m8. I was nodding off with some rum and forgot to hit post.

>>16460365
It's nice when work gets easier. I couldn't imagine I'd work over 70 hours a week, much less that I'd do it and enjoy it. It just takes time.

>>16461247
I never really felt anything. That's what insurance is for. Pay some money every month and you'll never have to give a fuck.
>>
>>16461214
>tfw knew a girl who wanted to fuck my brains out while i was neet early on
>tfw i ghosted her

she was way out of my league too and didn't care about how much of a loser i was
>>
>>16461592
yeah I agree too much work is really bothersome, but it seems that I dont spend my time in the best way at home anyway.

Also I'd probably not have any social contact if not for coworkers. Not that i'd mind being friendless, but its nice to have the option and setting for meeting friends.
>>
>Finally get to talk to someone I might actually get along with and can do things with
>They actually live 3 hours away

I wish I didn't live here.
>>
>>16462878
get a back pack and a tent unless you have to be somewhere
>>
how do i turn my skill as a dream walker into a marketable talent ?
>>
File: 1372097276757.jpg (444 KB, 950x720) Image search: [Google]
1372097276757.jpg
444 KB, 950x720
>Got a voice-mail officially 5 days ago as of right now
>It was for a possible phone interview

Is it even worth it to try calling back at this point?
>>
>>16463582
I mean, possible interview at their store.

I keep getting calls from solicitors and they're always changing their fucking number so I assumed it was just them and originally dismissed it
>>
I've felt like fucking shit this past 2 week, I have only slept like 4 hours in the last 3 days.
When I see some people of my age saying how they are in college or graduating already when I'm a high school drop out,whenever I'm not distracted by something I start to think how I failed in life,How the only person I ever cared about is 59 years old, with diabetes,other diseases,constant pains and not caring about herself,trying to eat more healthy or lose weight,thinking she could die any day now,every fucking minute I'm at the verge of tears.
I try to cheer up myself saying "Hey you can finish high school and study something after,you're still young,there is time" But I realize is just a fucking lie,there is not time, I already failed,I'm at my 3 try to finish high school,but I just don't have the motivation to pick up a book to study and pass, I keep saying "I still have 1 year,I will do it tomorrow" "I still have 1 month,I will do it tomorrow",and If I can't find motivation to finish high school what hope do I have to study on college or something.
And to top it all, thoughts of suicide are already appearing on my head, something I always rejected,But I just lost all hope.
I didn't write all of this for you guys to cheer me up or pity me, I just wanted to let it out somewhere.
I just hope you guys are doing better than me and are overcoming whatever problem is keeping you stuck on the NEET life.
>>
how do i value society?
how do i become valuable to society ?
how do i tolerate people ?
>>
>I have 3 exams in Feb, how do I motivate/organise myself to study for them?
>any tips for a hobby? Thinking about buying some basic electronics stuff + a soldering iron, but don't know where to start. Thinking about trying to get informed enough to try make a quadrocopter.
>Have a meeting at an employment agency tomorrow for newstart allowance, any tips?
>Also going to be looking for jobs any tips?
Have months of nothing and I'd like to not squander them
>>
>>16458883
Are there recordings of the NEET workout? Or any records of the plans.
>i'd like to get fit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.