[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I sell paintings online without paying for listings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: 2.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Where can I sell paintings online without paying for listings (no credit card). I have an empty checking account with Ally bank, and I'm getting four of my pieces displayed at a local art show/concert event tomorrow. If I manage to sell anything I can buy more canvas.

Best website for this stuff? If I have to make and verify a Pay pal that won't be a problem. I just want to paint trees man. Pic related, I go back and forth from realistic, to surrealistic, to abstract. Depends on my mood.

Any advice for this stuff would be appreciated as well, whats the likelihood I can make a living in the future off of it?
>>
Every site is gonna make you pay a listing fee. That's how they make money.

And don't worry about credit cards. You can get prepaid debit cards that work the same.

I know there's millions of pieces of artwork on Deviantart, BUT I don't have the slightest clue as to whether or not anyone makes any decent money there.

Try a search in paper/internet for local art shows to sell your work.
>>
File: 6.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>16456133
Ah didn't think of pre-paid visas. I'll hit the local gas station. And yeah, I'll start looking locally too. Gonna be moving to somewhere near NYC soon, which sucks since its not the best place according to crime statistics. It might actually be pretty bad, so I'm talking to the family about the firearm purchase process in NY. The reason I mention all of this is the NYC area is bound to have SOMETHING for a local starving artist.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>16456123

how much do they sell for? got more?
>>
File: 7.jpg (753 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
753 KB, 3264x2448
>>16456147
My bad busy doing something.

Well the pieces are priced like this:
>1st image, $60
>2nd image, $150
>This image, $220

Since I'm green I can't put a price tag higher than that. The work I spend a while on, the realistic stuff I'm working on now, etc. I will sell for $300+ in time. The surrealistic stuff seems to attract the most attention, pic related I always see faces in trees.
>>
>>16456189

thats unfortunate, id go for the second or third one if they were priced at around 60 dollars. but the first one seems uninteresting to me.
>>
File: 1.jpg (809 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
809 KB, 3264x2448
>>16456208
Canvas can actually cost that much, its wrapped so yeah. Materials cost a fair amount where I live, rather unfortunate, luckily the town the art show is going to be in is full of upper class white people.

Just gotta find the right buyer. I could do a 10 x 12 oil painting for $60. My old art teacher and related told me as a new artist I can charge 50 cents per square inch for oil paintings.
>>
File: IMG_0432.jpg (517 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0432.jpg
517 KB, 1195x1600
>>16456219

makes sense. I buy a lot of art (or rather, i point at things and my parents buy it for me) so i wouldn't want you to undersell yourself (literally not figuratively, though not that either) but right now my obsession is buying dinosaur fossils so thats where all that 'allownace' is going.

i like your work though. reminds me of this one i got hanging (pic related). i mean i know they dont really look the same, but i got the same sort of dark vibe from em..

either way, good luck
>>
File: 1112151521-00.jpg (272 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1112151521-00.jpg
272 KB, 1600x1200
>>16456123
Nigga you can't paint for shit

My grandma can paint better than you, and she has arthritis and only did it for a year or 2 if that as a hobby

[spoiler]sorry the picture is shit, but my camera and lighting are shit so whats ya gonna do[/spoiler]
>>
>>16456252

his OPening image was meh but his other work is pretty nice, and if i wasn't so focused on dinosaur fossils right now, id be adding one of OPs pieces to my own collection.

you dont have to like his work but coming over here and throwing a bitch fit for something you apparently dont even care about or do yourself is pretty middle school tier.
>>
>>16456262
>maybe one layer oil painting is nice

this is why art is dead

literally zero work when into this shit

and bones aren't art faggot, leave them in the museum
>>
File: IMG_20151112_162416.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_162416.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>16456241
That's a really nice one anon, and thanks I appreciate it. Once I have the money for oil paints and the like I'll start doing stuff similar to what you have.

Maybe one day you'll see something you like and it might be mine. Again thanks.

>>16456252
>immediately shit posts
>comments how OP can't paint for shit
>doesn't see OP's better works, doesn't read thread or see that OP made these quickly and simply
>can't understand the concept of surrealistic work done not out of lack of skill, but purposeful expression

and thats why you're a giant fucking faggot anon. I don't have to prove shit to you or post any of my oil paintings. Also a tip for your untrained yet ever judging eye:
>I used acrylic, not oil dumb fuck

>>16456262
This. And thanks.

>>16456265
Art isn't dead you fucking retard. There are thousands upon thousands of artists in the world painting realistic images day by day, even more thousands of people exploring new ways to evoke emotion through art. Just because you visited /ic/ once doesn't mean you get to shit on everyones work.

TLDR get fucked anon
>>
>>16456306
>taking the andy warhol "it is what you pull away from it" approach to art

total hack philosophy m8

just because you paint in a surrealist style dosn't mean you suddenly get a pass when someone calls you out and says your art took maybe 20 hours to make if that

real painter's spend hundreds if not thousands of hours on one work to sanfran hack fuck

expressing yourself isn't an excuse for lazy work, especially when you are expressing nothing and saying it is what you take from it

hell what are you expressing?
>>
>>16456335

dont engage op.
>>
>>16456335
Oh you're absolutely right anon, and don't get me wrong, I'll spend many many many hours, weeks worth, months worth on other works. These are simple black and white acrylic paintings. Which you then compared to oil paintings. Which you then proceeded to call complete shit without saying why.
>inb4 hurr i dont gotta explain shieett

If you're arguing for the point that all work that isn't master tier and realistic is garbage, then I can simply reply with go fuck yourself, because it all boils down to a matter of opinion. Of course its what you take from it. I'm not saying my art is God tier either, I'm asking for advice.

Remember, I'm not here for a free pass or saying that my art doesn't deserve criticism. But at the same time, its far from my best work. Its simple. Its fun. Its going to be at an art show, and I don't mind that at all. My beef with you is simply you calling my art shit and comparing it to a realistic oil painting. Its like comparing apples and oranges. If I posted a realistic painting with actual effort into it, and you told me why you believe it wasn't a good piece, I'd be inclined to listen.

I never even used abstract work as an excuse to hid inability. Do you really think any of the stuff posted is out of inability? The trees have fucking eyes anon. The first one is a splatter mess. The big wide one is a disproportionate distorted face made to look like a disproportionate tree with space filling in the corners. I could go on for days about how and why the pieces are bad, when compared to realism. But its not realistic.

And so, like I said before, personal opinion. Depends on the work. If you really want to direct your teenage angst towards anything, direct it to the "abstract expressionism" art majors in Europe who are paid to go to school and shit on a canvas, then call it artistic genius. Art isn't dead. The real painters are out there, painting.

Keep shitposting though I need the bumps.
>>
>>16456133
The only way to make money in DevianART is by drawing animu or furry faggotry
>>
File: 1446525026228.jpg (885 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446525026228.jpg
885 KB, 1600x1200
>>16456356
Its too late anon. My butthurt is overflowing out of my gaping anus.

Bump.

Still looking for websites, any anons know of any? I'm looking at Etsy right now.
>>
>>16456123
Art fag here, your work is sloppy and overall at the level of someone in middle-school.
Don't sign or date the front of your work, it's tacky and you look like a fucking loser.
FUCK.
>>
>>16456390
Trust me, I'm an arteologist.
>>
>>16456374
>The big wide one is a disproportionate distorted face made to look like a disproportionate tree with space filling in the corners. I could go on for days about how and why the pieces are bad, when compared to realism. But its not realistic.

Its also expressing nothing but there being eyes in the trees faggot

way to prove your a total warhol with zero artistic vision or integrity

you don't sell "fun" works, you sell shit that has real time an talent displayed and the fact you don't think you have to do this shows your lack of artistic integrity
>>
Why would any reputable site give you a service for free? There are plenty of ways to sell online without listing, but not with a site that lets you list products on their site and then sell them via that site alone and will also offer you a modest amount of protection as a seller.

eBay doesn't take much of a cut (and often has free listings every months), but it's not a great place for selling your unknown art. Etsy charges a negligible listing fee and takes something like 3% of the sale, it's much better for putting up your sub-standard pictures.

There are hundreds of different sites that are made for selling art but no one uses them, so who cares how good their features are? If you just want a way for people IRL to be able to buy your art online then just good a shitty website and put a paypal selling option on it. Squarespace will have you an online shop in about 5 minutes. You can do one for basically free with wordpress but it will take more time.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.